“Hotel needs a renovation” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Covington
Lima, Ohio
“Hotel needs a renovation”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

My Husband booked this hotel for our New Years getaway and I must say we were very disappointed in the look of room, Beds were not Queen sized as stated furniture was old and chipped carpet had stains I can go on and on. The only highlight was the Staff at the restaurant 360 where we were entertained by Larry he is awesome!!! And the staff at Robbie's for breakfast.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else but go to the eateries they have
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Art S, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for the kind comments about Larry and our restaurants. I am very sorry your stay at our hotel was below your expectations. We do have some renovations planned and hopefully you can give us another try in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

The WORST hotel experience of my life. I travel quite a bit for work and have seen some mediocre accommodations, but my experience here was by far the very worst. This hotel is located DIRECTLY next to a very busy interstate. Odds are, your hotel room will be within earshot of the traffic which is only amplified into your room through the outdated air conditioning system next to the window. It was basically impossible to sleep with all of the noise coming in from outside. The rooms were also kind of dingy and it was all very rundown. I asked for a room change the next day and the next. The hotel staff were quite rude and uninterested in helping me get to better accommodations. I thought I may be a valuable customer to them and that they would assist in whatever way possible since we were staying a few nights in a few rooms and also had reserved a meeting space. On the first night we dined at the 360 degree restaurant on the top floor. While the experience of spinning was kind of cool, the food was just terrible. You could tell that everything was very low quality at a high price. I would have much rather gone anywhere else, honestly. Not to mention, the casual dining is also quite bad. You are paying for the same quality of food and choices that come complimentary at many hotels. I'm talking dehydrated eggs, sketchy bacon, white bread, yogurt cups--- just awful. So, to recap, FOOD=TERRIBLE, SERVICE=BAD, ROOMS=THE WORST. Do not stay here if you have any other choice at all. Did I mention it's not even in Cincinnati? It's in Covington, KY. I will personally never ever stay at a Radisson again. Good luck if you do!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not located next to the interstate. It's a round hotel, so good luck!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Art S, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. I am not sure why you would wait almost seven months to review our hotel as this is one tool we use to help our hotel and staff get better. We do realize that we are next to the highway and that some people are very sensitive to noise, that is why you can choose to book a riverview room and that would put you away from the highway noise. Unfortunately, the half price rate you booked does not include access to the river view rooms.

As far as the food is concerned, I can assure you, then, as well as now we buy only the highest quality food from national purveyors. We use real eggs as well as Hormel bacon. Most people would prefer the Dannon yogurt cups on the buffet instead of a big bowl of yogurt.

And, yes we are across the river in Kentucky, where incidentally the Cincinnati airport is located and we do have complimentary shuttle service to all the downtown Cincinnati attractions.

Again, I do apologize for your disappointing experience and I can assure you we are typically much better than you experienced.
Vienna, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have never stayed at a Radisson property before this trip. My perception was that they are on par with Marriott. I was extremely disappointed. The staff was great. They were friendly, helpful, and efficient. However, the hotel is extremely rundown. It is in a good location but is also located directly overlooking the highway. The traffic noise comes through the air conditioning unit and is loud. They provide ear plugs which I found interesting. My room was clean but needed a lot of work. The carpet was stained, knobs were missing, and the closet shelf was filthy. The bed was comfortable. It is a sleep number bed and is adjustable. The bed controller display was broken and could not be read. The shower had great pressure and plentiful hot water. I attended a training conference. The meeting rooms were nice. We also had lunch in the rotating restaurant on the 18th floor. Again, the people were very nice but the restaurant itself needs a lot of work. The carpet is worn, the windows were dirty, and my chair was very old and rickety. The food was average which was a disappointment. Considering the rate I paid I am rating this hotel a poor. They are charging downtown prices so my expectation is a clean and modern facility. This is not what I received. If I were meeting a client at this hotel I would have been embarrassed. Lastly, if you park in the garage you will be welcomed by employees sitting in chairs smoking. I arrived at 1pm and this was the case. I left at 430am and they were still there.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room facing the highway.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Art S, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
I am very sorry your stay was below your expectations and we really appreciate the nice comments about our staff. I don't disagree that our rooms could use some updating but I will say you are somewhat off base if you are comparing our pricing with the other downtown properties. I know for a fact that we are typically $60 to $150 less expensive than the downtown Marriot properties and the Hyatts, and Hiltons are $60 to $100 more than we are as well. I am also told on a regular basis from our guests that they get treated much better at our hotel than at these other more expensive hotels. As far as our 360 restaurant is concerned that was renovated in April of 2013 with carpet, tile case goods etc... We are planning our next renovation and hope you give us another try on a future stay
Toledo, OH, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently as my daughter had an appointment at Cincinnati Childrens' Hospital. I was just a tiny bit apprehensive after reading the reviews. I was however, pleasantly surprised.

