“A good tour” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Attractions in Clermont
Type: Factory Tours, Distilleries, Food & Drink
Activities: Drinking
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit the newly renovated Jim Beam American Stillhouse, and experience the two centuries of history, heritage and craftsmanship of America’s #1 bourbon. Nestled in the rolling foothills of Kentucky, the distillery offers something for everyone – picturesque views, history and, of course, world-famous Jim Beam® Bourbon. You will see the bourbon-making process firsthand and witness what goes into creating an authentic liquid legend. You will have an up-close and personal look into the long lineage of the First Family of Bourbon, their business, and its impact on Kentucky and the bourbon industry. You will come as a friend and leave as family.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“A good tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My family and I decided to stop here on a long road trip and it was well worth it. It was our first experience with the legendary Bourbon trail. Jim Beam is an American classic and the tour was fun and educational. Highlights include an educational tour telling us about each step in the distilling process, opportunity to bottle our own bourbon, tasting room and beautiful scenery around the place. the tour is 90 min and was worth it. I've been to other brewery and winery tours and this one was right up there.

8 attraction reviews
“So much fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

On the Kentucky bourbon trail. Went to Jim Beam today. For $10 each we got a 90 minute tour of the whole distillery process. Our guide was Matt who was very cute and funny. He really explained the process of making bourbon and allowed us to participate at various stages. My husband got to partially fill a barrel with the distiller spirits. We both prepared bottles to be filled with Knob Creek single barrel bourbon. Of course we got to purchase our bottle if we wanted. And we did. It was a really fun day. Would not recommend it for children but we had a blast.

Toronto, Canada
153 attraction reviews
“What a tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I went on the Jim Beam as a whim as it is located just off the interstate between Louisville and Nashville. It is a superb tour! Our tour guide Erica was fun, had a ton of information and kept the tour going at a decent pace. You can expect the tour itself to take about an hour and fifteen minutes followed by a tasting which is at your leisure. The facilities are all modern, the gift sho, washrooms and the smokehouse are all new. The tour is participant encouraged as you get to wah out a bottle of bourbon with, well, bourbon! You can buy this bottle you help to produce, it's cool! I got to pour some grains into the still, so in four years time I have to make another visit just to pick up a bottle of bourbon that I helped to make!! The history and the process of making a bottle of bourbon is so involved and is covered so well within the tour. You see the pride in the process and the willingness of the factory to allow for pictures really makes the tour all that much more endearing. For $11, the tour is well worth it even if you are not a drinker. Without a doubt, it is super worth it if you enjoy a bit of bourbon here and there. If you are in the Clermont area, do yourself a favour and enjoy the Jim Beam American Stillhouse tour, you will be hard pressed not have a great time!!

Leander, Texas
47 attraction reviews
“Fun visit to the distillery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Easy access from I-65 well worth the stop. Being America's largest distillery it was a little more of a factory but the tour and tour guide was great. Got to see the whole process and they provided interesting facts about the bourbon making process. At the end of tour you get to have two samples of any of their products. I am not a big fan of Jim Beam but I do like their small batch Bakers and Bookers. Also got to try their Devil's cut (my wife doesn't' really drink so I got a couple extra tastes - yum). You get to keep the sampling glasses so the cost of the tour with the samples and glasses was very inexpensive I think $7 or $8 each. We also bought a bottle of Knob Hill which we got to "bottle" ourselves. You rinse out a new bottle put a sticker on it and watch your bottle get filled, capped and finally sealed with wax. At the end of the tour you can buy "your" bottle ($49) and sign the label. Now I find out we are saving "our" bottle as a souvenir - LOL!!!

Sayville, New York, Usa
3 attraction reviews
“Best Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

During a 2,300 mile roadtrip my husband and I stopped at plenty of sites. The Jim Beam American Stillhouse was by far the best tour we went on. The guides were fun and made the tour exciting. You get to experience every step of the bourbon making process and the history that comes along with a place like this makes for a great trip whether you're a drinker or not. Can't wait to go back when the new restuarant is up and running!

Visited April 2013