“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Marion, North Carolina
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed three nights while going to Reds games. Very clean and safe, friendly staff. Beautiful accommodations, short walk across bridge to Great American Ballpark, and downtown attractions. Parking in the garage is safe. Also and for $10.00 not bad at all. My only drawback was that it is advertised with FREE wi-fi, this is not so much the case. You can use the computers in the lobby for free but wi-fi in the rooms is $12.95 per day, this is a bit misleading. Over all though a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Don't pay full price use one of the online travel sites to get a lower rate, then the value is g...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Hurricane, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Nice hotel, across the river from Cincy. Riverfront room view was nice. Easy walk across the suspension bridge to the ballpark or take the shuttle ($1) over to the GABP, Newport, etc. Very convenient, decent price. Staff was very friendly. Pool and fitness center was nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here while attending a business conference. Very good location and very good service. Getting in and out is a bit weird...park in the garage yourself and save a little but still $10/day. There are two sets of elevators and only one provides access to the garage and the other to all the rooms. The lobby is actually on the "plaza" level or like the 5th floor. Starbucks in the lobby (yay!). I had a great salad one evening via room service. I also had a terrific view of the Ohio river and the Cincinnati skyline. I was especially thrilled when opening night for the Reds resulted in a fantastic fireworks show right out my window and over the river :)

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Good location and a quick cab ride over to the Newport area. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. My only complaint is that our room faced the atrium (I think they all do) and there seemed to be quite a loud echo all through the night that you could hear.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed overnight for business and was very happy with the hotel staff, the condition of the room, the ambiance of the lobby, and the amenities. There was always a staff member greeting folks warmly in the lobby. The snack pantry/store in the lobby was fully stock and reasonably priced. The fitness room was clean, each cardio machine had it's own tv, and there were plenty of towels and earbuds available. Nice view from the room of the river and downtown Cinci.

If you are fan of fast food, there is every fast food spot imaginable within walking distance, although I would not go walking around alone at night. As a female traveling alone I was a skiddish walking to and from the (free) parking garage at night, even though it's practically connected to the hotel, but I am overly cautious (thanks to my mother).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel was okay. We arrived in what appeared to be a mishmash of children's events in the area. This definitely affected our experience for the first couple of days but there was a noticeable calmness by Sunday afternoon. Our room was in the midst of all this action - it would have been nice to be separated from the commotion.
The room was okay. I was turned off right away from the location of our room and then I noticed a dirty towel was hanging on the rack (neatly folded but either dirty or stained - looked dirty). There were lots of towels so I just exchanged it for a clean one but I did find myself wondering how well the rest of the room had been cleaned.
Be prepared to pay for parking - and if you self-park then you have to pay each time you leave the parkade.
And the wifi is a total rip off. We purchased it out of desperation on two occasions but would get kicked off every few minutes and it was hit and miss if you could actually connect. I don't understand why hotels charge for wifi these days when nearly any other place offers it for free to their customers.
It was nice to have a complimentary paper and the pantry items for purchase beside the front desk were reasonably priced. I also appreciated that the housekeeping staff respected our do not disturb sign and called or left notices if we needed anything.
We did not eat breakfast at the hotel - it felt awkward and we didn't know where to go. We were much happier to walk just down the road to the "First Watch" cafe/restaurant. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel one evening and were not impressed. It was way overpriced and the setting too formal for the atmosphere of the rest of the hotel. There is also a Subway and another cafe in the area.
If you had a conference/meeting in the hotel or at the convention center then it is good for location. Other restaurants and attractions are within quick driving distance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I live an hour north of Cincinnati and we love to spend a night here and there at the Levee to get away. This hotel is so nice. The rooms are plush and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. I have stayed at this hotel 3 times in 3 years. It's the only place we stay when we visit Cinncy. They have a lobby bar that opens at 5pm. We start there then head off to dinner. Cabs are always waiting for you in front of the hotel. $10 to get to dinner at the Levee. Then after dinner we get back in a cab and head back to the lobby bar. Everyone at this hotel is so nice. My favorite place to stay in Cincinnati. Valet is expsensive..$28, but we splurge when we can. Lot's of towles in the bathroom. Great hotel. Worth the money.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott Cincinnati at RiverCenter? Share your experiences!