“Nice Hotel. Neighborhood was a bit questionable.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Covington
Rochester
“Nice Hotel. Neighborhood was a bit questionable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Traveled here with a soccer team. Updated, modern, clean, and beautiful hotel. Neighborhood was a bit questionable. Parking garage (complimentary accessed by room key) next to it and connected by a walkway. Many quick places to eat within walking distance (McD, Burger King, Taco Bell, Waffle House, Big Boy, White Castle). Breakfast downstairs a la carte is pricey. Room walls were a bit thin but the beds are away from the door, so that helped a little. Could hear the trains going by all night the first night. Room doors close noisily and woke us up often. Beds and pillows were comfy. Loved the Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner. Staff was very nice and friendly. Indoor pool and hot tub were nice. Wifi didn't work for us, possibly because we are not members.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of the river and downtown Cincinnati. There is a room right across...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I really liked how squeaky-clean and neat and updated everything was inside this hotel. I also enjoyed a river view and don't mind the sound of freight trains going past. The staff is very, very friendly and efficient. The personal items are first-rate (e.g. Paul Mitchell for hair), the beds are comfy and towels are soft. I was very disappointed the first night with what felt like very thin walls, as a baby crying on the same floor sounded like it was at my doorstep. Also, the Bistro breakfast downstairs was not really great, though a later dinner sandwich was very good. So it's mixed... I would likely stay again for work. Note: WiFi is free only if you are a rewards member and book on their website! And even so, it's not very fast. I usually get faster WiFi for free at cheaper hotels.

Room Tip: Higher levels, river side
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Covington, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your valued feedback. I'm happy you enjoyed the room and amenities; however I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the Bistro and the disruptive noise on your floor.

If you would like to further discuss please reach out via phone or email. Thank you.

Jack Brandt, General Manager
859-491-4000
jack.brandt@marriott.com
Bardstown, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2015

This hotel was refreshingly modern with all convieniences. There was a warm fire upon arrival and helpful staff. Starbucks and a mini store are off the lobby. Rooms were spacious with a view of the river. I will make Marriott my first choice on future hotel bookings!!!

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for the amazing review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were pleased with your room and the view. We would love to have you stay with us again.
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2015

We stayed here for one night after flying into Cincinnati on a late flight from Phoenix. The hotel is nice the view we had from our room was beautiful and would have been really nice if it was summer time. This hotel would be good if going to a football or baseball game across the river. What I didn't like was the parking garage. Unless I missed it somehow there was no access to the hotel from the garage. The day we stay it was very late getting in and very cold and windy. It was a bit of a walk from the garage into the hotel. I would stay here again if I was going to see the Reds or the Bengals.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your valued feedback. I am happy that you were pleased with the view from your room; however I am sorry to hear that you were displeased with our parking garage. I hope you will stay with us again for a Reds game.
New Albany, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2015

I stayed at the Courtyard in Covington last night. I have picky complaints. Certainly, the room was clean and appointed with lovely furnishings (and very convenient USB charging ports on BOTH sides of the king-sized beds -- a great modern convenience every hotel should have by now).

But I paid extra for a "river view" room on the highest floor. My bad -- I was anticipating a view of the city skyline at night and morning. No such luck -- it was literally a view of the river. Not worth the extra money at all. Then, the singular window of the room had a oval shaped seatee/sofa right in front of it -- It was generally a wasted expense to have requested a river view.

The room had curtains all along one wall ... so the window blocked by the seatee was open and obvious. I went to draw back the other curtain on the right hand side of the room, and .... wall. No additional window.

Also, I was disappointed in the noise level from surrounding rooms inside the room. I felt like I heard every single toilet flush and seat drop all night long from every room! I could also hear people talking and opening/shutting room doors.

It was just not worth $170. I felt the room was more like ... $135-140.

Room Tip: Don't pay any extra for the "view" of the river/city. There is NO city view from this...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Covington, responded to this review, February 12, 2015
Meredith,

Thank you for staying with us and for your positive feedback on our room cleanliness; however I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the view from your room and the outside noise.

In order to use this information to enhance our guest experience, I would like to connect with you via email or phone to discuss.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Jack Brandt General Manager

Email: Jack.brandt@marriott.com

Phone Number: 859-491-4000
kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2015

I have stayed here in the past so I was quick to book when I knew I was returning to the area. It had been awhile and I was impressed to find it even better than I remembered. The rooms and lounge area had been updated. I was given a nice room over looking the river and a great view of downtown Cincinnati. The room was clean and I really liked the remodeling job and new to me decor. The room was outstanding. The location to downtown Covington as well as the major interstates are also a big plus. A large gated parking garage is well lit and the staff very friendly. The price is right and so is everything else. Hope to be back soon.

Room Tip: Overlooking the river into Cincinnati have great views.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for the amazing review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were pleased with your room and our location. We hope you will stay with us again soon!
Sarnia, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2015

Stayed here for one night on my way to Florida. Aside from being easy to find and just off the interstate, this hotel had friendly staff, adequate well lit parking, and was modern, clean and fresh throughout the hotel. My room was also clean, bright and had a great view overlooking the river, train trestle (never heard a single train) and Cincinnati skyline. The bed was comfortable and I had a great night's rest. Unfortunately the pool was out of order for maintenance, but it certainly looked to be of a decent size.Their business center had an adequate number of computers, while their lounge was inviting, and well laid out. This hotel is also within walking distance of many Covenington downtown core restaurants and bars, which I felt safe walking to. The front desk staff were helpful and very friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Covington, responded to this review, January 29, 2015
Thank you for the kind review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and our front desk staff. I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Covington? Share your experiences!