“Made me feel at home” 5 of 5 stars

Quality Inn
Save Saved
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1006A Doyle Avenue, Highway 90 / Doyle Avenue, Cave City, KY 42127 (Formerly Knights Inn Cave City KY)   |
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Cave City
Park City, Kentucky
“Made me feel at home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I was in urgent need of a hotel and Mary from the Quality Inn solved that problem. She, along with the rest of the staff, are extremely wonderful group of people! This is a very quiet clean hotel and I would recommend anyone to stay here!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed there on 09/24/2013 and was very disappointed. The room had several dead black beetles on the floor. I killed two more on the bathroom floor. I also killed two spiders in the room, one on the wall by the TV and the other on the bathroom vent. Their WiFi wasn't working and the clerk didn't know why or how to fix it!! In the morning when we went to take showers we noticed black mold on the shower tile grout near the tub in the lower left corner. When I checked out the next morning 09/25/2013 I complained to the clerk and all she had to say was that she was sorry and that the bugs are a problem this time of year. I was sorry too, that I stayed at this Quality Inn that was very low quality.

Room Tip: Look for a different hotel ..... they know they have a black beetle problem but they are sorry.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Debbie P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to writing a review. I appreciate your comments and will use them for improvements at our hotel. I am very sorry for the problems you encountered while you were here. We work hard to satisfy all of our guests. Again, I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations.
Shelby, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is a all motel. Our room was very clean. The pool was nice and several people used it each day. The breakfast buffet was your normal small deal with scrambled eggs, sausage, and all the usual rolls and sweets. Located on the road leading tho Mammoth Cave and just off the interstate. All in all a good value.

• Stayed July 2013
Debbie P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Randyclements
thank you for your great comments! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you back at our hotel in Cave City soon!
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Was pleasantly surprised by this hotel! It is newly remodeled and everything was extremely clean and fresh. Bed was very comfortable with new linens. Bathroom was spacious and sparkling. Breakfast bar was typical of all Choice Hotel breakfasts with plenty of cereal, danish, fruit and scrambled eggs with sausage. Very close to Mammoth Cave and restaurants. Would definitely stay here again if traveling back to the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Debbie P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post the nice comments about our hotel. We appreciate all of our guests and work hard to make their stay as nice as possible. We hope to see you again soon!!!
Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is a refurbished property - it's only been a Quality Inn for a short while. Unfortunately, it's not really anything to write home about. The rooms have an "old motel" smell, and while you can see the refurbish, well, you can see the refurbish. My guess is that this place was pretty rough before Quality picked it up. No fridges in the rooms, and while the bedding was nice, this is just your basic stay-one-night and move on kind of place. I can't give half stars, so give it 2.5. Front desk is very friendly. I'd probably look elsewhere next time unless they complete or continue some remodel work to bring the quality level a bit higher.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Asheville, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is an older refurbished facility that certainly meets the standards for a Quality Inn. Our room was clean, bedding and towels satisfactory, and beds themselves quite comfortable. Lighting in the vanity area, a personal pet peeve, was very adequate. Condition of the room was good with the exception of the tile in the bath area which could use some additional work. Although I did not use it, the pool area was clean and well maintained. Breakfast was typical with food items served at the correct temperatures. Landscaping is still a bit rough but not an issue for me. Front desk staff friendly and helpful. I would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your nice comments. We continue to make improvements to our hotel and your feedback helps us with that process. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed there by myself in Feb 2013 and altho' it looks very new outside however, there was a piece of floor trim missing where the tile met the carpet and made a tripping hazard and the ceiling in the bathroom had been wet and poorly repaired so there was black mold there. I gave them a break and come back.

This time I was with 2 adult daughters and when they open their bed they found a blood stain on the sheet. I thought it was a fresh yellowed pecker print but they thought it was blood stain that had been washed. It looked bad and I went to the front to complain. My opinion - this place just really doesn't want to meet customers expectations.

More: The pool didn't open til' 10am despite the sign saying open at 9am.. And it was hot outside. Plus breakfast is over at 9am (on weekends?? why not 10am). Anyway, after breakfast there is nothing to do until the pool opens at 10am. Again, just bad management that doesn't care to meet customers expectations.

Room Tip: Expect a "value" priced room with management that may have standards below yours and mine.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!