“OMG!!! NASTY, DISGUSTING PLACE!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Quality Inn
and 1 more site!
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1006A Doyle Avenue, Highway 90 / Doyle Avenue, Cave City, KY 42127 (Formerly Knights Inn Cave City KY)   |
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Cave City
Portsmouth, Ohio
“OMG!!! NASTY, DISGUSTING PLACE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

If i could give this hotel less than one star i would... actually it would probably be negative 5! Yes, it was THATbad! First off, entering the room we noticed the floors were disgusting, i really don't think it had been swept for a VERY long time! (dead bugs on the floor and all!) Then we made our way to the bathroom, the bathtub was FILTHY! definitely had NOT been cleaned for a while! then we looked in the toilet... you are NOT gonna believe it, but there was a roach (as in a marajuana roach floating in there!!) Yes, drugs floating in our toilet! not only that, but there was also mold growing in the toilet, because it had not been cleaned either! the trash can STILL had trash in it as well!!! I was beginning to think they don't have maids at this motel!! this is the kind of place you don't want to take off your shoes or socks!! YUCK! I forgot to mention this too, when we first walked in the room, we noticed our peep hole on our door had been completely removed and there was just an open hole there!!! anyone could have looked in at us!! (so we stuffed some paper in the hole.) we decided to get out of the nasty room and go to the outdoor pool they CLAIMED was heated... it was FREEZING cold!! (of course!) we went back up to our room and i reluctantly decided to take a shower (even though it was dirty), i got everything ready and went to turn on the water and saw there wasn't even a hot water knob at all! just a pipe sticking out of the wall!!! no way to turn it on!! PLEASE do yourself a favor & DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!! You will seriously regret it!

• Liked — I did not like ANYTHING about this gross motel!
  • Disliked — It was filthy disgusting !!!!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

We checked into the Knights Inn in cave city on a Monday because we decided to stay another day. We did not want to spend a lot of money and they had on the sign 49.95 so we thought we would give it a try. To begin with, do not believe the sign they charged us 81.00 because we had no coupon. So after booking the room we went and checked it out. This is where it really gets bad. Im almost 40 years old and ive stayed in alot of motels. Ive never seen anything quite like this it looked like something you would find in Beirut. The walls were falling apart , the bedspreads were torn, the bathroom was destroyed, and it absolutely stunk. So we went to get a refund and to leave . Upon asking the person at the front desk for a refund one of the maids came up and said she had not checked the rooms yet. I told them you cant clean decay it has to be repaired. So they refunded our credit card, so we thought, we checked into another motel only to find that instead of refunding they had charged us twice. Do not stay here!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Destroyed stinky rooms, incompetant staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Sebewaing, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2008

When you enter Cave City, KY you will have many different options of where to stay. DO NOT CHOOSE KNIGHTS INN!

I was reading a motel guide for Kentucky and found this Knights Inn in Cave City, it claimed to have a half of a million dollars in renovations, so I went to check it out. Now as soon as you enter the lobby you will be surprised at how nice it looks but do not be fooled. We quickly booked a room right then and their thinking that it would be at least clean and tidy.

The price was not bad at about $55 a night but the sign outside of the motel said $39.95 per night and when we went in and asked they said you need to have a coupon to get that price...When I asked where do you get the coupon they looked at me and said they don't know... and yet they put it on their sign outside 50ft in the air.

We got to our room and opened the door looked around a bit and found that the soap holder in the bathroom was broken off the wall and you could see the insulation and this was located INSIDE OF THE SHOWER!
This is only the start of the roughest motel experience I have ever had. Later I thought that I would check out the pool, I was swimming around for a little while when I swam over to the 5ft area and put my feet on the bottom and cut my left foots middle toe open. Now after this happened I saw that their was a first aid area, so I went to the first aid area...It was UNATTENDED!...I ended up going back to my room and cleaning it up myself with some first aid stuff I had in the van.
Later on that night the family and I was getting hungry so we decided to drive on down to a Pizza Hut down the street. When we all left our room and decided to close the door from the outside IT WOULDN'T CLOSE!!! The door was broken, so to make the long story short one of us had to stay at the room and wait for someone to come check it out and wait and wait...We called the front desk two times for someone to come look at it and we never even heard from anyone the rest of our time their.

Imagine not being able to shut your motel room door from the outside for an entire stay at a motel.

Now, the next morning they claimed to have a free HOT breakfast from 6-9am and we got down their at about 7am and it was something else... cold cereal and milk. The women at the front desk said that the women who was suppose to show up for it didn't. There was one guy down their who said "I can see if your 45 minutes late, but when your 20 minutes early?" I agreed with him and quietly left.

This was without a doubt the worst motel experience of my life.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2008

We went to the mammouth caves with our kids and after full day of tiredness we rented a room at the Knights Inn in Cave City, Ky. First I thought it was a bit expensive for a Knights Inn but the lobby was clean and I went along with it. When we entered the room it was very clean, the beds were comfortable and we had a great night sleep. The next morning the Breakfast was very good. They had cereals, juices, egges, pancakes and everything an american breakfast should have. They have a great restaurant on premises it is a steakhouse with a full service Bar which nobody else in the area offers. If i am in Cave City, KY I know where I have to stay. It is really worth it!!!!

Stayed May 2008
michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2008

when we arrived from our long ride from florida we pulled in knights inn which have changed thier name to american best value. i can see why, the digital sign states 34.00 dollars a night year round and found a charge of 90.67 on my credit card and she said there was not anything she could do but relay the message. the room was very dirty, dirty with used wash rags that were dried up hard in the second drawer under the t.v., the soap was used and dirty shower, burn holes in the sheets and blankets, floors had hair and cob webs everywhere looked as if the property dosn't care that the customer satisfaction is number 1 . we were very tired and should of not stayed. we will never stay there and want to spread the word for our fellow americans. i would feel sorry for anyone that stays there and pay more than advertised with the filth to along with it.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — rude and dirty and ripoff for false price per night
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
mi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2007

After driving all day and most of the night from New Orleans, we were exhausted. We saw the Knight's Inn sign in Cave City, Ky. Oh my God!!! Horrible!!!! Tokk us awhile to get the key to work...walked in...cob webs hanging from ceiling, and lamp shades. There was dirty toilet paper stuck to the bath room wall. The bathroom floor had not been swept, and the carpet hadn't seen a sweeper in a LONG time!!! The base boards around and behind the bed was very dirty and covered in hair!! The TV came on, but couldn't get any channels..it kept saying " unlocked" I called the front desk and asked if there was a trick to getting the Tv to work....the front desk woman said masybe the cable was out......well...other people had a picture at least .....but it was more or less.." oh well....go to sleep and you won't need the tv. I will Never stay in a Knights Inn again and I will pass this terrible experience along to any one I can!!! SHAME SHAME SHAME!!!

• Liked — the free breakfast
  • Disliked — the filthy condition
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2007

Filth from the door to the bathroom and everywhere inbetween. Cigarett burns in the bed and furniture. Bugs and brown wataer in the bathroom. Front desk help does not care. They take your money and run. Do not let your worst enemy stay at this hotel

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!