“Cheap, Clean, OK” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Cave City
Louisville, Kentucky
“Cheap, Clean, OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

It's an Econolodge...it's not a Drury Inn...it's not a Hampton Inn...keep that in mind and don't set expectations too high and your budget travel needs are met just fine. Other Cave City motels were offering the usual holiday weekend tourist rip-off rates...not this one! The non-smoking king room we were given was actually smoked in and we were moved right away; however, at the expense of having to listen to neighbors' yapping little dogs...quite rude and annoying! Breakfast was fine; toaster-variety hot food w/microwaveable eggs and sausage biscuits; doughnuts, bagels, and cereal; no fruit though. We were there primarily for the pool and actually had it to ourselves a couple times on a 4th of July weekend! Cheap and clean and OK for a night or two!

Room Tip: Rooms on the courtyard/pool side of the building aren't in direct afternoon sun. If you're n...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jay P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your review. We do all we can to create a great experience for each of our guests; actively looking for ways keep costs low and offer enhanced services for comfort and convenience. I appreciate your review as it provides valuable feedback and the next time you are in the area

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My husband and I have been coming here 4 yrs, and wouldn't go anywhere els.the staff are friendly and rooms are clean and neat.the breakfast in the he moring is gd.alot 2 choose from.i would defently recommend 2 anybody 2 stay here. Thanks eccno lodge 4 making us feel home away from home! !!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jay P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank You for taking the time and giving us your feedback. Our team will surely appreciate your kind comments We hope to see you again in the near future. Thank You
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Great Hotel, Great Room, Great Service, Great Price! I have stayed at this hotel several times and I even stayed there on and off for a month on business. I travel for a living so I experience all types of hotels so I appreciate it when I find a great clean room and great hotel facility with fantastic service at such a low cost. Also both managers and the entire staff were awesome and made you feel safe and right at home. The room was extremely clean and modern and I wish all hotels were this clean friendly and comfortable at such a great price. Since I travel a lot in this area I have tried some of the other hotels and I found that this hotel has an equal or even better room than the higher priced hotels in this area, and their prices are much better. I will stay there every chance I get on business and exploring the caves and sites in the area. Make yourself happy and save yourself trouble by booking here!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Alexandria, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The only positive thing about this place is the pool......The price for this hotel was expensive (188 dollars) for 2 nights (memorial weekend). It was dirty and everything was in poor shape. No extra pillows and the beds were very uncomfortable. If another place had a room we would of demanded our money back on this one!!

Room Tip: Dont stop here
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jay P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and ongoing upgrades to the property. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.
Our commitment to investing in our property will continue this winter with renovations to our guest rooms and public areas. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
Western Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I must say that although this hotel could use some cosmetic work we had a good stay. Our room was acceptably clean and although sheets were recently cleaned (bleached), they probably should be replaced soon due to some small stains. This is a great location I would love to see them do some upkeep. It doesnt need anything major. Breakfast was a very pleasant surprise. I have seen complaints in some reviews but the food was great. It was a little crowded in there waiting for the microwave, but they had sausage biscuits, bagels, egg patties, eggo waffles, cereal, etc. It was very filling and I enjoyed mine by the beautiful blue pool. We will probably stay here again and hope some of the minor things are updated next trip. This place has so much going for it, I hope they will not let it deteriorate. Check in girl Marcie was very nice as was the gentleman that checked us out. Thank you for a good night's sleep! I usually don't sleep well away from home. That is a plus.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jay P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We value all reviews and comments from our guests, this lets us know any area's we may need improving in. We hope you will be back to stay on your next trip to our area.
Hernando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I don't usually stay in EconoLodges, but ended up at this one after a long, tiring day on the road with my 90-year-old mother. The clerk at the front desk, Marcie, made sure we had a ground-floor room, gave us the AAA rate adjustment that had been missed when we called the corporate 800 number to reserve the room, and then fixed the in-room refrigerator (which actually wasn't broken; it was just new and exceptionally quiet, a big plus when I was sleeping later!)
I have allergies and sensitivities to scents, which is why I usually stay in "better" hotels. But this room was very, very clean, and there was no stuffiness or residual smells from room deodorizers, carpet-fresh, or anything else.
The continental breakfast was more than satisfactory, especially for the very low room rate, and check-out was quick and friendly. I don't often get to Kentucky, but if I am ever in that area again, I will definitely stay at this EconoLodge.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jay P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
What an awesome review for your stay with us. It is always encouraging to the staff to know that they have made our valued guests like you have an enjoyable stay. We look forward to being your hotel of choice anytime you are in our area
Cave City, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

This is one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at in my life. There's a reason it's the cheapest -- because it's dirty and, well, cheap -- don't let anyone con you into staying here due to the price. Hardest beds ever. I had to use spare pillows to sleep on to get three hours of sleep before being woke up by a lawnmower, cutting grass that looks like it is cut every day. I'm thinking it is their wake up call to guests that need to check out. Too bad I wasn't wanting to stay only one day in Cave City.

• Stayed April 2014
Jay P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.
I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel policies

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!