“We had a great time, but come with the right expectations” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wigwam Village

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cave City
Wigwam Village
Save Saved
You added Wigwam Village to your Saves list
Cave City, KY   |
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Cave City
Roanoke, VA
“We had a great time, but come with the right expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

They are cement teepees. Old cement teepees. So keep your expectations in line with where you are going. That being said, we took some excellent pictures. And there was ample room for the kids to play. We came armed with marshmallows and built a big fire in the yard. I'm not sure I would stay for multiple nights, but it was a great slice of Americana for an evening!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We traveled to Cave City with our 6 year old Grandson, he loved the Wigwam experience but not after staying in a limited service hotel around the corner the first night in the area. If you want something different, I recommend a night here...reserve the 1st night here with additional nights somewhere else. Your family will thank you for moving them to a nicer property but will have enjoyed the experience of a run down Wigwam.

Room Tip: Not sure any of the Wigwams are better than another, they are all in need of a refresh, but the room...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Milwaukee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Well, we decided to stay here because we were looking for something fun and different to do on our road trip. I have to say I was incredibly nervous about it, because the phone calls I had with the people ahead of time were terrible. I made my reservation over the phone and even though I said APRIL about 20 times, the guy still put me down for February (even though Feb was long over at this point). I had to repeat my credit card number about 6 times too. I called again the week before to verify my reservation, and I told him I wanted to make sure we both had the same dates in mind, and the guy wouldn't tell me the dates he had written down. He just kept saying, "Yes your reservation is correct..." Well, how do you know that? Only I know if you have me written down for the correct date!

However, when we got there, our reservation was, indeed, correct. We checked in with no problems. Our wigwam was fairly clean, but very outdated and our biggest issue was having no outlets to plug in any of our stuff. But, you can't mark them down for this...it is a wigwam after all :) They claim to have free wifi, but it didn't work at all while we were there, so if you need access to a computer, this is definitely not the place for you.

There were only 2 of us, and we opted for a wigwam with 2 beds thinking that the place would be small and we'd probably need the extra space for our stuff. I am glad that we did this, because we ended up sleeping in separate beds due to the cramped space and the small beds.

The shower was not bad, but definitely keep in mind that you're not in a hotel, and shower quickly!!

There is a nice area outside where you can enjoy a campfire, or grill some food, and there's a playground for the kids.

One thing we were disappointed with was that the gift shop was not open when we checked out. We were excited to buy a tiny little wigwam to commemorate our trip to the area, but that morning the owners were operating out of their house and we weren't able to buy one.

It was a fun experience, but I'm definitely glad that we only stayed for 2 days. Definitely check out Mammoth Cave National Park if you are in the area! There really would be no other reason to come to the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Owensboro, KY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Place was neat looking and something different. Needs alot of work. Probably great during early times but run down now. Only space heaters used and our wigwam very drafty and chilly. Door was drafty and sunlight came thru bottom & sides. Only 1 parking spot each wigwam. Playground equipment appears recycled from mcds also broken with jagged plastic in its window. Tire horse swings rotted and could break any moment.

• Stayed April 2014
Palm Bay, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

If you are looking for luxury this is not it. But if you are looking for roadside kitch, old americana then this is for you. We stayed in wigwam #12 and the room was clean with furnishings from the era. The bed left alot to be desired. We had to use the space heater and it was still chilly. Overall fun and something we had to do once.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Waterford, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

If you set your expectations right, and you're looking for some classic Americana, you'll enjoy this place. The rooms are small, but clean, with 2 double (not queen) beds. You'll need to duck to get in the shower! The office "Wigwam" doesn't appear to be used anymore, when we were there, we needed to register at the owner's house. The Teepees are in very good shape, especially considering their age. The front door glass louvers are painted over, and the side window can no longer be opened, so the window A/C is the only ventilation. The playground, though, is in sad shape, too bad for families with small kids.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Based on reviews, we lowered expectations & enjoyed our short visit. TeePee #12 was heated well with space heater, had a working T.V., small coffee pot, and clean enough. Beautiful sunset & trains added ambiance. Outdoor fires & grills are available with lots if wood. We took some great pictures and enjoyed the (decayed) Americana. Slightly eery feeling because of lack of people and truly shabby play ground equipment.

Constructive criticsm, tear down all that stuff & just make a nice fire pit area. Keep the slide only with a fresh paint job.

Stayed April 2014

Been to Wigwam Village? Share your experiences!