“Poor heat, outdated, too expensive” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati - Rivercenter / Covington

You added Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati - Rivercenter / Covington to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati - Rivercenter / Covington
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10 East Rivercenter Boulevard, Covington, KY 41011   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now and Save 20%
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Cincinnati, OH
“Poor heat, outdated, too expensive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed here for 7 nights and 8 days over the holidays. When we got to our room we thought it was the wrong room because there was a big stack of dirty dishes right outside the door. Those dishes sat there for a full 24 hours even after we called the front desk. We rented a 2 bedroom suite for our family of 4. When we arrived the room was freezing!! The next day maintenance came to fix the problem and told us that none of the heat in 2 br suites was working well. We looked at another room but the furniture was broken and the carpet eas very badly stained. The carpet in the hallways has been replaced and is nice but the carpet in the rooms is old and stained and the furniture is outdated. They charge $14.00/day to self-park or $24/day for valet. The breakfast is okay as most Embassy Suites but over the Holidays it was too busy for the few people working and poorly maintained. Housekeeping did a good job one day out of 8. One day they removed the dirty towels and did not leave clean ones, did not vacuum or empty the trash. Most days was only slightly better. Room service was surly and slow althought the food was okay. We called at 9:30PM to have them come pick up our tray from the hall and it was still there at 8AM when we went to breakfast and still there at 10AM when we went out to visit friends and family.

AS a Hilton Diamond member I stay in a lot of these hotels and this was near the bottom of my experiences with Hilton. The Homewood Suites' in Sharonville or near the airport are both better run and better values. I will stay at the Hampton in Wilder, KY before staying here again. Very, VERY disappointing!

The one plus was a great river view and the view of Downtown Cincinnati at night was beautiful. However it does not come close to making up for all the problems at this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a Riverview room or better yet - stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati - Rivercenter / Covington, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Good Morning!

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Embassy Suites RiverCenter. I appreciate hearing from our guests with any and all comments especially including areas for improvement. I sincerely am sorry that your stay was not completely to your expectation and be assured I have shared your comments with my leadership team to do whatever we can in the future to provide exceptional service and satisfy the needs of our guests. I hope that we have the chance to again be of service to you as we value having you stay at our hotel. Once again, thank you for your candid remarks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here because our daughter had to go to the Cincinnati children's hospital and had a great time the rooms were very clean the open bar was a big plus and the breakfast was very good we will defiantly be coming back

