“Great garlic with my kabob meal” 4 of 5 stars

(859) 209-2134
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mediterranean
“Great garlic with my kabob meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

The humus had a good texture and very strong garlic - be prepared to wear it out the door. Nice service and local young musician singer performing . Nicely grilled chicken kabob and rice meal with a nice green pesto fresh ( garlic prominent here too ). Stuffed pepper cooked very well but lots of rice inside and it was on top if a large bed of rice also. Too much rice and heavy garlic my two downsides to the meal.
Dessert was baklava and I'm sorry but it had been frozen and was a little watery inside and cool. But I would go back and eat again minus cold baklava and humus . Ps I realize humus does use garlic but l hadn't thought I'd be wearing it like a cloud out the door after meal.
Looking forward to many more great things from this restaurant as they move forward and perfect items.

Kentucky
“Check it Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Interesting food. Some great, like the pizza. Some heavy and greasy. Hard to identify the good stuff. Needs a nice set of photographs showing what you get. More pasta with red sauce would be good too. I'll be back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Muskegon, Michigan
“Prejudice & Bigotry are alive at Pescara (NOT motorcyclist friendly)”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I received worse than bad service...I received NONE. Stopped at the door and turned away with a lie by a woman pretending to be a hostess.

I am a hard working, well paid, self sufficient professional who happens to enjoy motorcycle touring while on vacation. My choice of passions, along with the wad of cash that burns in my pocket waiting to be spent on frivolity is 100% discretionary income. I present myself well, and with the exception of a helmet I may carry away from the bike when I park there is little noticeable about me, and nothing out of the ordinary. One would think I would be the type of customer a business would court.

On Tuesday July 30 2013 I enjoyed a day of scenic riding along US127 in Kentucky. At lunch time I found myself in downtown Danville, feeling pleased to find what claimed to be a restaurant offering Mediterranean cuisine. At 1:47 p.m. I entered the establishment through the front door which clearly bore an "OPEN" sign, and observed 12 - 15 diners enjoying meals, and waitstaff coming from the kitchen area carrying freshly prepared plates to be served. Lunch was in full swing. Two steps inside of the door I was stopped. Not greeted...STOPPED, by someone officially representing the owners and their business practices. Spoken to me with what may be the most disingenuous smile I have ever had the displeasure of seeing were the words," I'm sorry, the kitchen is closed". I was stunned. This made no sense to me. I was looking at a functioning restaurant...diners eating their meals...food being served, yet .... the kitchen is closed? Then it dawned on me. I asked, Is this a biker thing? The "hostess'" reply ...The kitchen is closed ! Yes, I know that but I'd like to make sure I am reading this correctly. I asked again, "This is a biker thing, isn't it?" To which she replied, clearly and unequivocally... Yes, it is.

To this woman I have the following to say.
You suffer the unfortunate personal character flaw of being a liar and a bigot, and you have chosen to integrate those flaws into your professional life. May your business suffer for it. I thank you for revealing yourself and saving me the disgrace of mistakenly patronized this business. It is my intent to spread the word of your practices so that others of interest may be aware. It is in part people such as yourself that give the rural south a bad name. May you find yourself out on us 127 trying to sell your unused junk to the other half of the state while the world passes your little town by. You are a disgrace to the town of Danville and may they know you for that.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“What a wonderful surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My brother is a regular at Pescara and has been raving about it online for a long time. Today I drove up from Orlando to visit and the first thing my brother did was take me to lunch.
Between my brother, my two son's, and myself we had the insalada montenegro, steak sandwich, a pizza, and the tiramisu. Everything was from scratch and amazing. I would say the food was much more european than Italian.
On top of great food, I really enjoyed the fact that the entire family was working in the kitchen and I was introduced to all of them. As a true Southerner I was impressed with their perfect fresh brewed tea, nothing says quality like fresh brewed iced tea!
I plan on eating at least one meal a day for the week I'm here in Danville.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Danville, Kentucky
“Authentic delicious handmade Mediterranean cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The food is fantastic, and the service is friendly. The owners are a couple who work the kitchen themselves using family recipes from Europe. This is one of Danville's most recent additions to the new cultural surge, and they have really hit their stride. Highly recommended!

Visited July 2013