“Keep looking!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 12 hotels in Corbin
turner Mi
“Keep looking!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2008

after coming from Michigan we needed a good nights sleep. price was right! TILL you opened the door WHAM it hit you like a ton of bricks. The smell of stale cigs....SICK! butts on the floor, hair in tub, carpets stains and sticky door. Pulled down the bed and the blanket has something brown and stiff on it!! I walked to the office and told them our room was discousting! and we needed to be moved...we got a new room which smelled much better and was clanner, we wore slippers at all times, we decided to stay. The next night we stayed in Georgia. opened the suit case and our clothes smelled of stale cigs, they were permiatted....just keep looking don't bother here.....we WON"T BE BACK!!

• Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2007

We decided to get a room at the last minute and found this Hotel.
Our room was decent, but, another family(my sister) traveling with us wasn't so lucky.
When they arrived, the door would not open. the manager came and opened it right away though.
Once inside, the room was freezing. no heat was turned on, and someones clothes were in the bathroom.
There were pubic hairs in the sink, and stuff in the refrig.
My room had clean sheets and a clean bathroom... very nice actually.

• Liked — The helpful staff
  • Disliked — handicapp rooms were far away from front desk
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
morton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2007

I stayed here on the 10th and 25th of October 2007. This lodging facility is very nice, clean, and comfortable. The staff was courteous and receptive to our requests. Specifically, on the 25th, we were given a room on the first floor, next to the office. They have all the rooms on the first floor. I felt uncomfortable because of the next to the office. I need quit room where I can sleep well. I requested another room and was quickly provided a room on the next building. This is an excellent motel for travelers passing through. Restaurants for breakfast, lunch, or dinner abound within a very short walking distance. Their free continental breakfast is a bargain! They are pet friendly, an added plus for this facility.

• Liked — friendliness
  • Disliked — nothing i can think about
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2007

This is the filthiest hotel I've ever seen. The pictures online were obviously taken years ago. Contrary to the photos, the landscaping is all weeds and litter - and that's just for starters. I booked here because they allow pets but I found that the Baymont across the street allows pets, so we packed up and went right over there. I see in someone else's review that they got their money back. I am a woman and was traveling alone with my two daughter's and did not want to argue with the guy at the front desk so I didn't even ask for a refund. The sink would not drain, the carpet was not at all vacuumed. The final straw was when I went to use the toilet and found what appeared to be dried vomit on the seat. After traveling all day, I really had to use the toilet and ended up cleaning the seat myself with antibacterial wipes I had in my car. It was really, really bad. How I wish I had seen these reviews before my trip.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — filthy
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
hilton head
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2007

Gross. Sink would not drain. Black hairs on the toilet seat. Dead bugs every where. Then we topped it off by pulling the sheets down and finding stains and more hairs. We got our money back and went next door.

Stayed December 2006
East Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2006

This hotel was the best bargain I could find, and also the only one who had rooms available...........I now know why. Website said it had been remodeled, I would hate to see what it looked like before. I stayed 3 nights, never had my room cleaned, had to ask for new towels, sheets had a cigarette burn in them, bedspread had a hole in it. It just was not clean, and the pictures on the internet did it way more justice than it deserved. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — that it was not clean
  • Tips/Secrets — avoid!!!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2005

This was the worst motel i have ever seen. We stayed in the room for about 10 minutes and that was too long. When we opened the door the room had a strong odor not to mention that it was 40 degrees out and the heat was not on. the towels were not even white they had brown spots on them. The t.v was from the 80's and the carpet was nasty. The furniture looked like it was purchased from a garage sale from the 70's. We couldn't stand the smell so we got our money back and left. Take my advice spend the extra 20 bucks and stay at a nicer hotel.

• Stayed March 2005

Been to Corbin Knights Inn? Share your experiences!