We stayed 2 nights - July 4 and 5 - so it was busy. Location was nice - easy access to the bridge to Cincinnati, right across from the Tank Shuttle stop, and an easy walk to many places in Covington. Our room was comfortable and everything worked fine. We did have a couple issues that were really annoying, and shouldn't be that hard to fix.
(1) There is -no- sound insulation. The housekeeping staff was outside our door having a "break" or something - hooting, laughing, carrying on about 830am. I asked them to keep it down, and they apologized and moved on. But no matter WHAT was going past our room, we could hear it. The ice machine was there too, so it was a LOUD congested corner all the time.
(2) Breakfast. The lines were ridiculous for the buffet items. Seriously - 20-30 minutes to get through the line for breakfast, and nowhere near enough seating. The hotel was crowded, so i understand some wait. But they put the toasters at the end of the hot-items line, so the entire line waits on people to make toast. It's also in a corner, so there's automatic congestion. They need to re-think the logistics of how this is laid out. We mentioned this to a server, and they've heard it over and over, passed it on, and nothing changes.
(On the upside, the omelet station was FANTASTIC!!)
(3) Checkout. We needed about 30 minutes extra to get things together in the morning, after the LONG breakfast wait. We asked for late checkout. We are Hilton Diamond members, and that's pretty much automatic. They denied it because they were full the night before. No apology, just stated "policy." I could understand if they were full the NEXT night, and trying to get a jump on things, but it was because of the PREVIOUS night. I'm pretty sure nobody was waiting outside my door to clean, so it was just because they were -allowed- to deny it. It was "by the book" but just kind of crummy customer service to their loyal customers.
Other than these things, the hotel is just a little dated and needs some maintenance here and there.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati
- Embassy Suites Covington
- Covington Embassy Suites
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati - Rivercenter / Covington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.