“Pleasant surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Lancaster
“Pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We ate here after a long day of exploring Mammoth Cave. We weren't sure what to expect but thought we would give Sahara a try. The food and service were both quite good and we definitely will go back the next time we are in the area.

Visited October 2013

Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Pretty good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This steakhouse was pretty good. The cut of meat I had was had a lot of fat, but it was delicious. Of the three of us that went not a one of us disliked our meal. The salad bar that comes with the dinners was a bit limited but was still good. However it was a bit pricey. Not outrageous but I've seen steaks be cheaper. All in all well worth a visit.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Carolina
“Casual & Friendly Dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

There are not a lot of options in Cave City. We gave this a go since it was rated #2 here on Trip Advisor. The atmosphere is clean but casual. All the staff were very friendly & attentive. Our food was served in a timely manner & was hot & fresh. We all had Rib Eye Steaks. My son & I both thought the seasoning was rather salty but the steaks were cooked to our liking (medium). I was disappointed that the sautéed mushrooms with onions had canned mushrooms. We did not partake in dessert but I oogled another customer's peanut butter pie & it looked amazing. If you dine here without high expectations you'll be satisfied.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Woodstock, GA
“Food tasted great, but expensive!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

The restaurant is family friendly and the decor is very plain. I had a rib eye, my son had a filet, and his friend had a rib eye sandwich. We also had appetizers. They split mozzarella sticks and I had fried pickles. We split dessert: a delicious slice of peanut butter pie. I have absolutely no complaints about the food. It was great. But the total, including sodas and tip, came to about $100. Food is excellent, value is lacking.

Visited June 2014
Lucasville
“Family Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stopped here on our family vacation for Father's Day. The area doesn't offer many choices of dining. After reading reviews of fresh steaks; we chose this restaurant. The restaurant offers a nice salad bar to go along with the steaks. My husband tried the "Filet"(tenderloin) the steak could melt in your mouth. The steak price about $22 which is not bad for a good steak. Everyone enjoyed their meals at this family ran restaurant. I would visit this place again.

Visited June 2014