“The front desk staff was friendly and helpful at check in...” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Central City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

ery friendly staff that tried very hard to be helpful and curtious! Lots of construction guys kept eating all the hot food the days I was there which ment your hotel kept running out. I informed the desk person but she said they had run out of some hot food items.
The bath tub faucet kept leaking in my room (Room 133). The worst problem is that I have two bug bites on my body that are very swollen and red with a purple center on top of the welt.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

BethGidcumb, General Manager at Super 8 Central City, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Super 8 Traveler,

Let me start by thanking you for your review of our property. Travel sites such as TripAdvisor are very candid outlets for guests like you to be able to share their experiences with other travelers. We appreciate all feedback.

I must apologize for underestimating the appetites of our guests on any given morning. It seems as though the guests were a little more hungry than we bargained for throughout your stay. Generally in the winter, we have fewer rooms rented and smaller appetites. We will keep in mind that we should prepare all mornings as if there is a full house. As far as your tub is concerned, my maintenance man was alerted when we received your feedback and there is no longer a problem with the faucet in Room 133. Thank you for notifying us.

I am concerned about the bug bites you incurred while staying here at the Super 8. We have thoroughly checked the room you were in and found no bugs whatsoever. I am now concerned that maybe you experienced a reaction from our detergent combination or something of that nature. I would love if you would contact me personally here at the property.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you the next time you are in Central City!
Central City, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Once again the Super 8 of Central City provided my guest with a great stay. The rooms are great and comfortable, the staff took very good care of my guest, and one of my guest even said the highlight of coming to town was the hotel. I'll continue to use the Super 8 because they are always willing to go that extra mile for my guest.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Central City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Central City

Address: 635 S 2nd St, Central City, KY 42330
Location: United States > Kentucky > Central City
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Central City
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Central City 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Super 8 Central City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Central City Super 8
Central City Super Eight

If you own or manage Super 8 Central City, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.