“Best time ever, amazing experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Attractions in Corbin
Type: Tours, Adventure
Lexington, Kentucky
3 attraction reviews
“Best time ever, amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I had never been whitewater rafting before, but am an experienced at canoeing and have been on many trips, and had been wanting to go whitewater rafting for a long time. I went with my sister and her family and had an incredible experience. Our guide was knowledgeable, friendly, safe and wonderful with my sister's two small, very active children. On one of the rapids, I was flung from the boat and became stuck underneath the bottom of the boat in a class II rapid for a minute or so. This was a very scary experience for me. However, the guide not only in boat, but guides in other boats helped calm me down, saw to my personal safety and health and made me feel alright again. In spite of this scare, I still had a blast and would completely do this again. I can recommend this to anyone with some paddling experience in canoe or kayak, if you've never been in a boat of any kind before, I'd say proceed with caution. But don't let that dissuade you, the guides are very experienced and will help you learn quickly. This is a great experience to see Cumberland Falls and the Cumberland in a new way. I'm a thrill seeker and this definitely gave me the thrills I was looking for, while also helping me learn something new. I can't wait to go whitewater rafting again, and will 100% come back to Sheltowee Trace Outfitters and recommend them to everyone I know. They run like a well-oiled machine, and provide customers with a thrilling, fun experience where safety is first and the customer is also first. One of the best times I have ever had. I got to bond with my niece and nephew and my sister and her husband, and we made memories that will last a lifetime. Bathrooms available only on boat that picks you up and at Cumberland falls, otherwise, your at the mercy of nature.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

No problems at all on canoe trip from Station Camp to blue heron. Driver was polite and knowledgeable. Bus ride took an hour and 20 minutes but there was some construction along the way...

Lou, KY
8 attraction reviews
“Good time but wished it were longer and more thrilling.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Fun for novice rafters. A little short on thrills with some long stretches of calm water. Very well organized by the outfitter. Lunch was provided and good.

Sweetwater, Tennessee
“Rivers and Rails ...trains and water and mountains. Got to be good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

.This trip was the first day of a 3 day weekend camping trip for myself and my 2 sons (9 and 12)and son in law. We stayed at Brandy Creek Camp ground which was clean, comfortable and as private as a camp ground gets. Sheltowee Trace Outfitters trip was great! They picked us up at the meeting place on time and had everything together. When put on the water, we were given direction and let go. We canoed down the river at our own pace. This was not a guided pace. we did not feel rushed or on any time restraint for either the train ride or river trip.

One thing to note. This is a small town area and it has a small town atmosphere. Call it charm or unprofessionalism.... its your attitude that decides that. I felt comfortable and we had a great time!!!

Williamsville, Illinois, United States
“riding the rapids at cumberland falls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We made the decision to white water raft as a stopover on our way home to Illinois from South Carolina. Cumberland Falls happened to fall at about our halfway point. The falls, scenery, rapids and all the extras (Corey and Derek know what I'm talking about) made the trip even more special. I would do it all over again and again!!!