“If i could go everyday , i would” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Summer Shade, Kentucky, United States
“If i could go everyday , i would”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

Ive been to Jesse James Riding Stables servel times over the summer with my children. We love every min. of it of the ride. The horses are trained really well and are gentle. The staff there are very professional and make sure your safe at all times.We have a great time on the ride, the guides keep an eye on you as the cut up with everyone.I would go everyday if i could..

Visited December 2011

“Fun for the family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

We rode horses and did the alpine slide, we enjoyed our time!!

Murray, Kentucky
23 attraction reviews
“Quite an experience, beautiful countryside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

I first visited these stables in 1995 with my husband when we were newlyweds. It is quite pricy I assume for upkeep & insurance reasons, however it's a great experience even if you only do it once. The guides are very good and knowledgable. The horses are well-trained. The countryside is gorgeous and peaceful. This is a good activity for families and quite an experience if you've never ridden a horse.

Wilmington, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
“Grandson loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Our registration process took a little time--having to sign waivers, ages, what kind of horse we wanted, whether we were experienced or not, the fact that we carry insurance, releasing stables from liability, etc. We walked down this long hill (from the ticket sales) and then uphill to the stables. It was hot and a fairly taxing walk without shad, when it is hot/humid outside. At the stables, there were signs posted everywhere about how tips are appreciated. We were given no helmets. Brian was our tour guide. He was very nice and attentive--especially this being my 7 year old g-son's first solo horseback ride. I found some of the inclines to be a bit steep. Our tour guide was smoking through our tour (and never asked if we minded). When we returned to the stables, my son told the staff that his horse had taken a few stings, being led down a trail that there was some sort of hive (in fact his horse got aggitated/ran trying to get away from the stinging bees). The staff did not seem concered so much as to go inspect the horse, nor did they ask where along the trail this happened. My g-son thought this was one of the best things he got to do at our stay in Cave City and definitely wants to return. I recommend riding down to the stables if you are permitted as the uphill climb coming back to the park is taxing on foot.

Visited August 2011
Massachusetts
34 attraction reviews
“Fun guided horse trail ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Maybe the group you are with makes a difference at this place.
We got on the first 1-hour ride of the day with a family of 4. The guide was a real 'cowboy' - he actually breaks wild horses when they are purchased from out west. Yes, he smoked, but so what, it was outside and didn't make our ride uncomfortable.
The horses were calm and easy to ride and seemed well cared for. Pleasant valley ride though the woods before the temperature got too hot.
Teh guide was nice, rode back and found my wife's sunglasses on the trailside when she dropped them, and took our pictures while riding.
At $15/hour (with online $1 off coupon), this was a good deal compared to another riding stable we have visited.
They also have other attractions (mini golf, zipline,etc) but we only did the horse ride.

Visited August 2011