We spent 3 nights of our honeymoon in the Ubud villa. It is unbelievable how beautiful the landscape was. Everywhere in the hotel, you can see plants beautifully integrated within the hotel. There's lush greenery everywhere.
The suite has a semi-outdoor bathroom, with a rustic Balinese charm with all the wooden carvings which Bali is so famous for. The only downside to this outdoor, surrounded-by-greenery concept was that a giant wasp kept lurking in the bathroom for 2 days.
We were able to check out the Perliatan villa, the most expensive villa of the hotel. But at USD160++, it is absolutely worth booking this villa. Other then the usual room facilities, it has its own yard with an outdoor stone Jacuzzi, a day bed, and outdoor table and chairs, etc. And it is literally just 3 meters from one of the 2 pools in the hotel. The only drawback is that it is on the 1st floor, so you won't get to enjoy the padi field view from your room.
Nobody really mentioned, but Bebek Tepi Sawah is really famous for 2 other things. Its Bebek (which means 'duck' in Balinese), and its fantastic art gallery. Ubud is famous for its crispy duck, and although the "Bebek Begil" (which means 'Dirty Ducks') is more famous, the ducks that the hotel serve is just as good, if not better. You can literally eat the entire duck, including the bones, as it has been fried to such perfection.
The art gallery at the entrance of the hotel is filled with unusual finds. Apparently the owner is also an avid arts and transportation collector. He has numerous limited edition Harleys, a US jeep used in Afghanistan, and a plane, if I don't remember wrongly. You can see pictures of Suharto (the past Indonesian president) visiting the gallery at least 3 times during this lifetime. The art finds are just exotic. There was a mural which was 3 by 5 metres (or longer) and yet with intricate details of the Balinese life. It's almost like a "Where's Wally" mural, except on a much larger scale and with a Balinese twist. Pity, that not many people visited the gallery. Throughout our 1.5 hours there, we were the only ones inside the few hundred sqm gallery. Most people probably thought it was too boring! But you really miss out if you stayed there and never visited the gallery.
By the way, the breakfast is really good. The juices are ultra-fresh and super yummy.
***Outside the hotel***
The hotel is 10-15min drive from town, but the transport is readily available (just call 10min in advance and the driver and car will be ready for you). Even the drivers were so friendly and they acted as our part-time tour guides too.
When in Ubud, the food that you must, Must, MUST try are:
- Crispy duck @ Bebek Begil (right beside the largest Cocomart)
- Cafe Wayan @ Monkey Forest Road (a large garden with 'pavillions')
- Ibu Rai @ Monkey Forest Road (tasty and cheap fine dining)
- Ibu Oka near Moneky Forest (OMG it's so good it is crowded whole day!)
- Naughty Nuri's Pork Ribs nearer to Ayung River
- White Water Rafting, Bukit Cilli Rafting @ Telagawaga River
- Majestic view of the ocean at Uluwatu (cliff/mountain)
- Padi farms layered at side of mountains at Tegalalang (it is along the way of other attractions, though Jatiwaluh is much larger and nicer)
- Climb Mt Batur (or if you ain't fit, just ride a car up!)
- Have some kopi luwak (weasel coffee) at an organic farm on a mountain
- Spa at Putri Ayu (no gorgeous padi-field-views here, but with one of the best prices with nice private rooms and showers. It is just a few shops away from Naughty Nuri's Pork Ribs so you plan them together!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bebek Tepi Sawah Villas is located south east of ubud, about 2 km to the citi center, and 27 km from the international Denpasar Ngurah Rai Airport.25 units exclusive luxury villas, mix design of traditional with modern touch facing to the rice field and beautiful tropical garden view.Free shuttle service to ubud citi center at anytime from 9am until 10pm, provide you with 2 public big swimming pool, arts gallery, spa, and the most famous restaurant of Bebek Tepi Sawah Restaurant and the Crispy Duck menu ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, AsiaRooms, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Bebek Tepi Sawah Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tepi Sawah Villas Hotel Ubud
- Tepi Sawah Villas And Spa
- Tepi Sawah Hotel
- Tepi Sawah Resort