“Great value, clean, comfy bed, nice breakfast, great coffee” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Corbin
Dunedin, Florida
“Great value, clean, comfy bed, nice breakfast, great coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

This motel was nice and quiet, comfortable clean bed and all linens, bathroom sparkling. It may be older, but the staff works hard to accommodate. Lots of selections for the breakfast. Excellent coffee.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Canton, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

We were rather surprised with our previous stays at Farfield Inns at the overall condition of this hotel.

The good is it's right off the freeway and easy to find. The beds and linens were clean. Fridge and microwave in the room.

The not so good, was a room that had a hint of mildew smell, mold in the shower water knob, a tube tv that looked like it was ready to go out, carpet that looked as though it needed replacing. Hot tub out of service. Just not the clean look of a hotel that charges as much for a room.

We just stopped in for a quick overnight stay while driving by on 75. If in this area again I'll look elsewhere.

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Older Fairfield.

For some reason, my GPS had a hard time navigating around this area (brand new 2012 vehicle with updated information). While at front lobby area, overheard other group talking about how their GPS had problems here as well. (Must be something magnetic in them hills :) )

What stood out was the check-in process. Quite possibly the dullest front desk clerk I've ever encountered. Now, I don't expect phony friendliness, but an ability to have a basic conversation/small talk with your guests is not an unreasonable thing to ask. When checking in, I approached the desk, greeted the check-in girl, then proceeded to stand there in silence, not having even been acknowledged. After a minute or so of silence, she proceeded to let me know she'd be with me a minute (didnt bother looking up or making eye contact)

Check in occured with a minimum of conversation, I handed her my credit card, she handed me my room keys.

Room smelled of mildew.

I made a quick trip back to the front desk, explained in as few words as possible my room smelled, only to be informed they were "full". So, I suggested she swap my room with someone who had not arrived yet. Ended up with a new room. (I feel sorry for the late arrivals who ended up in the mildew room.)

Get to my new room, and turn on heat. (Its in the low 40's outside, so its cool in the room) Heat unit smelled like a burning toaster, not sure why, but after a couple of minutes smell stops. In the meantime, I have to open up door to hallway, and turn on bathroom fan. Sorry to all the rest of the guests for the burnt-toast smell. Not my fault!

Otherwise, nice bed, good pillows, good shower, good sleep.

Bluffton, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Very clean rooms & friendly staff. Breakfast was nice, but not overwhelming. Would stay here again when we pass through the south.

Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012 via mobile

Pro's:
- helpful and courteous staff (even the cleaning staff greeted us)
- very easy to find
- cheaper than other Fairfield Inns that were in nearby larger cities
- microwave and refrigerators in rooms!
- free Internet
- free breakfast (though I did miss a waffle maker!)
- Clean bathrooms!

Con's:
- building was showing its age (peeling wall paper, stained ceilings, etc), but didn't feel dirty in any way
- did I mention I missed the waffle maker?

Chose this hotel as a halfway point on our way to Hilton Head. Used Marriott rewards points for this stay, but would have chose this location even if we would have been paying. Would have no problem staying here again!

• Stayed March 2012
Howell, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

My son and I stayed here for a few hours while driving home in the middle of the night. I paid $76 for a 2 double bed room with popcorn walls, dingy carpet, curtains that didn't close completely and what looked like a $10/hr motel outside our window. My son didn't bother undressing. The tv was the old tube style and morning "breakfast" was microwave sandwiches. Really, sandwiches already wrapped up next to the microwave to use to heat your sandwich. I felt like we were in the Bates Motel. Happy we survived the night but will never return.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

While taking my family to Corbin to visit my wife's relatives we decided to spend the night in a Marriott. Reserved it online and it looked pretty good from the available photos.

Upon arrival I waited at the ft. desk for about 5 minutes, while saying at an ever increasing volume, "Hello, is anyone here?" Finally a lady, very nice and apologetic, asked my name and promptly put me in a room type I requested. She then added, I'm sorry our whirlpool is broken, and did not offer any type of compensation, since I did mention that this was one of the reasons for my choice in hotels.

My wife and 2 daughters went to the room, while passing a removed tile floor, that had been demolished, yet not repaired, carpeting that looked lesser in quality of a Roadway Inn that was 40 years old, and smelled old, and sorta musty.

The TV was a CRT 32" with a poor picture, the bathroom door was uneven (light at the top) as if it were hung wrong or cut wrong, the shower was pieced in with no trim to cover the difference in the old and the re-modeled surround. The beds were more like plywood with cloth. No newspaper (Marriott rewards member), 3 towels for 4 people, no soap, shampoo, conditioner.

They quickly fixed the missing items and again were very apologetic regarding all of the issues, and offered to change rooms for us. We did look at another room, but there was little difference and my daughter was sick so we just stayed.

I will not ever stay at this hotel again, however if you are looking for a hotel to "Hook-Up" in this is a winner, if the hook-up is worth the $95.00 a night (after tax).

Recommendations:

Remodel, and actually finish what you start, as well as look at the reservation for qty. of people and any special requests.

Great people, poorly maintained facility. OH almost forgot the pool has a MAX of 5 people in it at a time and the Whirlpool has a max of 4..

How funny is that??? Happy travels

Matthew

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel !