“Very Disappointing!!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Very Disappointing!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My friends and I went to this restaurant for lunch on 11/10/13. We decide to meet here because it was a mid point for each of us. I’m coming from Cincinnati and she’s coming from Louisville. We had never been here. I walk in and immediately I am like “dive” The décor is hodge podge with no rhyme or reason to any of it. Very non descript and dated, it is VERY dated! I am hesitant to eat here. Since this was our meeting point I go on in. When she arrives we are both skeptical, but sometimes the cosmetics make you leery but the ma and pop places sometimes have the best food, so we go ahead and order. The service was good, but the food not so much. I ordered the chicken tenders and fries with macaroni and cheese and coleslaw. The fries and chicken are both from a bag, the coleslaw tasted like KFC so I am only to assume that was from a box and the mac & cheese tasted from a box as well. My friend ordered a salad, fried catfish with mashed potatoes and brown gravy and macaroni and cheese. Her catfish was extremely bad, she couldn’t eat it. The mashed potatoes and mac & cheese both tasted from a box and the tartar sauce and lemon for her water was all pre packaged. Lemon juice in a packet, Seriously? You can buy real lemons at the grocery store and making tartar sauce is basically mayo and relish….. Her son had the Pimento Cheese sandwich and onion rings. He didn’t even like the sandwich. How hard is it to mess up a sandwich with cheese from a jar? It tasted as if it was thinned out with some other filler to make the cheese stretch further. The onion rings were ok, but they were from a bag as well.
Although we both agreed Carrollton is a quaint little town we would like to re-visit, the Welch’s Riverside Restaurant, not so much. I am most definitely not going back!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great small town restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We came here for breakfast while we were camping/boating. It was a great small town restaurant with a great view of the river. Wish it had a dock to pull the boat up to and it would be perfect. I got biscuits and gravy and a breakfast sandwich. The sandwich was especially good. Will be back next time.

Visited September 2013
Cincinnati
“Hometown food, good prices and a great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ate a Welch's on a Saturday morning for breakfast. It is a hometown, local joint. Nothing fancy here. Lots of senior citizens that looked like they meet every Saturday (possibly everyday) for coffee before they're off to run the plows.

I had an omelette, and it was excellent. Home fries were very good too. Pancake....good too. Yummy.

Service was prompt and polite. Again, nothing fancy here.

The facility is again, just plain Jane. The best part of the facility is that it has a wonderful view of the ohio river.

I'd definitely eat here again. Especially for the western omelette.

Visited August 2013
“Best place to eat in this small town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We always look for some good home home cooking while away from home and this spot did not disappoint! We went for a late breakfast-which is served all day, by the way. We parked on the square and walked over. It looked small from the outside but it was quite large inside and had an old timey feel to it. Upon entering we were told to sit anywhere we wanted. (They are also smoke free which was perfect for us!) They have an AMAZING view of the river so we chose a table close the back. The waitress was super nice and chatted with our kids. Our food came fast and every single thing was fantastic, just like mom would make! As we were leaving the lunch crowd was coming in. When we visit Carrollton again we will for sure go back to Welch's!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Country Food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I enjoyed my dinner and the view and the waitress was very nice. Good food, Good service, and a nice view. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

Visited June 2013