“Was lied to and denied discounts” 1 of 5 stars

Super 8 Carrollton
130 Slumber Lane, Carrollton, KY 41008   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Carrollton
Hartford KY
“Was lied to and denied discounts”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I first called this motel because it was listed on my Kinergy Corp discounts . To get the discounts I had to use a reservation number provided . When I called that number I was told this motel showed no availability but when the associate connected me directly to the front desk they said they did have rooms . However , making a direct reservation denied me the discount .
On arrival , I found they had lied about having tractor trailer parking . They told me to park at Burger King . I then asked if they accepted the Corporate Lodging Consultant card which would have given me a rate below the published rate . They said they didn't . Another lie . I was just at the CLC website and saw member rates at this motel for the past week including the day of my stay . The Best Western next to this motel does accept the CLC cards but had no smoking rooms available . After staying at the Super 8 my wife said we should have stayed at a smoking room in the Best Western . With three better , cleaner hotels in adjoining lots it would be insane to stay at Super 8 .

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

On our way down to the gulf of Mexico, we found the Super 8 to be very clean, well lit, and close to restaurants. This motel is pet friendly and close to the interestate. A very easy off and on, if you are looking for that quick overnight stop.

Room Tip: Try closer to the front desk for ease of moving your luggage into and out.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
ithaca, new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

I am VERY picky when it comes to clean - this is the first hotel I've stayed in that has meant my expectations. Room was comfortable and good value for the price. I read the other reviews and cannot agree with them. The breakfast included hot waffles, cereal, muffins, sweet roll, coffee, juice. It is a pet friendly hotel and I did find myself ready to let my dog out when I heard a woof before I realized it wasn't mine but it was one woof and that is to be expected. I am a light sleeper and did not notice any excess noise. The night desk clerk was friendly, offered suggestions for dining, and rapidly checked me in. The gentleman in the morning (I believe owner perhaps) was also very friendly, took a letter to mail for me, and checked me out with no waiting. I would definitely return to this hotel and be certain my friends traveling in that area are aware of it.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Northeast Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

We chose this facility as it was pet friendly and budget priced - an overnight stay while travelling. Although clean and comfortable it was very loud. Outdoor/vehicle noise, hallway noise, upstairs noise, noise from adjoining rooms. And, the fan in the bathroom, which turns on automatically with the light switch, sounded like a jet engine. This facility is located next door to 2-3 other hotels - we will definately try them next time.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Orrville, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2010

Made reservations months ahead, when we got there, the desk clerk wanted to charge us an extra $100.00 each night! Had to threaten to call Super-8 corporate before she would back down.

Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Carrollton hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2005

Nice hotel for the price. Water was hot and room was clean. However, the breakfast in the morning was lacking as was the noise abatement. Also the door to the parking lot on the first floor was always propt open by the mat on the ground (nice security?).

There was a herd of elephants staying above us or at least it sounded like it. Plus many barking dogs. So, if you don't mind your stay "loud" then this is the place for you.

No high speed internet access only dialup ports on the wall. I'm going to try the Hampton next time as you have to drive through their parking lot to get to the 8.

• Stayed September 2005

Been to Super 8 Carrollton? Share your experiences!