“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Corbin
Nashville, TN.
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2008

Stayed two nights for the NIBROC festival. Very good location just of I75. Has a Cracker Barrel next door and several other eating places close by. Rooms are big and ours was very clean. We gave it the white glove treatment when we got there and was pleased to find everything clean. Still used the Lysol on all the touching surfaces but we would do that at the White House. Good stay, very comfortable, very friendly staff and good value.

• Liked — Very clean
  • Disliked — you could hear a little noise from the interstate.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2007

I stayed here two nights in January 2007. The hotel itself is very nice.
A few things I enjoyed were: The fitness room was private and up-to-date with a new eliptical machine, treadmill, and stationary bike. There was a TV with all the hotel channels, and a water cooler with paper cups. I was also impressed with the pool and hot tub area. Also, fresh baked cookies and ice cold milk every night at 9pm.

Things that needed work were:
1) The breakfast area. The food bar was very cramped and you had to dance around with other guests to get your frozen waffles out of the toaster and milk for your cereal. They boast having a variety and selection, but it was nothing exciting at all. Cold sausage gravy, frozen waffles, and frozen french toast.
2) The bedding. I had a king size room, and my bed was only about a foot and a half off the ground. The mattress was comfortable, but very old. Also, the bedding itself was old. Nasty comforter and such.

If I return to the area, I will not be returning to this Baymont Inn.

Stayed January 2007
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2006

I arrived Halloween night, there were various decorations at the front entrance & lobby area, even some candies for the kiddies! The lady at the front desk was friendly and quickly checked me in. As with my last visit to this Inn, the room was super clean & spacious. Directly next door to the Inn is a Cracker Barrel restaurant, so that is a big bonus! The Inn is located close by the Interstate, so if you have a room at the rear of the Inn, the noise may bother you (turning on the heat / AC or fan will take care of that though)... Oh, I never made use of it, but there is a little exercise room with about 6 pieces of equipment (tread mill, stationary bike, etc.), and there is an indoor pool (which appeared to be well kept).

• Liked — Super clean rooms!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for a room in the front of the Inn (if road noise bothers you).
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rockmart, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2006

I booked two rooms online for one night over the Labor Day weekend, Sunday to Monday.
Me, my husband, and our two teenaged sons stayed in one room. My friend, her husband, and their small children stayed next door.

Check-in was smooth. The rooms were very nice, clean. We had a double-queen room. It was decently-sized, but we didn't go there to stay in the room the whole time anyway. It was very comfortable for us.
In room coffee, plus a stocked coffee cart all day at the front desk.

Our room was on the front side, away from I-75, so no traffic noise. I didn't hear alot of other noise from the next or above rooms either.

The indoor pool and spa area was nice, clean. The water was a bit chilly to me, but I'm cold-natured anyway. After I sat in the hot tub for awhile and got warm, the pool water felt nicer, as long as I jumped all in, and didn't try to tip-toe back in.

They also have a fitness room with a treadmill, ski- thing, and bike-like machines (don't know the official names of the equipment). We didn't use them, but the room looked clean and well cared for.

The front desk was always manned (or wo-manned) and everyone was nice and very helpful.

The mattresses on the bed were great! Best I ever slept on in a hotel (maybe even better than mine at home).
The pillows were nothing to brag about. Lumpy and cheap. We usually bring our own pillows, but this was a one-night trip, so I didn't this time. It didn't matter to me, I gave my pillow to the kids and slept right on the mattress. But if you need a good pillow, you probably need to bring the one(s) you're used to anyway.

Breakfast was also one of the better hotel breakfasts we've experienced, with so much variety, I had a hard time choosing what I wanted to eat. There was biscuits and gravy; waffles, french toast, toast, donuts, muffins, pastries, boiled eggs, fruit cups, instant oatmeal in several flavors, cereal, milk, juice, coffee, hot chocolate.

Check out was even easier, with express checkout, I just handed the room keys to the lady at the front desk. My receipt had already been brought to the room and put under the door.

I would definately stay at this Baymont Inn again.

While we were in town, we went bowling at the Forest Bowling Lanes on Exit #25, I think it's Cumberland Gap Hwy. Nice place, friendly, good to deal with.
We ate at Pizza Hut on exit #29 (same exit as our hotel ws on, I forget the road name). Smallest Pizza Hut I've ever been in, but the service and food was good.
We visited the Sanders Cafe and Museum - Kentucky Fried Chicken. Interesting things, and the service and food was good there, too. We got a some buckets of chicken to go, and went to Cumberland Falls State Park. There's a free museum in the visitor's center, where you get a map of the park that shows walking trails and such. The falls were probably a bit low due to the droughts this year, but still interesting to see. Lots of nature. They have a gift shop and a snack bar, where everyone got yummy soft-serve ice cream cones.
We ate our chicken at a picnic area across the street from the Falls parking. Interesting rock formations to explore and climb on up there.
I wish people would stop vandalizing rocks and throwing their garbage into whatever holes they see.

We also rode over to the Natural Arch park, but it was closed, apparently under construction, so that was a bummer, and especially since we found it listed on the map-brochure we got at Cumberland Falls. They should mark it out off that brochure so people will know not to go there.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Clayton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2006

I needed a place to spend the night on the way home and I stopped here. The rooms were big and the bed was good. It was a nice place, but the night I was there was busy and it was hard to get the breakfast in the morning but that was because it was full. The staff was friendly though.

Stayed August 2006
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2006

The only two things stopping this review from being "excellent" is that the front desk lady was completely unfriendly and the hotel ran out of pillows. How does a hotel run out of pillows?!?! There is a Walmart down the street....go buy some!! Other than that, the rooms were comfortable with micros and fridges. The matresses and box springs seem new. The vanity is outside the toilet area which I like. The A/C worked fine. You can't hear the freeway traffic. Breakfast was okay with the hot item being biscuits and gravy. Cracker Barrel is next door and will happily give you dinner take out. The highlight was the indoor pool which is greenhoused in so they open the ceiling windows for ventilation. One of the nicest roadside hotel pools that I've ever seen. Because of the pool and decent rooms we'd probably stay there again.

• Liked — The pool
  • Disliked — The service
  • Tips/Secrets — Use the Discount Hotel Coupon book at the Tennessee Visitor Center
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
taylor mill, Kentucky, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2004

We spent the night...only one..the mattresses were horrible...I had such a neck and bachache the next morning. The breakfast was okay...to many people for such a small place...I had to pay $68 one night and I wish I would have went elsewhere...the stay was very nice but the beds were AWFUL!

Been to Baymont Inn? Share your experiences!