“What a Pleasant Surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Cold Spring
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Cincinnati, Ohio
“What a Pleasant Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

My mother & I were going to a concert at NKU, so I thought we'd grab a bite somewhere close by. My brother recommended this place, & wow, was he right! Started with the lobster bisque, which is the closest I've ever come to finding something similar to the she-crab soup I had in Virginia Beach. When I say that there are CHUNKS of lobster in EVERY SINGLE bite...amazing (only available on the weekends though). Salad was good, but pedestrian. The blackened scallops were fantastic, but served in a bed of this sauce that was a little overpowering. Nonetheless, I am a scallop snob & these were pretty good. We didn't have dessert, which, apparently was a mistake after reading these reviews. Oh well, it's a reason to repeat visit!

Loveland, Ohio
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The sea bass is to die for! Food, service and staff is great! Thanks for a wonderful meal! We were there ok Thursday and there was a good singer who we sang along with! "Sweet Caroline....."

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dayton, Ohio
“What a VIEW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

There's nothing negative I can say about Knotty. The wife had plans to go a week before our actual visit when we went to a Red's game but decided we didn't have time. Glad we saved it for when we weren't rushed.

The staff are all very nice and bring an air of being on vacation in the deep south with the laid back no rush approach to your dining experience. We came for Oysters on the half, which at the time were Blue Point's from Chesapeake Bay. DELICIOUS!

Some musts while eating at Knotty. Gumbo is straight from the south but without the drive and The Opera Cake is AMAZING. We ate there in the evening so we didn't have a chance for a deck view of the valley but from what we could tell, it's spectacular.

Knotty might be out of the way but it's definitely worth a stop, or two, or more. Knotty also feels like it's miles away from anything where it's located which works in it's advantage making you feel like your on vacation at some destination in the deep south with nothing around except wilderness.

ENJOY!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Princeton, NJ
“Gotta go!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Very unique food that I couldn't really find in Cincinnati. I tried the fried frog's legs: good - even the kids tried them. My wife and one daughter had the filet: extremely good, I had the Etouffee: not too bad, but I liked the Cajun gumbo much better. Other daughter had the chicken - that was excellent. We all loved the rice and gravy. To top it all off, we had the Opera Crème cake - mighty tasty indeed! My wife had a few of the specialty drinks and loved them!

Finally, we ate outside and the scenery is very nice - Kentucky countryside!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great Cincinnati Secret!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

After a recent trip to New Orleans, I was hoping to find a decent Cajun joint around Cincinnati.

Allyns cafe is good, and pappadeaux is good for a chain, but the Louisiana transplants recommend Knotty Pine on the Bayou in Cold Spring, Ky. .. So my girlfriend and I were eager to try it.

The food was great, especially the gumbo... After showing up w no reservations on a Saturday night, we were told that the wait might be 45 minutes to an hour... However, the hostess quickly found us a table for two as we looked to get drinks at the bar... What a nice surprise!!

Looking forward to heading back to this spot on a Tuesday night to try the fresh boiled crawfish!

• Visited July 2013