Cumberland Falls State Lodge is stately but comfortable. One has a sense of being in a place of both serenity and historic signficance. One downfall is the service. Employees seemed mildly annoyed at having to put up with guests. In the dining room, I watched as two workers argued about which would have to serve me. Staying in a state resort is quite a contrast to staying in a hotel run by a professional tourism/hospitality company, such as Marriott. The staff I encountered seemed to think their job was an entitlement and that costumers were but a nuisance.
Still, because of the setting and the lodge itself, I would recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- Cumberland Falls State Resort - Dupont Hotel
- Cumberland Falls State Resort - Dupont Hotel Corbin
- Cumberland Falls State Hotel
- Dupont Lodge Cumberland Falls
- Dupont Lodge
- Cumberland Falls State Hotel Dupont
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Cumberland Falls State Resort - Dupont Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.