“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Covington
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here during the Cincinnati jazz festival the price was high but the staff.are.very friendly, the rooms are small but clean. Close to waffle house and the breakfast.was delicious. I would stay there again but not for.the.concert I will stay downtown next year.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on August 17. Normally I am not picky on hotels, but this one has some big negatives. First, our room was on the Riverfront side, near the highway. It was extremely loud all night long- not one of us slept well, and two of us had earplugs. We also had a bathroom door that was super squeaky- every time anyone went to the bathroom it made a very loud noise. Our room was very dated, but clean- no issues with that at all. One of our sleep number beds did not work, and it was hard as a rock. We had one bed with the dual air and one single. The single air felt like sleeping on an air mattress- not on an actual bed. The positives- staff was friendly, the pool was fine, it was on the riverftont, so it was close to the sports stadiums and some awesome restsurants and the location was right off the highway. I would only stay here again if I could get a room not on the side of the highway and if it were for one night.

Jacksonville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The rooms were very small and not worth the $139 a night that we paid. The hotel bar/cafe usually only had one person working and they were bartender/waiter.

We had problems with our toilet but the maintenance staff was quickly there to fix that issue. The highway is directly outside of the hotel and this made for a very loud night.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I'm currently in one of the rooms as I write this. I'm here for a work convention, so my organization is picking up most of the tab. The pool is cold and the hot tub...excuse me, spa is small. The gym is in the basement and it's sauna-hot. Being a gym bunny, I'm disappointed at the 1 crappy elliptical and 1 old treadmill. The staff has been overly friendly and accommodating. However, someone has been smoking on our floor. They left cigarette butts all in the hall and my allergies have really suffered in this "smoke-free" establishment. There are freakin balconies in each room for godsake. I even told the manager about it. We have bad hospitality rooms set up each night in the Mark Twain room etc. very nice locale. Saw fireworks last night from hospitality room. Going to the 360 restaurant tonight which of course I will review. The maids have left us all toiletries in abundance. Wish there was free continental breakfast!!!!

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed at the Radisson during the Macy's Jazz Festival and I must admit I was disappointed upon arrival. Rooms are dated, carpet not so celan and beds are (sleep number beds). Most of the rooms do not have a safe to store valuable items had to use safe at front desk (unbelieveable), bathroom is also small and dark lighting. The Hallways are very dark with a musty smell. I also saw a "huge water bug" called the maid and she said that she would report to manager (smh). The rooms were priced at $200 per night, for this price I truly expeced better.

Overall if you're ok with a average hotel this will probably work for you. Lobby Restaurant was surprisingly good and very affordable. The 360 Room had an awful smell, probably because the carpet needs (not recommended) lots of choices downtown and affordable.

I truly enjoyed the Concerts and my visit to the New Casino.

Room Tip: Hotel has free parking and shuttle service to Downtown. Hotel is 5 mins. from downtown. Ask for...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We got this hotel by bidding on priceline for $70! We got there early and they checked us in which was great. We were in town for Tuesday night and Wednesday day Reds games. We signed up for the shuttle when we checked in, which the manager quickly pulled out a piece of computer paper and scribbled some times. We swam in the pool had a couple drinks and went down for the shuttle.Everything went great that night. He picked us up with some other people withing 15 mins after the game. The next day however was awful. We called down at 8am to get a shuttle for the game. They told us the 10:30 and 10:45 am shuttles were full so we signed up for the 11am. When we got down there we weren't on the list and neither was another family of 4! There was already another family scheduled. Luckily My boyfriend and I squeezed into the first shuttle but that sucked for the other family. After the game I called and asked for the shuttle. We waited 45 mins and the shuttle never showed. We ended up splitting a taxi back to the hotel with 2 other guests that were waiting. We hit traffic the whole way back to Columbus because of waiting so long. The hotel was great, clean and friendly...unfortunately the whole shuttle thing frustrated us. Don't know about the restaurants because we did not eat there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the city not the highway
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Way to place a hotel where all major highways meet! Thank god for ambien or I would not have gotten the 2-3 hours I did get before wearing off. Bring your earplugs. Also I had to switch rooms as WiFi did not work on one side of the hotel. I had a great view of the giant pink neon "liquor" sign out the window.

• Stayed July 2013
HangB_13, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
I am very sorry you did not get a good nights sleep. We are in the process of making a riverview room type that you can book and be guaranteed a room that over looks the river. Hopefully, this will give people an option away from the highway. I am checking on the wi fi issue we have not had any other complaints.

Been to Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront? Share your experiences!