“Great View - if overlooking the river, very basic place” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati - Rivercenter / Covington

You added Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati - Rivercenter / Covington to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati - Rivercenter / Covington
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10 East Rivercenter Boulevard, Covington, KY 41011   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now and Save 20%
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Covington
London, United Kingdom
“Great View - if overlooking the river, very basic place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

An old hotel which hasn't been refurbished in ages with an interior which is in good condition but really not great style. The best thing is the great view over the bridge and Cincinnati as well as the comfortable beds. Rooms are large and have a small area for food (fridge, microwave but no cooker). The breakfast is really not worth getting up for ! Instead walk up the bridge into downtown (20 mins leasurelly walk) to one of the many restaurants there. The pool is small and in need of a refurb and the gym is tiny (three machines and no room to stretch or do floor exercises)

Room Tip: overlooking the river ! you will not regret it
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati - Rivercenter / Covington, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for your review and comments. I value comments such as yours as they help us to improve our operation! The hotel is in the final planning stages of many upgrade projects scheduled to begin in early 2013. I am certain that you will notice the upgrades we have made on your next visit. Should your travels find you again in the Northern Kentucky or Greater Cincinnati area, we again welcome the opportunity to be of service to you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Room was nice and looked like it had recently been redone - courtyard was very pretty and the view was to die for! Spend the few extra dollars and get a riverview room! We were on the 7th floor and got to see the bridges and the stadiums all lit up! All the staff were wonderful - room service was tasty, quick and hot. Don't miss the aquarium! Only a short drive away!

Room Tip: Get the 6th or 7th floor and get a riverview room!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati - Rivercenter / Covington, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for sharing your review comments with other guests. I'm happy you noticed the upgrades we have made and know that we sincerely look forward to seeing you back at our hotel in the future!
Santiago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I payed 159.00USD plus tax for a room with 2 double-bed suite.
Room cleanliness the first couple of days, was frankly below average. The carpeted floor had some white dust on it (coming from the ceiling of the room having a humid spot so it was falling from the ceiling), and the housekeeping staff failed to clean it for like 3 days. Of the 2 lamps that were in the bedroom part of the room, only one of them worked. There were not enough plugs in my room, and of the existing ones, one set didn´t work. The quality of breakfast offered was not to my expectations. The alarmclock/radio was very outdated. No shower gel provided in the bathrooms. The bath-tub in my room was clogged, I told the front desk about it, they probably did send maintenance to fix it, because the next day it was better... but the following day, it went right back to how it was. The shower didn't work properly. And to make things worse, I had the bellboy get me a cab to go to a mall, and the cab they got me, had his meter fixed to screw people, since he charged me twice what the trip was worth. I only realized this when I grabbed the cab to come back, and the fare was for half the amount. I was very dissapointed at this, since you expect the hotel to have trust worthy cabs for their clients. If I wanted to just push my luck, being a tourist, I would have gotten a cab on the street by myself. The bell boy offered no apologies when I told him what happened... rather, he said "well, there are so many cabs, we can't know which ones are trustworthy and which ones are not"... rather than offering an apology. I think it should be a part of their job to have trust-worth cab companies working with them. The guy at the front desk apologised, and said he would see if "he could do something about it"... but nothing happened. And just a minor detail (see picture), but one that I think adds to the lack of detail orientation of this hotel... it seems like the numers on the elevator buttons were all re-done with "whiteout"... how cheesy is that?!

