“New policies regarding cancellations” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Cumberland Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Burnside
Lake Cumberland Resort
You added Lake Cumberland Resort to your Saves list
500 Roberts Bend Rd., Burnside, KY 42519   |
Bowling Green, KY
“New policies regarding cancellations”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

I have stayed at Lake Cumberland many times in the past 20 years. Love the resort. However, I recently reserved a cabin for a business meeting like I have doen so many times before. The first nights total for the cabin was charged to my bank the day I made my reservation (this was not a hold on funds) When plans changed and I called to cancel the reservation I was told that the new policy was that you had to cancel SEVEN days in advance. I was calling 5 days prior. This was never explained when i was talking to the reservation staff. Finally I had to leave a message with the "manager" to see if they would consider giving me a refund. I have yet to hear from the manager! I love the resort and think it is beautiful and well kept, however, the new policy has really left a bitter taste in my mouth. Not quite sure I will be back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

We picked this place online and were sadly disappointed for several reasons. First, we were told it was on Lake Cumberland, it is NOT it's on the river. The front door of the house leaked air so badly, it was definately a safety issue. You could see light all the way around the door. We were never told it was a duplex!!! We could hear the people next door, the walls are paper thin. The outside balcony has a piece of ply wood that separates you from your neighbor. The people in the next house over, sat out on their balcony and watched us the whole time, even in the hot tub. There is absoutely NO privacy. The view of the water? Yeah, about a 2ft by 2ft spot between the trees. The shrubs were so overgrown you had to walk in the grass to get into the house. Phone didn't work. The hill down to the duplex was so steep we couldn't take our boat down there. No dogs allowed, which we liked except the neighbors next to us brought a yappy dog anyways. For the price we paid ($1400 week), it should have been a much nicer place. Was supposed to have 3 bathrooms, had only 2 1/2. To get to the hot tub you had to go through one of the bedrooms. We loved the lake, never will we stay at Lake Cumberland Resort again. Go elsewhere. To many other nice places to stay. The house was clean, I will say that.

• Liked — It was clean
  • Disliked — We were lied to about the place being a duplex, they never told us that
  • Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hamilton, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

A friend and I rented cabin 501C, a one bedroom cabin that had loads of charm.

It's situated in the Daniel Boone Forest area near Lake Cumberland. The resort itself offers 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom rentals. I fell in love with the cabin through their website as it had a huge wrap around porch and hot tub - 2 things that are essential in my opinion.

The amenities were endless it seemed. Washer and dryer, BBQ, gas fireplace, 2 bathrooms, dishwasher, FULLY stocked kitchen... I was further enticed to book due to the spring special, book 3 nights and pay for 2!! (Or book 7 pay for 5, the deal is offered in spring and fall)

Upon our late arrival (we got there after office hours) the security guard escorted us to the cabin area, which has a gate as extra precaution. I was delighted to find the exterior and interior exactly as the website had boasted.

I would highly recommend this resort to anyone. The staff were excellent, the cabins are gorgeous and the price is reasonable. Hidden gem indeed!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Central Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2008

We just got back from one of the most relaxing vacations I've had in years! Lake Cumberland Resort is just a few minutes off 27 from the town of Somerset. They rent cabins in the woods for couples, families, and even large groups.

Our two bedroom cabin was impeccably clean, provided a romantic gas fireplace, and a hot tub on the back screened-in porch. All the cabins come equipped with towels, dishes, paper towels, ect. and have a kitchen, dining area, and livingroom with satellite TV. We spent the same price per night that we spent in Henderson, Ky at a run-of -the-mill Comfort Inn. While our get-away was off-season for a romantic Valentine/Daytona 500 weekend, the cabins are situated far enough apart that we felt it would still have privacy in the busy summer season.

We found the Lake Cumberland Resort staff so sweet and hospitable, I was begging my husband for us to move to Kentucky by the end of our five day get-away. (In fact, all of our encounters with locals around this area were positively warm.)

This location was also great for us to see the State and National Parks during the day and return to our cabin in the evening. Besides the many boating and water activities in the area, there are at least five golf courses within a 1/2 hr drive. The resort has two pools and a general store, both open during the warmer months.

While the decore was pretty basic, the square footage, screened-in porches, (and did I mention the hot tub?) was one of the best vacation values I've found in a long time.

We are looking forward to returning to Cumberland Lakes Resort with our children this summer.

• Liked — The value of my accomodations--Located in a gated community with a hot tub, 2 bdrms, lingroom, 2 bathrms, full kitchen, privacy, fireplace, central location all for the price of a comfort inn
  • Disliked — The road up the mountain twists and turns to keep the slope safe, but once at the top (the resort) the twisting turning road to get up there is not all that big a deal for a private cabing in the woods.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Lake Cumberland Resort? Share your experiences!