“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Covington
Merrillville, Indiana
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I have no complaints. The front desk staff are the extremely helpful and friendly. The room was comfortable and clean. The hotel is well maintained. There is also free parking. The location was perfect for us. We took advantage of the courtyard area (could have done without the piped in pop music) but it was still enjoyable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Covington, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for the amazing review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and our staff. We hope you will stay with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Jasper, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I'm never disappointed with the Marriott name. Our group was one of four wedding parties staying at this Courtyard Marriott at the same time. The property was completely booked but it did not have a negative impact on the level of service. The front desk staff was pleasant and accommodating, the rooms were spacious, clean and sound-controlled. With a location convenient to restaurants, attractions and the expressway, this was an excellent choice for our weekend. The only negative I have is that the pool and hot tub were crowded, which is not surprising with the number of people staying there.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room above the 5th floor.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Covington, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for the kind review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and our staff. Thank you for letting us be a part of such a special weekend!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My wife and I stayed here over Memorial Day Weekend. The hotel amenities were outstanding and the property was clean. I was greeted upon entry and the front desk clerk showed me where to park and how to get to the room. The room was the perfect size, clean, and the bed was comfortable. On Memorial Day we went to the Reds game and the clerk allowed us to keep our car in the garage and showed us how to take the bus to the game. They picked us up right in front of the hotel and dropped us off a block from the stadium. How convenient!

My one complaint turned into a compliment. After reviewing my emailed statement I noticed there was an $18 charge for Room Restaurant. When I called the hotel I explained my wife and I had eaten at Frish's and not at the hotel. They pulled the receipt and noticed they were a digit off with the room. They sincerely apologized and reversed the charge: no questions asked and again very polite.

If we're in Cincy again we will definitely stay at this hotel!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the amazing review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon!
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Local stay for me. Some of the two queen rooms have balconies, some viewing Covington, some the river, put your request in as early as possible and the helpful, happy staff will do their best. Nice, clean rooms offering Paul Mitchell products. The location was easy for me, being a local, knowing where to (and not to) walk. The pool was nice & clean and the hot tub was powerful and spacious compared to some. Waffle House & Riverside Pizza just across the street. *Free parking*

Room Tip: You need your room key to access the garage/free parking, so pull up and check in first.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for the amazing review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and our pool. We hope you will stay with us again soon.
Conover, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Check in to this hotel was excellent. Because of being a Marriott Gold member we were automatically upgraded to a larger room. We had our grand chiuldren with us and I saw that their two room suites were available online I asked if we could have one of those. She Kira checked and was able to get us one of these rooms. twice the size. Rooms have been renovated in 2014 and are in very good condition. The furniture is very contemporary which is not my taste but still it was new. Rooms were large with the master have double sinks outside the bathroom. The bathroom itself was very small but
adequate and clean. Each room also had pull out couches but they were twin size.
If your looking for a great view of Cincinnati and the river you need to be on floor 8 or 9.
Two room suites do not face the river but the street side which at times was a little noisy.We were in room 503 across the hall from the elevator and for some reason we could hear the elevator every time it started and stopped. Breakfast is not included at the Courtyard like other Marriott chains (don't really understand this) so breakfast for two adults and two children's breakfasts was 40.00. This consisted in two children's egg platters, one adult egg platter and one adult french toast. A bit pricey but the quality of the food was good. The staff at the restaurant were not the friendliest. The front desk staff was excellent. Pool is inside and small if more than two families are in there. No one staffs the pool and it got pretty rowdy the two evenings we tried to use it.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the river side floors 8 or 9. Suites are not on the river.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for your valued feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed breakfast and our staff, however I am sorry to hear that you experienced a lot of outside noise in your room. If you would like to further discuss please reach out via phone or email.

Jack Brandt
859-491-4000
jack.brandt@marriott.com
Heath, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed one night, just long enough to catch a Reds game and head back home the next morning. It was very clean, the bed was super comfortable, and the staff was very friendly. I don't like that they didn't have a Continental breakfast, but there is a little shop in the lobby that you can purchase some food/breakfast. We didn't eat there, though. If we were going to buy breakfast we were going to pick a restaurant. Overall great stay.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Covington, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for the kind review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you in town for the next Reds Game!
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have stayed here 3 different times over the last 5 years and it has always been excellent.
I like everything about it; location, room quality, staff, free wifi, cleanliness, outdoor patio, good city views and a gated parking garage!

The staff this time was exceptional. It has always been above average, but this time the girl that checked me in was outstanding. Excellent hospitality from her...nice job!

I really like the gated parking garage that's attached too...and no parking fee! I actually checked out the larger hotels in the immediate area and found slightly cheaper room rates, BUT, after you add in the parking fee...not cheaper.

This Courtyard is the "new style", maybe all of them are now. But the remodeled lobby, rooms and the food/bar service is really nice. You wouldn't have to leave the hotel if you didn't want to.

All of this adds up to good value in my book and I will always choose to stay here...high marks!!

Room Tip: get a room with a city view of Cincinnati...really nice at night!
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Covington, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for the amazing review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will continue to stay with us when you are in the area.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Covington? Share your experiences!