“Comfortable Inn Near Mammoth Cave” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Cave City
Dayton, Ohio
“Comfortable Inn Near Mammoth Cave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Planned a trip to Mammoth Cave for parent's anniversary. I booked 2 suites. We arrived early but were allowed to get our rooms which was very much appreciated. Spacious and clean. No musty smell as some hotels. Went to recommended restaurant for dinner which was very good. (A Little Taste of Texas) When we returned to Inn, we needed to take a walk to digest our food. Went to the weight room first which was clean. Also visited the pool area even though we didn't use this facility. Still, the indoor pool area was warm for wet swimmers but not too hot to sit in and relax while others swam. Pool water looked clean. After a nice hot bath with a very comfortable bed w/choice of pillow softness, I was sound a sleep.

Breakfast the next morning was typical of the included breakfast. Coffee was good and the lady monitoring the breakfast area was very friendly and efficient in making sure all tables were cleaned and food replenished. She even made my waffle for me. Thank you!

Only one issue, my parents stated that their sink was stopped up in their room. They only told me as we were leaving so I reported it to the front dest at check out. Desk attendant wrote it down and said they would have someone look at it. Hopefully that was done. As we all know, that happens sometimes so I still rated this as an excellent Inn to stay at and will again if we are back in this area.

Room Tip: I have learned to ask for rooms away from the elevator especially if in a kid friendly hotel w/pool...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
gmky165, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I'm very happy to hear you had a wonderful stay.

Comfort Inn & Suites
(270) 773-3335

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Great place to stay. Every thing was very clean. Staff was supper nice and helpful to me and my family. I will defiantly come back. Kids had a great time in there indoor pool. I highly recommend staying there on your on vacation. I know I'll be back

Stayed June 2014
gmky165, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for the awesome feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Madison County, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

First tried to get into the sleep inn, it was booked, so I checked into the Comfort. It was approx 11 at night and we just wanted to lay down for the night after 12 hours of driving. It looked like a very clean, nice Budget hotel to enjoy Mammoth cave from on a lay over before we finished the rest of our road trip. It was at the level you would hope/expect from a comfort inn. It was clean and very serviceable, but a economy hotel. However, as was laying my sons down for the night they saw a few ants, I thought, no big deal. A few ants are hard to stop. However, when we got up in the AM ants were everywhere. they were even in the kids bed. We didn't have out food to attract them, but the room was infested. I called down to the front desk and said, "The room has several ants". The response was "OK". So said I just wanted to let you know. I would expect some sort of action or accommodation for the ants or at least more than "ok" as a response. I am not going to give a terrible rating as I would have given good outside the ants. Also, the tub was newly refinished, but creaked loudly every time you shifted weight or moved. Made it hard to sleep while others showered.

Room Tip: Avoid 303 and maybe the hotel. Ants were a bit much.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the feedback! I'm sorry to hear that there was an issue with ants while at our facility. Due to the extremely dry conditions caused by a lack of rain they're trying to get food and water anywhere they can. We have been working very closely with our exterminating company to curb the issue to the best of our ability until the issue resolves once some much needed rain arrives in our area.

Monroe, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We made a reservation here while we visiting Mammoth Caved National Park. It is very close proximity to the park which is very convenient. We were greeted by a friendly clerk, who helped us quickly with extra linens and towels for our party of 5. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The queen-sized beds were comfortable with a choice of a firm or soft pillow. Space in the room was a little tight, so there was not much room for a roll-away or an inflatable bed for our 5th person. Typical of most hotels in this mid-range, the AC unit was a little noisy and the temperature hard to regulate. The bathroom tub/shower was spacious with an arched shower curtain, but it sounded like there was an installation issue as the tub was very noisy when stepping on it moving around in the shower. The complimentary breakfast was tasty; pastries, doughnuts, cereal, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs and make-your-own waffles; all which were very good. The kids loved the indoor pool too. It is across the street from a great Mexican restaurant, and a short drive to a great steak house (see our review on A Little Taste of Texas). Minus a few issues with the room that were pretty easy to overlook, this was definitely a great place to stay when you're in Cave City; we would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the feedback! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your accomodations. Please do visit us again should you ever be in the area.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stayed in this hotel on way home from Michigan. The hotel staff was friendly and hotel was clean except for some dust in corners of room and windows. I would recommend this hotel for travelers going thru Kentucky.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
gmky165, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey, your feedback is very important to us. It's very good to hear that our staff was very nice and your room was clean. Thank you for staying with us and have a wonderful summer!

Louisville, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I've had really good luck with visits at Comfort Inns, not just this one, but others as well. The beds are very comfortable and there's a choice of soft to firm pillows. The pool was very nice at this hotel. Management was friendly and the rooms were clean. Wish breakfast was better. Eggs/sausage are very strange and don't appear to be anything resembling the real thing. The rest of it is typical "continental" style...bagels, toast, waffles, yogurt, cereals, donuts, juice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
gmky165, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey, your feedback is very important to us. Thank you for all the positive feedback, I'm very happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for staying with us and have a wonderful summer!

Omaha, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We spent 2 nights while visiting Mammoth Cave NP. Hotel was clean, rooms were clean, beds were very comfortable. A/C was awesome. We were always greeted politely by the staff when we met in the halls or up front. Breakfast was the expected fare: Circle sausage & eggs, yogurt, waffles, cereals, sweet rolls, HB eggs, juice, milk, coffee, etc. Pool area was nice but we did not try it out... too much else to do.

Our only complaints are that the WiFi was painfully slow (it was useable) and the Bath Tub "Creaked" with every step.

There is a Cracker Barrel is next door as well as a McDonalds. We would stay here again without a second thought.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
gmky165, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey, your feedback is very important to us. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in our nice clean rooms. Thank you for staying with us, hope to see you again soon.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!