“Nice Hotel, Good Location, Great View” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati - Rivercenter / Covington

You added Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati - Rivercenter / Covington to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati - Rivercenter / Covington
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10 East Rivercenter Boulevard, Covington, KY 41011   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now and Save 20%
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Yadkinville
“Nice Hotel, Good Location, Great View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This was our first time staying in the Covington/Cincinnati area. We were quite pleased with the Embassy Suites. The room was spacious and comfortable. Our view of the Cincinnati skyline was a nice extra feature. The staff were friendly and helpful. Parking was convenient and free. There was a complimentary shuttle to the Horseshoe Casino in Cincinnati. We would gladly choose this hotel again.

The complimentary breakfast was very good. My made to order omelet was great!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ESRC, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati - Rivercenter / Covington, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thanks for the sharing your positive comments concerning your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Cincinnati RiverCenter! The staff loves to serve and we truly appreciate hearing that you enjoyed both our hotel and area! I hope you had a safe trip back home...please come back and see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Great location. Loads of fun stuff to do for families and singles. 5-7 minute drive or trolley ride. Beware of riding the trolley too late if you have children unless you are ok with foul language and such. The facility if extremely clean. From the lobby to the room, the cleaning personnel do a wonderful job.
Most of the personal were extremely helpful and very pleasant. Ellis from engineering was GREAT! I wasn't sure what his title was because he was everywhere assisting guest. I would have to add, he was one of the reason we stayed at this location. He is definitely an asset to this location and Embassy should be thrilled to have him on their staff. I must mention two other people, Beau, food and beverage, and Erin, Human resource manager. The breakfast was wonderful. There were many choice to choose from hot cook to order to cold items. If there were any issue with anything, Beau was quick to response which I appreciate. Erin, H.R. manager, was very kind and concern M.O.D. We had an issue with our room which I will explain in detail later and Erin listen with a smile and tried to her best to solve the issue which was out of her control.
Now on to the ugly. Our room which was on the 8th floor (809) had an air-conditioning problem, or lack of. Our room was uncomfortably hot. The maintenance man came to our room with this little tool and was trying to convenience us the room was cooler that what we thought. Nice try. We were offered fans which discussed me because that is not any kind of option. Please don't insult us. Of course the facility was sold out and the only room which was available was also on the 8th floor. Maybe the hotel was sold out of the non-river rooms. Who knows. We went to check out the other room and the door wouldn't open. The maintenance man couldn't gain access and it was rather embarrassing for the hotel. To offer another room option and the key or the lock not to work was not an option at all.... At this point it was beginning to be comical. Enough of our time had been spent attempting to get an suitable room, we had no choice but to stay in the original room which around 3 am the room turn extremely hot. I guess there is some sort of automatic timer that adjust the thermostat while guest sleep. Which was a disaster for us. In the effort to help compensate us for the room situation, Erin took $75.00 off our room and sent a gift bag which the kids enjoyed. Not enough for all the mishaps. It wasn't until Ellis and Beau stepped in that our one night stay was comp. I much rather had paid for my stay and to have to spent the time dealing with the air.
Now, onto the manager reception. The drinks and atmosphere were wonderful. The snacks just ok. Bartender Rachel was rude especially to kids. Wasn't pleased with her attitude and service. Especially when she scratched her head and proceeded to serve people without washing her hands. Wouldn't have bothered me except she used her hand to drop cherries in to the drinks. Gross.
Pool- way too hot! Water and room temperature needs adjustment. Cut our swim time short because of it.
Would we stay at this facility again...yes! Mostly because of the personnel.

Room Tip: choose river view and not on 8th floor
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hello and thank you for your candid remarks. I have brought your comments to the attention of my entire leadership team for immediate attention. Our commitment is to provide you with a safe, comfortable and clean hotel suite and by reviewing your remarks, it seems we fell a bit short. Please be assured that the comments you shared about specific associates will be use both as praise and for improvement. In closing, I do know that we adjusted your final bill which is our commitment to making it right. Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to serving you again in the future!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Stayed here on a quick family trip. This hotel is convenient to downtown Cincy just a quick walk across the bridge to the city. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable and conducive to a reasonable nights sleep. The overall hotel interior is showing signs of being careworn. The carpet has numerous stains, wall plates are dated around switches, etc. The room we stayed in had a shower that was difficult to change temperatures. Either too hot or too cold. The breakfast and managers special are always a plus.

Room Tip: corner rooms and upper floors are probably best.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review from your recent visit to this Embassy Suites hotel. We read and value each review as your comments provide us excellent feedback in which we can improve! Be assured that I will forward your comments to my leadership team for immediate improvement action. Thank you again for your comments. We look for to serving you and your family again in the future!
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I stayed at the Embassy Suites in Covington twice in 2 years and what I truly don't understand if you ask to speak to in house sale manger on August 1, 2014 why do I have to be transferred 3 times and had to call the hotel twice and since that time I had to ask for an in-house manager over and over again. The last time I was hung on for asking to speak to a manger this was at 2:25pm for the lady that the front desk. Informed him that I have other questions and I would like to speak to a manager I’m not sure why she didn’t want to let me speak to a manger since I asked numerous times. I'm going to take a leap of faith and say she must thought that I was going to report her for her unprofessionalism and also the refusal to let me speak to a manger directly.

The Hilton family is a wonderful chain they pride themselves on good service but on today August 1, 2014 at 2:45pm I have to say the conduct of the employee at the Embassy Suites in Covington, KY makes this band look truly bad!

It would be truly nice to speak to a manger when you ask for one!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserved during your recent stay with us. Please know that this is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we didn’t meet your expectations during your stay. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience as your satisfaction is very important to us. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will consider staying with us again soon so we may have the opportunity to make it right.
Rochester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The hotel was very nice and enjoyable!! Loved how close it is to Paul Brown Stadium!! The breakfast was also very good and quick! Loved the ease of valet parking. The beds were very comfortable and the pillows were fluffy!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ESRC, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati - Rivercenter / Covington, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Good morning and thank you for submitting your comments from your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Cincinnati RiverCenter in Covington KY! We appreciate you selecting our hotel during the Macy's Music Festival as we know you had many hotel choices! We've enjoyed having you and look forward to your return in the future!
JOHNSTOWN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is a perfect place to stay going to ballgames. Trolley runs right by or you can walk if you want. You do not hae the Cincinnati downtown traffic. Perfect. We have already booked this hotel for our next ballgame trip...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati - Rivercenter / Covington, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for your recent positive review of the Embassy Suites RiverCenter in Covington KY. I'm glad that our hotel exceeded your expecations and was happy to hear you have booked your return stay! We know you have a variety of lodging options in the Northern Kentucky area and are happy you selected our hotel. Enjoy your summer, we look forward to serving you soon!
Cincinnati, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Over all the room was "FAIR". The room smelled because it was a smoking room. The coffee maker and the TV remote were broken. The breakfast was good but the gym was very small and did not have much equipment. Good location to the city and ball parks.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your recent review of this hotel. At our property, we utilize each guest review to help us improve the operation of our hotel. I have reviewed your feedback with my management team and we are actively taking steps to improve our hotel. We appreciate your comments and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati - Rivercenter / Covington? Share your experiences!