“Clean hotel, friendly staff, and great location..” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Sarnia, Ontario
“Clean hotel, friendly staff, and great location..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed here for one night on my way to Florida. Aside from being easy to find and just off the interstate, this hotel had friendly staff, adequate well lit parking, and was modern, clean and fresh throughout the hotel. My room was also clean, bright and had a great view overlooking the river, train trestle (never heard a single train) and Cincinnati skyline. The bed was comfortable and I had a great night's rest. Unfortunately the pool was out of order for maintenance, but it certainly looked to be of a decent size.Their business center had an adequate number of computers, while their lounge was inviting, and well laid out. This hotel is also within walking distance of many Covenington downtown core restaurants and bars, which I felt safe walking to. The front desk staff were helpful and very friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Plymouth, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My family stayed there last year and again last weekend for our daughter's gymnastic competition. Excellent staff, beautiful hotel and rooms. The staff were very professional, pleasant, and easygoing with every request. The large amount of girls, both preteen and teen, didn't faze them at all. The Convention Center was only a few minutes away which was great. Staff even turned in Bluetooth Earbuds that my husband had accidentally left there. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: There was a train going by that rumbled so may not want river side, but we loved the river side view...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Ashland, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have been a frequent visitor to this hotel over the last eight years when I come to the Cincinnati area to visit my family and conduct business. I've always found it to be a nice place to stay with good accommodations. It's close to everything in the downtown Cincinnati and Covington/Newport area so it's easy to get to. I would highly recommend it to friends and family, and do. The last time I was there in December it was as great as ever. I would definitely park in the garage here and walk to the games or (take transportation across the river and back if you can).

Room Tip: ask for a river view. It's my favorite part about this hotel. going to bed and waking up and loo...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Covington, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for the amazing review. I am happy to hear that you are a frequent visitor and enjoy our river view rooms. I hope you will stay with us again soon!
Fox River Grove, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I spent one night at this Courtyard and I would recommend it . Very clean and comfortable.
The hotel is located right over the river from Cincinnati in Covington KY so I would consider it a downtown location for both cities. They offer free parking in their covered garage. Most of your city hotels charge for parking.

This Courtyard has the Bistro that servers a nice breakfast and evening selections along with Starbucks 24 hrs.

They have a very nice and clean hot tub and pool. As I said the my room was very comfortable and clean

The staff was also very helpful in making some copies for me for a business meeting that was much appreciated.

If my businesses meeting was successful I will be defiantly staying hear again in the future.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and our Bistro. I hope that you will stay with us again on your next business trip.
Youngstown, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I enjoyed a stay at the Marriott Courtyard for a weekend getaway with a friend. I looked at cool (but costly) hotels in Cincinnati, but chose this hotel for it's price, free parking, and ease of access to the city through public transport.

Parking in city hotels can cost up to $30/ day so the free parking garage at the Marriott was a plus. The garage is accessible using your room key which means you have to check in prior to parking. We easily found two parking spaces on the ground level of the garage and it was an quick walk under a covered walkway to the main entrance of the hotel.

Since parking in the city is a pain, we took the Southbank trolley each time we went over the river. The trolley costs $1 per ride (passes are available online) and picks you up right in front of the hotel parking garage. To save time, I recommend walking to the trolley stop under the nearby overpass as it goes to the city directly while the other stop (in front of the hotel garage) loops around Covington a bit more. The trolley is cash only, so make sure to have the correct amount when getting on. (Tip: if taking the trolley back to the hotel, make sure you wait for the Trolley that reads "Covington" and not "Newport").

The lobby was modern and our room was clean. You could tell that the majority of the room had been renovated. The pullout desk, fridge, and dresser were located on the wall as one unit. The two queen beds were large and clean. Instead of a headboard, the hotel placed two foam wedges behind the four pillows against the wall. This was handy as I could build up wedges and pillows behind me to make it more comfortable when sitting up in bed. They provided more flexibility.

The sink counter was smaller than I've had elsewhere but worked for our needs. The closet was located directly across from the vanity which was a slightly awkward placement at times. The doors of the closet were mirrored and appeared to be older. The bathroom itself was quite large and the adjustable shower head provided a nice amount of water and pressure. The shower itself looked older, but it was clean and felt great. Our room faced the road but we could see the river and some of the city. It was nice to have a balcony for a breath of fresh air.

I've read other reviews that complain about the area. We (two females) had no problems. You will likely see people who are homeless in the area as you are near the river but you could pay a lot more money to stay in Cincinnati and still see people who are homeless on the pavement directly outside of your hotel. You're in a city environment. It's just likely to happen.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone coming to visit Cincinnati or Covington.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for the kind review. I am elated to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you come back and visit us again soon!
charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This property was totally renovated and is on par with a full service JW Marriott. The staff is not only very friendly but helpful. You'll find a wonderful oversized lobby to work and meet people. The cafe downstairs has a plethora of food options and priced very reasonable.

The rooms are large and modern. Very comfortable beds, pillows, water pressure and large flat screen TV.

The only con would be location, but that's not true either. It sits on the river across from Cincy. There's a $5 dollar option to use Uber and catch a ride across the bridge. There's also a movie theater two minutes away and restaurants.

I would highly recommend this property for business or pleasure.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the amazing review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were pleased with your room and our Bistro. I hope that you come back and visit us again when you are in the area.
Bryan, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2014

I stayed here for when I had business in downtown Cincinnati. Nice lobby and friendly staff. A great feature of this venue is that there are abundant eateries within a block or two. Nothing fancy but adequate for me as a solo business traveler. If you get a north facing room the view of the city skyline is pretty cool.

Next advantage is the ride into and out of downtown Cincinnati was without congestion or hassle. You take the I-71 Brent Spence bridge over then back across on the US 42 CW Bailey bridge... couldn't be easier.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side have better views.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Covington, responded to this review, December 24, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and staff. I hope you will stay with us again soon!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Covington? Share your experiences!