Just returned from our honeymoon in Bali and we stayed at Maya for some of it (four nights). The resort was fantastic for anyone who wants to get away from the hustle of Seminyak, and simply relax in the resort, whilst still having access to Ubud town and it's restaurants.
We had Deluxe Pool Villa. The size of the Villa was great, the pool matched well, the outdoors shower was fantastic (there is indoors also), and the deep silver / metal bath was awesome. Outside of the Villa the grounds were truely grand and well kept, staff friendly and very helpful, great gym, free beginner yoga, fantastic spa and easy access to Ubud.
The highlights were:
- The privacy of the villa and it's pool
- The knowledge of the hotel drivers (RP 50000) one way into town. We ran out of money at a restaraunt and the driver who picked us up gave us a loan which we paid back that night.
- The grounds - so well manicured - a pleasure to walk through
- The 'no kids' end of the resort where the spa was is so peaceful
It was really hard to find any improvements and the only one we could think of was to have stereo's in the rooms that have Ipod dock / connection. We did have a problem with our air conditioning not going cold enough so the staff replaced the outside unit which fixed it.
This is a great hotel and highly recommended to everyone looking for some time to relax. If you want serious action this is not the place for you.
- Also Known As:
- Maya Ubud Resort And Spa
- Maya Ubud Hotel Ubud
- Maya Ubud Resort
- Maya Ubud Hotel
- Maya Ubud
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury resort located in the central of Bali, between the river valley and rice terraces of Ubud. Rooms and villas with all the comfort and conveniences you would expect. An ideal choice for those looking for luxurious facilities, peace and tranquility in beautiful surroundings with personalized service and excellent food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Maya Ubud Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.