“Nice Hotel....Not so safe location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Covington
Conover, North Carolina
“Nice Hotel....Not so safe location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Check in to this hotel was excellent. Because of being a Marriott Gold member we were automatically upgraded to a larger room. We had our grand chiuldren with us and I saw that their two room suites were available online I asked if we could have one of those. She Kira checked and was able to get us one of these rooms. twice the size. Rooms have been renovated in 2014 and are in very good condition. The furniture is very contemporary which is not my taste but still it was new. Rooms were large with the master have double sinks outside the bathroom. The bathroom itself was very small but
adequate and clean. Each room also had pull out couches but they were twin size.
If your looking for a great view of Cincinnati and the river you need to be on floor 8 or 9.
Two room suites do not face the river but the street side which at times was a little noisy.We were in room 503 across the hall from the elevator and for some reason we could hear the elevator every time it started and stopped. Breakfast is not included at the Courtyard like other Marriott chains (don't really understand this) so breakfast for two adults and two children's breakfasts was 40.00. This consisted in two children's egg platters, one adult egg platter and one adult french toast. A bit pricey but the quality of the food was good. The staff at the restaurant were not the friendliest. The front desk staff was excellent. Pool is inside and small if more than two families are in there. No one staffs the pool and it got pretty rowdy the two evenings we tried to use it.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the river side floors 8 or 9. Suites are not on the river.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Heath, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed one night, just long enough to catch a Reds game and head back home the next morning. It was very clean, the bed was super comfortable, and the staff was very friendly. I don't like that they didn't have a Continental breakfast, but there is a little shop in the lobby that you can purchase some food/breakfast. We didn't eat there, though. If we were going to buy breakfast we were going to pick a restaurant. Overall great stay.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed here 3 different times over the last 5 years and it has always been excellent.
I like everything about it; location, room quality, staff, free wifi, cleanliness, outdoor patio, good city views and a gated parking garage!

The staff this time was exceptional. It has always been above average, but this time the girl that checked me in was outstanding. Excellent hospitality from her...nice job!

I really like the gated parking garage that's attached too...and no parking fee! I actually checked out the larger hotels in the immediate area and found slightly cheaper room rates, BUT, after you add in the parking fee...not cheaper.

This Courtyard is the "new style", maybe all of them are now. But the remodeled lobby, rooms and the food/bar service is really nice. You wouldn't have to leave the hotel if you didn't want to.

All of this adds up to good value in my book and I will always choose to stay here...high marks!!

Room Tip: get a room with a city view of Cincinnati...really nice at night!
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Covington, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for the amazing review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will continue to stay with us when you are in the area.
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Beautiful hotel! Very modern and clean. The room was really nice and the bed very comfortable. The staff was friendly, and the free parking and free WiFi were very convenient. Close to the bridge that takes you in to downtown cincinnati. Would definitely stay here again next time I visit cincinnati!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the amazing review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and our hotel staff. We hope you will stay with us again soon.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was very clean and convenient. One of the nicer courtyards I've stayed at. The room was equipped with a fridge and a balcony which certainly was nice. Other than that it was your typical courtyard other than the pillows were awful.

My biggest complaint was that the fan could not be set to continously run and since my room was in the front of the building you could hear everything going on outside. Ask for a room in the back.

Parking is free and there is a nice garage. There are several liquor store and places to eat within walking distance and they have a shuttle service to take you to downtown cinci.

All and all good experience. Don't think you'll be disappoonted. Would stay again.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, however I am sorry that you were disrupted by the outside noise. I hope you will visit us again the next time you are in town!
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were in town for the Flying Pig marathon and stayed here for the Sat-Sun of the run. Everything was great right from the friendly front desk folks when we checked in on Saturday afternoon. The room was spacious and nicely decorated. The overall appearance of the property and room was very clean. Having a parking structure next to the hotel was very handy. The employees on Sunday were once again very friendly and encouraging as we arrived back from the run. We forgot to pack our wine opener and they were so very nice in loaning us one for our stay. We have run the Pig 6 years in a row and in the future we will definitely stay here. My only complaint was on Sat evening we could hear the trains as they were busy all night Sat but it is not the fault of the hotel. Sunday night was a much better night of sleep as the train only went by a couple of times. Thanks for a great stay and staff.

Room Tip: Higher floor yields a better view
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for the amazing review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, we hope to see you again next year!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was in Cincinnati on business. This Courtyard Marriott is well maintained. It is right off the main interstate. Room was perfect. Staff was very accommodating. Only 10 minutes to the airport. Highly recommend a stay if in the area.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Covington, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for the amazing review! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and that you found our staff accommodating. I hope you will visit us again on your next business trip.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Covington? Share your experiences!