“country time” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
danville ky
“country time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

it was alright. very country setting. dim lighting. very small size. may go there again in the near future

Visited September 2012

Danville, Kentucky
“One of the best downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I don't know what experiences others have had here, other than what they have said. But I have eaten here several times, and each time I have company from out-of-state I bring them here. Service has been nothing but good, food was good, and prices are reasonable for what one gets. It pains me to see this restaurant rated lower than "Huddle House"!

Frankly, it's my favorite, even though I can't afford to eat out at a "nice" restaurant that often.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great food, ridiculously long wait”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I was with 3 others and we arrived at lunch. A large group came in after us and received their food before us. I thought the food was very good, but it wasn't worth a 45 minute wait at lunch. I had to rush out the door with my food. The waitress was very kind, but I think they need to work something out in the kitchen to make sure that everyone's orders can be taken care of in an appropriate time.

Visited March 2013
Hustonville, KY
“Sad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is a nice restaurant that should have potential. The location is great if you are downtown working or shopping. I have been here several times, and each time I am a little more dissappointed. Today I had lunch with a friend at noon on a weekday. There appeared to be one server and maybe just one person in the kitchen. It wasn't overly crowded, but there were enough people that nobody was getting much attention. Lunch took an hour, and all we each had was quiche and soup of the day. We didn't get refills on drinks and our drink order wasn't taken until we had been seated for several minutes.

The soup was ok, at least a 4 on a 5 scale. The quiche filling was tasty. The crust was soggy.

I agree with the other review, it would be nice to have a good option downtown and the place is nice. They put a lot of work into the building, but it takes more than a good building to make a restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Danville
“Underwhelming”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The food, both times that I visited, was overpriced and just average. It's a shame, too, because the atmosphere is lovely and one of the few dining options left in downtown Danville.