“Simply lovely ” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Covington
Bardstown, Kentucky
“Simply lovely ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was refreshingly modern with all convieniences. There was a warm fire upon arrival and helpful staff. Starbucks and a mini store are off the lobby. Rooms were spacious with a view of the river. I will make Marriott my first choice on future hotel bookings!!!

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here for one night after flying into Cincinnati on a late flight from Phoenix. The hotel is nice the view we had from our room was beautiful and would have been really nice if it was summer time. This hotel would be good if going to a football or baseball game across the river. What I didn't like was the parking garage. Unless I missed it somehow there was no access to the hotel from the garage. The day we stay it was very late getting in and very cold and windy. It was a bit of a walk from the garage into the hotel. I would stay here again if I was going to see the Reds or the Bengals.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
New Albany, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at the Courtyard in Covington last night. I have picky complaints. Certainly, the room was clean and appointed with lovely furnishings (and very convenient USB charging ports on BOTH sides of the king-sized beds -- a great modern convenience every hotel should have by now).

But I paid extra for a "river view" room on the highest floor. My bad -- I was anticipating a view of the city skyline at night and morning. No such luck -- it was literally a view of the river. Not worth the extra money at all. Then, the singular window of the room had a oval shaped seatee/sofa right in front of it -- It was generally a wasted expense to have requested a river view.

The room had curtains all along one wall ... so the window blocked by the seatee was open and obvious. I went to draw back the other curtain on the right hand side of the room, and .... wall. No additional window.

Also, I was disappointed in the noise level from surrounding rooms inside the room. I felt like I heard every single toilet flush and seat drop all night long from every room! I could also hear people talking and opening/shutting room doors.

It was just not worth $170. I felt the room was more like ... $135-140.

Room Tip: Don't pay any extra for the "view" of the river/city. There is NO city view from this...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Covington, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Meredith,

Thank you for staying with us and for your positive feedback on our room cleanliness; however I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the view from your room and the outside noise.

In order to use this information to enhance our guest experience, I would like to connect with you via email or phone to discuss.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Jack Brandt General Manager

Email: Jack.brandt@marriott.com

Phone Number: 859-491-4000
kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have stayed here in the past so I was quick to book when I knew I was returning to the area. It had been awhile and I was impressed to find it even better than I remembered. The rooms and lounge area had been updated. I was given a nice room over looking the river and a great view of downtown Cincinnati. The room was clean and I really liked the remodeling job and new to me decor. The room was outstanding. The location to downtown Covington as well as the major interstates are also a big plus. A large gated parking garage is well lit and the staff very friendly. The price is right and so is everything else. Hope to be back soon.

Room Tip: Overlooking the river into Cincinnati have great views.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for the amazing review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were pleased with your room and our location. We hope you will stay with us again soon!
Sarnia, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for one night on my way to Florida. Aside from being easy to find and just off the interstate, this hotel had friendly staff, adequate well lit parking, and was modern, clean and fresh throughout the hotel. My room was also clean, bright and had a great view overlooking the river, train trestle (never heard a single train) and Cincinnati skyline. The bed was comfortable and I had a great night's rest. Unfortunately the pool was out of order for maintenance, but it certainly looked to be of a decent size.Their business center had an adequate number of computers, while their lounge was inviting, and well laid out. This hotel is also within walking distance of many Covenington downtown core restaurants and bars, which I felt safe walking to. The front desk staff were helpful and very friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Covington, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for the kind review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and our front desk staff. I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area.
Plymouth, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2015

My family stayed there last year and again last weekend for our daughter's gymnastic competition. Excellent staff, beautiful hotel and rooms. The staff were very professional, pleasant, and easygoing with every request. The large amount of girls, both preteen and teen, didn't faze them at all. The Convention Center was only a few minutes away which was great. Staff even turned in Bluetooth Earbuds that my husband had accidentally left there. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: There was a train going by that rumbled so may not want river side, but we loved the river side view...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for the amazing review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and staff. We hope to see you again next year!
Ashland, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2015

I have been a frequent visitor to this hotel over the last eight years when I come to the Cincinnati area to visit my family and conduct business. I've always found it to be a nice place to stay with good accommodations. It's close to everything in the downtown Cincinnati and Covington/Newport area so it's easy to get to. I would highly recommend it to friends and family, and do. The last time I was there in December it was as great as ever. I would definitely park in the garage here and walk to the games or (take transportation across the river and back if you can).

Room Tip: ask for a river view. It's my favorite part about this hotel. going to bed and waking up and loo...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Covington, responded to this review, January 20, 2015
Thank you for the amazing review. I am happy to hear that you are a frequent visitor and enjoy our river view rooms. I hope you will stay with us again soon!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Covington? Share your experiences!