“Pretty Good.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Covington
Chicago, Illinois
“Pretty Good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I was in town for business in Cincinnati, so this hotel was very convenient (5 minutes from downtown Cincinnati) and a lot cheaper than the hotels over the river. The rooms are a bit dated as many other reviews have mentioned, but they are still pretty decent. It's not a four star hotel but it is clean, comfortable and in line with what I expect for a mid-range hotel room. I thought the staff was especially nice. As a lot of people mentioned, the traffic noise is pretty noticeable. I didn't have a problem sleeping, though, especially with the fan on. If you are a light sleeper, I wouldn't recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the highway to avoid the noise!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Covington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed at the hotel when our child was in Childrens hospital. Overall the front desk service, Kellys Pub, and 360 restaurant was all excellent service. Kelly's Pub also advertised a burger bar so we did not eat dinner at the hospital to try it. The burger bar wasn't open because they said they didn't have enough people which is understandable but we wish we knew that before coming back to the hotel. Our room was average a bit out dated. The noise from the interstate wasn't really a problem for us since we are from the city. The bathroom paint was cracking and the three nights we did stay our bathroom was never clean. The shuttle service also left us waiting at movies one night because the manager had better things to do other then pick us up. If we would have known we would have caught a taxi. Other than that the shuttle drivers were very helpful. I would never stay here again for the simple fact that they don't clean the bathroom or change the sheets on a daily basis.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
South Bend, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I ended up staying here when my plans changed, booked it via hotels.com, so the rate was under $100. Radisson used to be known as a fairly high-end hotel chain. Either that has changed or they are unaware of this property. The room I stayed in had very worn carpet, a stained desk chair, multiple wallpaper patch jobs, and was very drafty from the balcony sliding glass doors (winter). The SleepNumber bed, however, was a pleasant surprise. As other people have commented, the interstate highway being right outside is somewhat noisy, but I slept fine. The hotel does provide earplugs in the room (that was a first for me!), but I didn't use them. Location is great - easy access to I-75 and to downtown Cincinnati.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the Interstate highway uhless the sound of traffic at night (and more in t...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Bethel, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed two nights. The room was very nice. But the highlight was dinner in the revolving restaurant on the top floor. We had a good meal, but the view and experience was magnificent. We spent almost two hours eating and enjoying the continuously changing view of Kentucky and Ohio.

It must have been 30 years since we had been at this restaurant.

Room Tip: ask for room away from freeway
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Madison, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

All the bad reviews aren't as bad as seemed. Sure by an interstate very loud don't stay by the interstate if you don't want to hear the sound. The breakfast was great when we were there. And to believe they actually let you stand on a balcony is amazing but bc sadly places can't leave that open anymore bc afraid people will jump. The view was incredible and was not far from the football stadium. Had unforgettable time and will be back this year when titans and cinci plays again!! And can't wait!!

Room Tip: Higher the floor the better view :)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night in January & this I would rate as an average hotel. They have underground parking (help stay away from the snow) & free Wifi in all rooms. Rooms are dated & definitely needs upgrades. Be careful selecting the rooms as the ones facing the freeway can be very noisy. I specifically requested for a room away from the freeway & even then I ended up getting one right next to the freeway. Outside the room there was an ice machine which was very loud. I was there for only 1 night & very tired so did not want to move my luggage. The heater / AC was making a lot of noise so I had to just switch it off. I booked the hotel through Price Line so got a good deal but I would not repeat.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Vandalia, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed on the 11th of January and I was on the 15th floor. I had an Excellent Stay. I stayed at the Radisson about 7+ years ago, and it definitely has received upgrades since my prior stay. The staff were phenomenal, and the room was very clean and very beautiful. Only exception, I noticed a cigarette burn hole in the desk chair, but no biggie. The pool area was definitely upgraded, and made me feel like I was in the time frame of Zeus. Pool area was very clean, and the water was very comfortable. I also went up to the 360 to sit in the Lounge area to take pictures. The prices were a bit high for me, so I just had a pop. The bartender was very nice, and I stayed up there for about 2 hours getting some pictures. The restaurant was clean and looks like it may of been upgraded as well.

I was very happy with the customer service that I received from the hotel. When I called early in the morning on day of arrivial, they said I could check in at 1. I got there at NOON, and they let me check in. On the day of Check Out, they let me have a 2 PM Late Check Out. Everyone was very helpful. I received a discount on the room as I had the points to receive a discount on my Club Carlson. Even if I didn't have the points, I'd probably pay the $119 a night, although I wish it did have free breakfast.

The noise from the Highway, although I was on the Kentucky side, is very understandable. On the contrary.. Don't listen to the bad reviews, because this place is wonderful, and is an excellent value in my opinion!

Staff of Radisson Riverfront, thank you for making my Birthday weekend a wonderful weekend! I will have to consider returning! This was outstanding :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront? Share your experiences!