• Stayed December 2012
embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati - Rivercenter / Covington, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Happy New Year and thank you for your positive comments! I'm glad you and your daughter had a pleasant visit to both the hotel and Children's Hospital. We are very fortunate to host many families who visit Children's Hospital and sincerely welcome you back in the future!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed for three nights around Christmas time. The hotel was very clean and well run. The manager's reception with free drinks was a great bonus. The cooked to order breakfasts were also very nice. Great beds and two room suites. The location is perfect for sight seeing. It is close to downtown Cincinnati without being in the traffic of the city.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Wow...thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent holiday stay! I appreciate hearing from guests such as you as this is how the hotel and management team learns of ways in which we can improve. I know you have many lodging options in this area and are grateful you selected our hotel for your holiday travel needs!
Richmond, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Most helpful and friendly staff. The complimentary cook to order breakfast and managers retreat were a great touch. One of the cleanest hotels we have ever stayed in The bed was very comfortable and helped me fall asleep easily. The location is great. Close enough to attractions but not so close that it is a nuisance. I'm sure if i went through with a fine tooth comb I could find something negative to say but would be hard pressed Over all this is a fine hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for sharing your remarks concerning your recent visit to this Embassy Suites hotel. I'm happy that you and your family found us to be a safe and sound destination for your holiday travels! Keep us in mind as the weather warms us as there are many fun and interesting attractions to see in and around the area. Thank you again for your positive comments!
Fernandina Beach, Fla
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed in the hotel just one night and found it a good value. The woman checking us in was very Midwest friendly and helpful, giving us maps and information about the area. Unfortunatley, the woman checking us out the next morning didnt acknowledge us while she completed a phone call for what seemed a long time. No smiles. There was a sign to have the parking ticket validated at the garage entrance, making us believe it would be free. The check out lady said no, that if we had it validated the fee is $14 for one night parking; if we didnt validate it, it would be $8. This seemed a little bizzare. The suite was large, comfortable, and everything worked, althought the TV had to be "re-set" by someone sent from the Front Desk. Another odd thing, the interenet was "free" in the buisness center, 15 minutes, but $8 is you used your own computer in your room. You dont see that often. The happy hour had beer, coctails, and snacks in a very pleasant surrounding. The breakfast was delicious and the view of Cincinnati was fantiastic, leading me to look up the Roebling Bridge on Google. It predates the Brooklyn Bridge and was built by the same man. Except for Check Out Lady and the unexpected parking fee it was a good experience and we will be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for both your positive remarks and constructive comments regarding your recent stay. I read every comment and suggestion as this is how we learn ways in which to improve out hotel. Should your future travels find you in the Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati area, we once again welcome the chance to be of service to you and your family!
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Well....it appears to me that the Embassy chain is getting past its prime and needs to renovate most of their hotels. The Covington, KY (Cincinnati) location is no exception. Where do I begin? My mother-in-law booked a nonsmoking 2 bedroom suite on Expedia (unknowingly...she thought she was on the Hilton site) for the Friday night of Thanksgiving weekend and she paid a rediculous rate of close to $400. We arrive at 10:00pm and were sent to the farthest room fromt he elavator despite the fact that my mother-in-law was obviously handicapped with a walker. She and I are both allergic to smoke and despite the nonsmoking sign by the door we walked in to the horrible, overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke. While I understand that it is not the hotel's fault that someone broke the rules BUT there is no way that housekeeping could not have npticed that. I called down and they started looking for another room......and looking and looking and looking. After 15 minutes, I went downstairs and the front desk staff is still searching. Really? I finially got short with them and magically 2 rooms next to each other appeared and we changed rooms. WHen my husband and I got to our new room there was a machine in the hallway to obviously clean the air and dirty footprints in the bathroom on the floor and the toliet kept running. There was a terrible stain on the ottoman AND on the coverlet on the bed - gross. Our temperature was set on 62 in the room and would not go up or down!! We froze all night. My mother-in-law's shower would not drain. The next morning we were awakened by 4 kids in the hallway that were very loud (not the hotel's fault, I realize). Breakfast was so so with many items out.
After much complaining the next morning they did agree to give her points for the inconvenience and they stated it was an amount equal to 3 night's stay - it was more like 1 night's stay.
Hotel needs updating and we won't stay there again (we go to the area often) until it is renovated.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati - Rivercenter / Covington, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including areas for improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of providing exceptional service. We hear your comments loud and clear, and are planning a large renovation project once the new year arrives. I hope that you will be our guest again in the future, so you can enjoy our improvements as well. Again, thank you for your candid remarks.
Corbin, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

After purchasing tickets for a game there on 11/11, I started looking for hotels that may offer shuttle or walking distance to Paul Brown Stadium. After looking at a few, decided on Embassy Suites, they are close for walking, and there is also a shuttle (not hotel shuttle) that will take you to stadium for 1.00. WOW I thought, 2.00 round trip, and stay at a LUXURY hotel.

Upon entering hotel, lobby is beautiful, staff professional, check-in fast, cooked to order breakfast, ahhhhh. I asked for a smoking room (already expected smell), top floor, dual riverview. Paid in advance, $309.41 + 15.00 day for dual view upgrade. Well, I have stayed in smoking rooms before (I don't smoke, wife does, I oblige her and she me on occasion) but, for a luxury hotel, the smell was a bit overpowering. Also, the room was VERY dated, bathroom vent was actually in wall next to shower head, decore was dated, would not have expected this from a HiltonHonors hotel.

While I do stay in many hotels, mostly LaQuinta, HolidayInn Express, etc., I have never paid so much for such a drab, old looking room. If I had known the rooms were like this, for the price, I would have stayed elsewhere.

Other then room, everything else was nice.

Embassy Suites, update/remodel rooms if your gonna charge 139.00 a night (internet price regular price was 189.00), have paid 120.00 a night and had much better room.

Room Tip: River view was awesome, dual view not worth it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati - Rivercenter / Covington, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thank you and know that we appreciate hearing from you. We are planning a remodeling project for 2013 which will update many areas of our facility. Your comments will be taken into consideration once we begin this project and I am confident that you will notice the upgrades we have made. Again, thank you for your comments. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati - Rivercenter / Covington? Share your experiences!