“Overnight at Sleep Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Louisville, United States
“Overnight at Sleep Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My family took me on a quick overnight trip for Mother's Day. We had stopped at a rest area and picked up a travel guide which had a coupon for the Sleep Inn in Cave City. We thought we'd give it a try. We are glad we did. The room was clean and suited our needs just fine. We were on the top floor and our boys (2 and 4) were delighted that we could see the dinosaur at Dinosaur World from our window. The breakfast was fine and we found it enough for us to get our day started. The rate we received with our coupon was wonderful. We will stay again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
gmky088, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey, your feedback is very important to us. I'm very happy to see you enjoyed your stay in our nice clean room and that your needs were suited nicely. Thank you for staying with us, hope to see you again soon.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Troy, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed the night before Mammoth Cave tours. The hotel is brand new and comfortable. Breakfast was the usual. The location is only 15 minutes from Mammoth Caves. The area has plenty of food choices and appears to be building more. There were a lot of kids due to the Caves. We would stay here again if visiting the Caves. We enjoyed the Historical Tour with our boys.

gmky088, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey, your feedback is very important to us. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our nice new hotel. Thank you for staying with us and have a wonderful summer!

Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed here three nights during a trip to Mammoth Cave. The room was pretty typical for a hotel room, two queen beds, a desk, a dresser, a TV. No issues with cleanliness here, the room was clean and neat. Comfortable beds, a variety of pillows, large bathroom.

Breakfast was the typical hotel hot breakfast. Make your own waffles, eggs, sausage, toast, pastries, cereal. Coffee, milk, and juice to drink. The dining area was a bit small, and we had to wait a few minutes for a table to clear both times we had breakfast here.

The pool is the smallest hotel pool I've seen. We went to the pool during dinner time and it wasn't too crowded, but after everyone else started heading down after dinner, there isn't really much room to play, let alone swim. That, and the wi-fi connection, which was very poor and kept going out of range, would be the only two negative items I have for this hotel.

Overall, as long as you aren't looking to practice your swimming, I would recommend this hotel.

gmky088, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey, your feedback is very important to us. I'm very happy that you found our hotel to be very clean and comfortable. Thank you for staying with us and have a wonderful summer!

Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This hotel is located near Mammoth Cave National Park, and also a short drive from Bowling Green, KY, and the National Corvette Museum. I was really impressed with our room. It was modern and nicely decorated, beds were really comfortable, and there was an assortment of pillows on each bed. The room was very spacious and had high celings, which added to the roomy feel. Nice flat panel, up-to-date television, with many cable channels. A great feature was the long counter in the room, as opposed to a dresser. It included desk space and comfortable rolling chair at the far end, with refrigerator and microwave neatly tucked into their own compartments underneath. I think there were 3 drawers for storage. The TV was mounted on the wall above the counter. Nice sized closet also. As I was looking things over and still in awe that we got such a great room at a very reasonable price, the front desk staff called just to find out if everything was satisfactory with our room and if we needed anything. That was a nice touch! The bathroom was also very spacious with a high ceiling also, lots of counter space, great shower, etc. The room was very clean, as was the lobby, and other common spaces. Breakfast was good also. We were on the 3rd floor and although Wi-Fi was available, it tended to disconnect every few minutes. No big issue, as I was able to use my own internet service. This hotel is conveniently off of I-65. Cave City is not a very big town, but there was a Cracker Barrell, McDonalds, and an excellent Mexican restaurant, El Mazatlan, on the same exit as the hotel. I had several questions about Mammoth Cave, directions to grocery store, etc., and the front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful every time. I would most definitely recommend this hotel!

gmky088, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey, your feedback is very important to us. I'm very happy that you were impressed with our modern and nicely decorated rooms. Thank you for staying with us, hope to see you again soon!

Acworth, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I spent three nights there in June 2014, while exploring Mammoth Cave and other attractions in the area. The room was comfortable and the staff was friendly. Sleep Inn offers free breakfast, which was barely edible, but it is typical of budget hotels. My only real peeve was that I left an item in my room, and when I called, no effort was made to find it. You'd think that the cleaning crew would find it, since it was on an end table next to the bed. Other than this problem, my stay was fine in this no frills hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
gmky088, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online review, your feedback is very important to us. I'm very sorry about your item you lost not being looked for right away. If you want to give me a call and let me know what it is your looking for I will double check for you. 270-773-2030 Thank you for staying with us and have a wonderful summer.

Livonia, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed here on 7/12/14, stopping on our way home from Florida. The front desk clerk was super friendly and sweet. We were lucky enough to get the very last available room. The price was a little steep...$140 after tax, for a room with 2 queen beds. It was very clean, modern and spacious for a family of 3. I liked the bathroom with a walk-in shower, but water seemed to get all over the floor! We did not see the pool to be able to comment on it as we checked in during the late evening. My son was excited that there were fruit loops for breakfast, so that was good! Overall, we enjoyed our stay and had no complaints. I recommend this place if you have the extra money.

Stayed July 2014
gmky088, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey, your feedback is very important to us. I'm very happy to hear our front desk staff was very friendly and sweet. Thank you for staying with us and have a wonderful day!

atl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

stayed one night while visiting Mammoth Cave. Two bed room was very spacious. Bathroom was huge. Beds were very comfortable. Wifi was poor and other reviewers were not kidding when they said the pool is tiny! But, I don't stay at hotels for Wifi and we weren't going to use the pool anyway. Breakfast was pretty good but crowded. The only hotel in Cave City I would recommend.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
gmky088, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online review, your feedback is very important to us. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your double queen room with the large bathroom. Thank you for staying with us and have a wonderful summer.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!