I chose this hotel because a co-worker I was meeting was also staying at this hotel.
I was a little surprised by the surrounding are and if I was traveling alone, I would have turned around when greeted by the "Pony Keg Express" in the hotel parking lot.
The front desk staff were nice and checked us in promptly. I was given my room assignment and was a little disappointed when I got to my room. The room was "clean" but had obviously been well used and it looked dirty and worn even though it was relatively clean.
The hotel suffered from a power outage in the morning as I was preparing for a meeting so I was forced to improvise ways to provide light to myself to get ready for my meeting. (as a side note, if traveling with a laptop, use a blank word document for maximum light for showering, applying make-up, etc.!!)
The hotel staff was apologetic about the power failure and allowed me to re-enter my room once the power came back on even though I had "officially" checked out.
All in all, the hotel may be convenient to downtown Cincinnati but I wouldn't recommend the hotel to any friends due to the general worn condition of the hotel and the surrounding area.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area) Hotel
- Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area) Hotel Covington
- Hampton Inn Covington
- Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront
- Covington Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampton Inn Cincinnati-Riverfront … situated along the scenic Ohio river near all the Cincinnati action and just minutes from the new Horseshoe Casino and always popular Newport on the Levee Entertainment District. Hampton Inn Cincinnati- Riverfront is within walking distance of many restaurants and a tourist favorite - MainStrasse Village; Minutes from two (2) major Convention Centers Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront is also the perfect location when visiting for Cincinnati Bengals’ and Reds’, BB Riverboats, The Banks Entertainment District, Cincinnati Zoo, Creation Museum, horse racing, multiple casinos,and all the most popular wedding venues in town. Start your day at the Hampton Inn Cincinnati-Riverfront with the most important meal — breakfast. All guestrooms now include a refrigerator and microwave, free internet access (throughout the hotel!) and 37'flat screen TV with expanded channels. We have a fitness room and indoor pool for you health and enjoyment. For business or pleasure visit us soon and often at the beautifully renovated Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, Hotels.com, Fareportal , Otel, Venere, Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your Hampton Inn Cincinnati Riverfront (Downtown Area) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.