Here are my thoughts:

1. Great location right off of I-75. I remember driving by this hotel many times as I went down I-75 over the years. It was cool to finally stay there. Easy to find and literally right off the highway. It took us 10 minutes to drive from the hotel to the hospital.

2. The pool area has been recently redone and was excellent! Nice, clean water and great hot tub. My daughter swam there. Great for kids.

3. Great breakfast buffet. The price was under $10. Very nice, polite service.

4. The restaurant on the top floor was awesome and offered an excellent view of the city. The restaurant takes approx. an hour to rotate all the way way around. The food was pretty good, but the ambiance was excellent! Nice dark areas with dark wood furniture..exactly what IMO a steak place should look like. The server (Tyler?) was very polite and professional and helped us with driving directions. I would recommend the shrimp appetizer.

5. The price was great too...$120 for a double room. I needed two rooms actually and the manager made sure that they were adjoining. I could vaguely hear noise from the highway, but it was no more than I could hear on a regular basis in my urban Toledo neighborhood. I usually sleep with the TV on anyways, so it drowned out any noise. The beds were very comfortable. One of the rooms had a sleepmaster bed, which was cool. Free wi-fi was a nice touch too after being punked for wi-fi charges at the last 93 hotels I stayed at! :-)

6. The hotel was built in 1972. The rooms could use updating..new carpeting, paint, drapes, etc. Radisson should do this floor by floor IMO. The dated decor was noticeable, but the pool, location, and price outweighed that.

7. No bellhop! :-( It was snowing and we had a lot of bags. It would behoove the hotel to have a bellhop on hand (minimum wage + tips?). The bellhop could also be used for various other tasks (bar hop, etc.) around the hotel.

Not a bad place. It is in a great location and served our purposes well. We will probably stay there again during our next trip to Cincy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high as possible for the view!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed here for work one night when I couldn't stay in downtown Cincy. The rooms were quite old and shabby. My room also overlooked the highway, so it was quite noisy. The hotel helpfully provides you with earplugs... but it's still loud.

Being out of the way, the hotel also doesn't have good transport into downtown; I waited nearly 40 minutes for a cab in the morning, and had to repeatedly ask the clerk to make sure one was on its way.

The room was serviceable, but it's not high on my return-to list. On the plus side, it seemed that they're doing a lot of work in the hotel; perhaps it's worth another go after the renovations are complete.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the highway.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Now I know who was using the pool and hot tub all Thanksgiving night; see previous review. But KUDOS to the wonderful desk clerk who was willing to notify me when it became available (it never did; I finally just went to bed, and then still crowded the next morning) and then, failing that, allowed me to return to the hotel after sightseeing and use it in the afternoon after I had checked out so that I could finally enjoy some aquatic peace and quiet over the holiday. Great facilities, beautiful view of the Cinci skyline from the breathtaking balcony, nice exercise room, cute pub, and (finally) nice indoor water pool and hot tub. Great service from the desk clerk, who also made calls to see if certain attractions were open, gave me directions to the aquarium, and was generally top-notch. Handy to Newport, interstate, and MainStrasse; I highly recommend.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We booked 2 adults and 2 children over the Thanksgiving holiday with the Radisson's package deal which included tickets to the Newport Aquarium and breakfast room brunch. The front desk clerk seems to have been somewhat new (the manager on duty was assisting her) and she was WONDERFUL--friendly, professional, and knowledgable, We got an excellent local pizzeria recommendation and got checked into the room quickly. The room was very clean and in good repair, no weird smells or odd stains to creep anyone out. Towels and linens were very fresh and enticing. I read prior reviews which indicated that the hotel is being renovated--the areas we saw were all very kempt, even it worn.

We very much enjoyed the pool area although on Thanksgiving evening the towels ran out--but with three families all using it at the same time, this was to be expected. I also used the fitness room and found it to be in good repair. There is an underground parking garage which was great during the cold and snowy weather.

The only "oops" I noticed was that the sink area appears to have been renovated recently, but must be an inch or so higher than the previous, since the GCFI plug of the room's hair-dryer no longer fits between the counter and the wall. Not a big deal, but they may now need to rethink that area of the room.

Kelly's Pub on the first floor had a decent hotel breakfast buffet, nothing special there, but filling, and fresh. We did not dine at the 360 Restaurant on the top floor, but were able to stroll through on the first night, to see the city lights. Again, the staff were all friendly and pleasant. Im my experience, it is the staff that makes or breaks any hotel, and I have sincerest compliments for the staff of his hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with one of the newer beds, since a lot of prior reviews complained how awful the old...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront? Share your experiences!