“Weekend Getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Weekend Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We recently made a short road trip to the Cincy area for my son's fall break. We chose the Courtyard because of the good value and proximity to the downtown Cincy area, and were very pleased with our stay! Upon arriving, check in was seamless and very quick. Dennis was at the front desk to check us in, and was very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. There is a stop for the shuttle/trolley just out front of the hotel which was very handy and got us to and from downtown Cincy and the Newport on the Levee area. The decor of the hotel throughout is very appealing. The room itself was clean and comfortable. It felt a bit cramped with the 2 queen beds in the room we had, but for a short stay, that really wasn't a big deal. We didn't do any dining at the Bistro on site, because there are a handful of other dining options within walking distance. Granted, these are not any fine dining restaurants, but good for just grabbing a quick bite to eat on the go. Our only disappointment was in that we thought the indoor pool was heated, but after taking a dip in the pool one evening, it definately wasn't heated or at least not that day. All in all, this was perfect for our long weekend getaway and we will definitely be back the next time we visit Cincy.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We were driving through the area and decided to stop in Cincy for a Reds game. Delighted to find this affordablely priced Courtyard in a great location, across the river. Being a Rewards member, we got upgraded to an upper floor in the back with a river/city view. There is a train track nearby, but the trains are just rolling through so it's a peaceful sound, kinda like foghorns; not enough to disturbe your sleep. The room and guest areas are all standard Courtyard, that is to say very nice. Everything is upgraded or new and clean. Delightful staff.

There is a downtown/ballpark shuttle just outside the front door. Runs every 20 minutes or so. You can park your car and have a beer or two at the game with no worries about getting back to your room safely.

• Stayed September 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our 5th time staying at this immaculate and well appointed hotel. Stay is the best. Breakfast is full service with many choices. The surroundings give you a feeling of truely being welcome. I cannot stress enough the total perfection of staff. Within walking distance to cincinatti stadiums and a very short taxi ride to Newport Aquarium and Newport on the Levy. A large selection of night life and family fun. Congratulations to the management and staff for getting this right!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Covington, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am happy that you were pleased with our Bistro and staff. I hope to see you for your 6th stay!
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I spent a night here before my business meeting the next morning in downtown Cincinnati. It was extremely easy and convenient to get downtown from the hotel. And, there is an artsy-type district within walking distance for lively restaurant choices.
The hotel fit all my business needs and comforts with the perk of garage parking.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the railroad tracks. I heard from fellow colleagues it got rather noisy dur...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the positive feedback. I am happy to hear that our hotel fit all of your business needs. I hope you will stay with us again on your next business trip.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I recently stayed her with my daughter (4) and my mom. Our room was on the fourth floor and had a nice view of the river and the train tracks and a peek-a-boo view of downtown. We were also able to see the Friday night fireworks from the Cincinnati Red's game.

The room was spacious, updated, and quiet. I really liked the size of the bathroom, the in-room fridge, plenty of outlets, and super comfortable beds! It seems that the hotel has had a lot of complaints about train noise, but honestly, when I was awake I simply heard a low rumble - like white noise - while sleeping, it did not bother me at all. The train "noise" did not bother my daughter or mother either.

As far as amenities, the restaurant was nice and convenient as we ate dinner and breakfast there. We also enjoyed the clean pool. One of my favorite parts of the hotel was the outdoor space. They have a fenced in area with a large patio with chairs, tables, and a fireplace. We enjoyed relaxing out there, while my daughter enjoyed playing in the green grass.

I would certainly stay here then next time I am in the Cincinnati area.

Room Tip: If you think the train might bother you, ask for a room on the front side of the hotel, Again, thou...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the amazing review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were pleased with our rooms and amenities. I hope you come back and visit us again soon!
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed the weekend of the 19th of September (Octoberfest) with my family. Our room was clean, and it was pretty quiet. There were wedding parties in the hotel, it was Octoberfest in downtown Cincinnati and the baseball and football teams were in town and yet we got a good night sleep. It is not the best location, but it is by the cute town of Covington and very accessible to everything. We had relatives in Cincinnati and Kentucky so it was just off the interstate and really easy to get around.

Room Tip: Request a room farther away from the train and looks to the back rather than the front.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Covington, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for the kind review. I am elated to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope that you come back and visit us again when you are in the area.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was recently in town on business for one night and stayed at the Courtyard. Room was exceptionally clean, staff was very friendly and I was assisted promptly. While I agree with others that the immediate area surrounding the hotel may not be super pleasing to the eye, I walked to lunch in a neighboring area and also took the shuttle bus to and from a Red's game and felt very comfortable at all times. Just a few blocks from the hotel there is a really neat street with lots of bars, restaurants and even a few shops to choose from. The ease of accessing the interstate and also the available shuttle to baseball and football games right outside the hotel coupled with nicely remodeled rooms and friendly staff makes this a great location for both business and sports related stays.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the amazing review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were pleased with our room and staff. I hope you will join us again on your next trip to the area.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Covington? Share your experiences!