“Great location, easy in, easy out” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Covington
Tijeras, New Mexico
“Great location, easy in, easy out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has a great location across the river from downtown Cincinnati. Good selection of food nearby.

Friendly staff and clean rooms along with a good rate makes for a great stay! It seems like an older hotel but has been kept up well.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
SE USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Courtyard, Embassy, Marriot all available in the area that are newer facilities. This HI is like many HI's ................ very old. I will say it is clean........... but just over all old. Skyline Chili and decent pizza place (Riverfront Pizza) right across the street, The Hotel says riverfront.......... which usually means located with a view or on a river............. but as you can see from the picture......... there river bank is viewable............but not the river. The Marriot and the Embassy are actually on the river. Just a few blocks from Main Street which has many nice places to drink and eat.

Room Tip: All the rooms appear to be the same size at this facility. Rooms on the riverside will have no road...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Alexandria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The staff here are great and very helpful. The Greenery Restaurant/Bar on-site has a limited lunch/dinner menu but their breakfast buffet is very good.

I have stayed here multiple times and always have a great experience.

I didn't rate the spa because it was not open during this stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Any where I please
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Staff was very helpful and nice. Nice room but bed linen was soiled, contacted maids and received clean bed linens immediately. Some restaurants in walking distance if you want fast food. Overall good stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cincinnati Riverfront, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Supriyah S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the bed linen upon your check-in. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
fletcher
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I saw one review about the "sketchy" location but this is a big city. If you have ever stayed in NYC every hotel is in a sketchy location. If convenience and a huge variety of top notch eateries doesn't out way being savvy enough to walk around in a Big City, then don't stay here, stay south of town 10-15 miles in suburbia and enjoy your rush hour drive in and out of the city each day. I really enjoyed being able to get out and walk to world famous restaurants all within a few blocks, oh and yes I was not accosted nor even looked at crossly. I was able to eat at Skyline Chili, Bob,s Big Boy, White Castle, and many more all within walking distance. The staff are very helpful and nice and if you can get a top floor room facing north then you are high enough to see the river and downtown CVG skyline. If you wish to stay in and eat, the food is very tasty in house. Plenty of well lit parking and a nice stay. I really enjoyed the neighborhood myself, but as I have been to much much worse ares like NYC and DC I can handle it, this is a walk in the park compared to many large cities, oh and you can head down the river and Walk in the Park:)

Room Tip: Backside faces river but you have to be high up to see over levee
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Chesapeake, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I just wanted to say that this place is great and the staff is great! I had to stay there for 2 months for training for my job! Everyone there was very nice and made me feel special! I will stay there anytime I am in the area for an overnight trip! Bev the bartender is awesome!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Covington, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I booked this hotel through Hotwire as one of the top secret deals. I was excited to get a riverfront hotel, but upon arriving we realized what a sketchy part of town it was in (there were two police officers across the street with someone when we got back from the concert we were seeing.) I've stayed in much nicer hotels or a cheaper price that provided more amenities, so I have a hard time rating this stay highly. It was just average. We had a room by the elevator and in the morning I thought I was waking to the pleasant sound of the birds chirping, but realized that it was the elevator doors opening and closing. Breakfast was free, which was nice, but it was not very good. The staff serving were excellent though! I would probably try and find somewhere else to stay if we ever come to this area again.

Room Tip: Don't choose one by the elevators!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cincinnati Riverfront, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear MandM620,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation the food selection which was unacceptable. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Cincinnati Riverfront? Share your experiences!