“It was nice” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 hotels in Covington
Windsor, Canada
“It was nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were only here for a short stay after a concert in Aug 2012 but it was cute and clean. Nothing really special other than the service at the first desk was awesome and the lobby was really cute with coffee from Starbucks I believe.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

I'll start first with the good. Beautiful and modern lobby. Very clean pool and public areas. We had breakfast and dinner at The Bistro which had a large selection (including healthy food). The Bistro also included a bar. The prices were reasonable and you can take all food to go. I noticed most guests ate breakfast at The Bistro. I'm wondering if all Courtyards will eventually turn their "free breakfasts" into a Bistro of $. Maybe their way of getting away from the free breakfasts. At any rate, now there is an option for lunch and dinner as well. Staff was friendly! We were in town for a football game. Very convenient to the stadium. For $1, you can catch the trolly out font of the hotel and the trolly drops you off at the stadium. Leave your car parked for free at the hotel!

Now, onto the rooms: if only they were as modernized as the lobby. The rooms felt like what you would expect from a Holiday Inn. The mattress was as HARD as nails. I think I would have slept more comfortably on the floor (if I wasn't already sleeping on the railroad tracks!)

Unfortunately, we were on the 9th floor at the farthest corner right next to the train tracks. ALL NIGHT LONG (and I mean at least twice an hour) a train would roll through. Between the mattress and the trains.... I wouldn't stay here again if in town. I'm not sure, which came first, the hotel or the tracks.... If they build the hotel there aft the tracks - what an awful decision.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Beavercreek, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Living in central Ohio, I often travel to Cincinnati to attend sporting events and stay over night. I usually stay somewhere on the Ohio side, but my wife and I decided to stay in Covington on a recent trip to a Reds game. We did not have reservations anywhere, and just parked our car and started walking from hotel to hotel to check and room rates and availability. None of the "nice" hotels would offer us a room on a Wednesday night for less than $200.00 even with AARP or AAA discounts. We walked in to this beautiful Marriott and were greeted by Caitlin B. at the front desk. She treated us like we were her top corporate customers, got us a beautiful room overlooking the river, with a balcony, at a great AAA rate, and called my cell when our room was ready. This is by far and away the best hotel in the Cincy/Covington area, and just a short walk across the bridge to any venue in Cincy!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

At 1am, I woke up to a huge cockroach crawling across my bed. I was on the 9th floor. I did not expect this as the room appeared to be clean when I arrived. The staff switched me to a different room and I was given a room on the 7th floor. The staff was very friendly and nice, but that does not excuse the fact that I saw a cockroach in my bed.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Shaker Heights, OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed at this property for two nights. My room was on the top floor (9th), and there were 4 or 5 rooms between me and the elevator, but there was constant noise. I am a pretty heavy sleeper normally, but I didn't sleep at all my first night. AT ALL. The next day when I returned from working in Cincinnati all day, I mentioned this to the front desk clerk who told me "we get a lot of complaints on the 9th floor from the elevator motor being up there". I told him I got no sleep, and he moved me to the 7th floor, which was much quieter. I kind of thought he'd do a little something- maybe offer me some points, or a voucher for the convenience store- anything... No offer was attempted. This was surprising to me, as most Marriotts seem to pride themselves on providing excellent service. Regardless- the 7th floor was much quieter, and I did get a good sleep in.

The neighborhood is somewhat seedy- it's all fast food joints and liquor stores around the hotel. Easy to get to Cincy, though.

Room Tip: Avoid the 9th floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ANNVILLE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were going to the Cincinnati Oktoberfest on relatively short notice, and found this nice option directly across the Ohio river. The rate was considerably less, and the distance was definitely walkable, and a shuttle (for $1 a ride) was available right outside the entrance on a 15 minute cycle. We stayed 3 nights and weren't bothered by the railroad noise. The whirlpool bath is really wonderful! It has two speeds, and at high speed it feels great! A breakfast is available, but boosts the cost of the room by $20. Based on the level of accommodations and compared to other similar facilities I've visited, I believe this breakfast should be included with no extra cost.

Room Tip: If available, request a room with a river view. While we were there, the mornings were very cool, w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New York NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I just spent the weekend at this Courtyard by Marriott. It was a great value. The hotel is very quiet, the beds were very comfortable. It is very close to Cinncinati and all the attractions there. The on and off ramps for the highway are about 3 blocks away. The staff was very helpful and i would stay here again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Cincinnati Covington? Share your experiences!