“Disgusting” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Broadbent Inn & Suires to your Saves list
Broadbent Inn & Suires
Broadbent Inn & Suires
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   153 Broadbent Blvd, Cadiz, KY 42211 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Cadiz
Atlanta, GA
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Years ago, this was a decent - economy type hotel. Now, I wouldn't want my dog to stay there much less me! The chair in the room was filthy, soiled, ragged. It was a good representation of the rest of the room. Any time management would allow such a chair in the room, it's obvious the cleanliness and appearance of the rest of the room is of little importance. We checked out the very next day and went to Knights Inn .. much better. It's sad that this hotel has come to this .. I couldn't even sleep comfortably because I felt like the sheets and everything were unclean. I slept in long sleeves and long pajama pants. Even if you get this hotel through priceline, it's not worth one red cent .. until they get new management and do an extreme overhaul, I suggest you stay elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Upon arrival at the hotel, everything seemed to be in order. It looked like a nice little hotel. I had asked my girlfriend to find us a nice room at a reasonable price online. My daughter and I are driving across the country to my grandmothers funeral, and are a bit strapped for cash, and want this trip to go as smoothly as possible. She was delighted that she had found us a nice (seeming) room at a great price. It was also directly on our route, so there was no driving ANY out of the way.
My daughter and I were settling in for the night, when we turned down the covers and noticed that the sheets were NOT CLEAN. They had hair all over them and appeared to be unwashed from the last person that had been in the room. I informed the front desk, and they told me that the maid had quit/been fired so they could not do anything about it. I proceeded to inspect 7 different rooms to try to find one that did have clean sheets. None of them did. They refused to refund my money on site, and told me that I had to contact customer service in order to receive such.
This is absolutely unacceptable. They should not be allowed to even book rooms that are not fully clean and functioning. Especially dirty sheets, seeing as the bed and sleeping is the primary purpose for one staying in a hotel room.
I do not understand how, or why, the front desk clerk or manager could not go find a clean set of sheets. That seems a bit ridiculous to me that they "aren't allowed to do that". I would think that they would do anything possible to keep me as a customer.
In the end, we ended up going across the street to the Knight's Inn... That was fully satisfactory, and CLEAN... Go there instead...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Elko, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed in this hotel 7 years ago while we were in Cadiz packing my husband's grandmother for her to move to North Carolina to be closer to her son. At that time it was a nice enough place and a good value. This weekend we are in Cadiz again to lay her to rest and we stayed here again. It is horrible now! Doors don't work, carpet is filfthy, it is completely run down. It is very obvious that the current owner is doing much of nothing to improve this place.

It was a roof over our head for one night, that's about it. We won't be staying her again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Inglewood, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Oh my Goodness, I can kick myself in the but for not making reservations for Super 8. I normally stay at Super 8 when I come home to visit for the Ham Fest. I didn't look at the reviews before coming here and I don't plan on complaining until I leave after I have seen what others are saying. Yes Bugs ! ! ! Yuck ! ! black crickets and roaches in the hallway and dead bugs in the bathroom. I was scared to turn out the lights to go to bed, wasn't sure what I was going to wake up to in the morning. I will NEVER EVER stay here again. ! ! ! ! Also if you are a Senior Citizen don't stay here. They only have stair and you only can enter from the front door, no parking in the back or on the side of the hotel, if your room is in the back ...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Midland, ga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I thought this place was new, but obviously walking upstairs, the carpet was filthy. The air condition in the hall way was making all kinds of noise, the room was hot as hell, it took hours for it to cool down!! And... The Pepsi machine gave out old dirty cans of soda, yuck! The bed covers did not fit the bed as well. Thus far, is the 2nd worst hotel I have stayed in..

Room Tip: Drive the 30 extra miles to hopskinsville or Clarksville to get a much nicer hotel and a piece of mi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thurmont, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I had a wedding to Officiate in Cadiz and I stayed at the Broadbent Inn and Suits. The customer service was great (thanks Judy) and room was very clean, roomy and comfortable! Bath was average size but also very clean! Shower was better than average, very hot water and an upgraded shower head with lots of pressure. The indoor pool was not open yet but is a decent size! The housekeeping staff were also MUCH BETTER THAN AVERAGE!! Always smiling and would stop to talk and make sure your room is up to your expectations!! Next to this hotel is a Cracker Barrel and a Subway..both in walking distance!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Calhoun, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

This hotel is a horrible choice, even worse than the rest in Cadiz. The entrance, lobby, corridors, and rooms all smell vile and the sheets are feel very unwashed. The "free breakfast" is an absolute joke, being nothing more than a bag of white bread and a toaster next to some cereal and oatmeal packets (no hot water though?) with some styrofoam bowls. The bed is uncomfortable and the whole room just feels like its horribly unclean. The furniture is dingy and the hotel is poorly lit (inside) and the shower smelled sour. Do not waste your money or time here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Broadbent Inn & Suires? Share your experiences!