Room Tip: I just wouldn't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review which details your recent stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including areas for improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of providing exceptional service. We are committed to working with both our Engineering and Housekeeping teams to ensure that we correct the issues that you mentioned. Also, I would like to apologize again for the incident with the taxi driver. We do have an approved list of Taxi Cab companies as licensed by the City of Covington however we admittedly have found that not all the approved companies share the same level of service and passion that the Embassy team subscribes to. I will however coach the valet associate on a more appropriate way to handle this type of situation should he encounter it again in the future. I hope that you will be our guest again the next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area – thank you again for your comments.
Bluffton, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The location, on the riverfront and incredibly accommodating staff save this hotel from receiving a lower rating. On the positive side, this location is perfect. Just across the river from downtown Cincinnati with easy access to the John A. Roebling Suspension Bridge, it is a short 10 minute walk to ballgames, restaurants, and nightlife. The staff is wonderful. Every request we had (and you know six women traveling together had a lot of extra requests) were met in a timely manner and with a smile. Unfortunately, the hotel is really showing it's age. We had a 2 bedroom (sleeps 8) room. It had 1 bathroom. WHAT? That was an early morning logistical problem. The comforter on the king bed had a permanent stain right in the middle of the comforter. It would be IMPOSSIBLE for the cleaning staff to make the bed day after day and not see the stain. The bathroom had a vent in the shower that had a thick layer of black ick on the slats. It wasn't mold, but more like a think layer of dirt that had never been wiped down. Finally, the parking garage is a disaster! It is currently under construction. We actually had a car coming down a one way path the wrong way because it was unclear how to move throughout the garage. I believe, the garage is not owned by the Embassy, but it is clearly the recommended parking location. Overall, pretty disappointing for the cost and a typically reliable hotel brand.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati - Rivercenter / Covington, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you very much for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your 100% expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure detail and comfort are our number one priority. I understand the age and condition of the bathroom along with bedding was of concern. I am always seeking reviews and comments to provide insight into our guest experience and will keep your review in mind as we look towards refresh options. We also appreciate your feedback on the parking garage. Although the garage is a city-owned facility, your safety and comments are important to me. Be assured that I will pass your concerns along to appropriate city of Covington officials. Thank you again for your review and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to Northern Kentucky or the Greater Cincinnati area.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Location is about the best thing about this hotel. Walking distance to stadiums and behle st cafe outside hotel has great service and drinks. The free breakfast was pretty good and omlets were made from scratch. The room was completely dirty and smelled like pet urine andwe had to contact front desk several times to clean the room. Not worth the money the pool was being remodeled which should have been stated on the website but wasnt. Will not stay there again and parking was terrible as i could barely fit the the tahoe in the parking garage.

Room Tip: Great location and thats about it
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati - Rivercenter / Covington, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for your comments and review of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure we are upholding the highest standards for comfort and cleanliness. I also apologize for the brief closing of our indoor swimming area. We did in fact communicate our need to upgrade the pool area to all the various Internet booking channels we work with. In addition, we posted detailed signage in the lobby area of the hotel to inform our guests and made arrangements with a neighboring hotel (across the street) for access to their pool and health facility. I am very sorry if you were unaware of our remodeling project and again apologize for the inconvenience it caused. Should your future travels bring you back to the Northern Kentucky area, we once again welcome the chance to be of service to you.
akron, oh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The hotel's location is very good. Rooms are spacious, as you would expect at an Embassy Suites. Meeting room was outstanding. Staff everywhere was great.

Mattress and ironing board pad are well past their useful life (the "skeleton" of the ironing board left a pattern in my clothes because the pad is completely gone). Internet is extremely slow.

I came for a meeting which is held here annually. I suppose I'll stay here next year too because it's convenient, but if I get bold, I'll stay next door and walk over for the meetings.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
embassyrc, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati - Rivercenter / Covington, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for sharing your comments and overall experience concerning your recent visit. I/we listen and learn from every guest comment as that is how we improve our operation. I am sorry to learn that the ironing board cover and mattress in your former suite were not up to par. We are very close to beginning a large guestroom upgrade project and I'll be sure to note your comments as ways that we can improve. I also wish to apologize for the comments you made regarding Internet speed and bandwidth. We have recently upgraded the bandwidth coming into the hotel to a fiber optic circuit that supplies 30m bandwidth to the hotel. Based on your specific comments, I will alert my Internet provider to make certain the entire circuit is 100% working properly. Thank you again for your comments. Should your future travels find you in the Northern KY area, we once again welcome the opportunity to be of service to you!
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Accomodations were great. The hotel is across the street from the convention center which made access to easy and quick. The rooms were clean and spacious. good value for a suite type of hotel.
The breakfast buffet was only average, but a short order cook was available for specific breakfast of our chosing. This option provide much better food.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind remarks! We pride ourselves in providing a safe, comfortable and clean enviromnent and it sounds as though your stay was enjoyable. We appreciate your comments and appreciate you staying with us and welcome you back in the future!

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati - Rivercenter / Covington? Share your experiences!