We arrived at this resort with unease after reading prior reviews. We booked a bungalow cabin, brought our 21" boat & 2 kids. We booked it because they had vacancies & our trip was last minute. They have a lot to do there for kids.
We arrived under the cloak of darkness to find a man walking down the road holding his laptop out in front of him. He had a lost look, slowing turning, spinning, looking up to the sky. I said "look honey, they have laptop zombies here!" Hubby was not amused as we had been driving for 20 minutes around the resort trying to find our "cabin" They have small signs on them & you have to get out to find your spot with a powerful light or ask a drunken camper where it is.
Ok- day comes. What a dirty cabin. The linens were new. They beds did have bedbug covers that were loud but we left them on & slept ok. That's the only positive I have to say. I have been in old cabins that were at least clean. These were semi-new mobile homes actually sitting up on concrete blocks! They actually MOVED all the time. They seemed to be sliding down the hill, slowly, with all of us inside, following the laptop zombies right down the road. I brought cleaning supplies because of the reviews but where to begin? The entire cabin needed a DEEP cleaning. We decided just to stay out of it all day if possible. Dirt/dust balls the size of peas going all the way up the walls from the vents, cobwebs (bugs included)black filth on the AC vents with the same pea dust balls, ants on parade, dishes so dirty in the cubbards we were so thankful we screwed over the environment & brought disposable everything.
Ok- lets sum this up
Pros: Nice spot on the lake. NIce boat slips, seems secure enough but no night security, our boat was not tampered with. We felt management was friendly & responsive. (our only request was bug spray -yes for INSIDE the "cabin"- we did not sense rudeness) Very nice variety of kids activities. Very pretty setting. Clean setting.
Cons: NICKEL & DIME TO DEATH RESORT! Cabin renters should get a courtesy slip- not be charged daily. Cabin renters should get a clean cabin. Cabin renters should not be charged to use the pool or facilities- that is INSANE. Pool should not have black grime around the walls that people have written dates into from MONTHS ago. Kids should not get sick from said pool keeping mom up all night with vomitting & ear pain. Peddle carts should not be allowed to be taken from the main area. Kids (including those camping for 1/100th of the cost of a cabin, take those cars & hide them for the entire day so that no other children can use them. State you have internet- HAVE INTERNET!!! It was "down for service" our entire 8 day trip.
Bottom line is this. My kids LOVED this resort. They don't see what we do, so it was huge fun for them. I would actually gladly take them back if the place was scrubbed down, "cabins" secured & obnoxious fees removed. I am currently planning a trip to the Caribbean with them for next year because we seriously spent that much for this resort. I suggest this place for camping or RV's only until conditions improve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kentucky Lakes / Prizer Point KOA Campground is located in Western Kentucky on the shores of Lake Barkley. We offer a full service camping resort including a marina and dozens of amenities. Resort guests can enjoy boat rentals, kayaking, a jumping pillow, miniature golf, hiking trails and more. We have campsites with 50 amp service, tent sites for those who prefer them and several different kinds of cabins ranging from our basic tree house cabins to huge three bedroom cottages. We are the perfect location for Family Reunions and large groups, ask about our group rates, with something for everyone to do no matter what age. We have a large pavilion that is a perfect area for those family get-together sand potlucks meals. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Prizer Point Marina Hotel Cadiz
- Prizer Point Marina And Resort
- Prizer Point Marina Cadiz