“Great people and incredible experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gillhams Fishing Resorts

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Khao Thong
Gillhams Fishing Resorts
Save Saved
You added Gillhams Fishing Resorts to your Saves list
150 Moo 4 | Tumbol Khothong, Khao Thong, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Khao Thong
Singapore, Singapore
“Great people and incredible experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We spent 3D2N at the resort during our 5-day holiday in Krabi. Finding this resort on the number 1 list in Krabi on tripadvisor was the reason why we flew in from Singapore. We were a little disappointed that we didn't get a single fish the first two days despite the team from Gilhams offering help with changing baits regularly. With their expertise, my hubby finally landed a 80-90lbs mekong on the third day!

Rooms wise, they were decent and sufficient for my family of 5 with a queen bed plus twin bed configuration. Typical chalet style so not quite worth the price. Lots of mosquitoes but rarely bite. Water pressure was low. TV signal was weak. Thankfully my kids had their ipads to keep themselves busy. They love the swimming pool and the scenic view too.

Excellent wifi all around the lake and resort.

Restaurant serves home style thai dishes. We didn't try the western food although there were a number of choices. Ala carte breakfast was ok but omelette was more like a dinner dish than breakfast egg. Delivery service in takeaway boxes is available for anglers and those who prefer in-room dining.

Transfer service provided. Our airport to resort transfer in a passenger van was prompt but the driver was unsure of the location of the resort and took us beyond our destination before realising his mistake. Gilhams Resort to resort in ao nang transfer in a private luxury vehicle and the driver was very nice and friendly.

Overall a great experience that we will rave about to our friends. Everyone including the guests at the resort were friendly and greeted one another. It was easy to make friends because most of the people at the resort had a common interest. It is a common sight to see neighbours helping one another. A pleasant place, incredible experience!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Amesbury, Wiltshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed at Gillhams 27th to 30th January, the first bit of a month in Thailand.
Everyone was friendly and knowledgeable, both staff and other holiday makers. Nothing was too much trouble and all the staff were willing to help.
The light in our bathroom wasn't working, but within 15 minutes of reporting it, it was fixed.
My son and husband did the fishing and although I didn't fish, the surroundings are so beautiful it just made for a really relaxing time. The pool made a nice cooling break.
We had the greatest respect for the guides as they put in some long days and did everything they could to help you catch.
Although I didn't fish, there did seem to be a general concensus of opinion that all fishing stations should have the same equipment, eg whistles, bait scoops etc. That said, it didn't put anyone off their fishing.
It is a little way out and you would have to get get a taxi into Ao nang or Krabi, but Becky can organise trips etc.
The food was fantastic. Couldn't comment on the English style meals as we only ate Thai food which looked and tasted marvellous.
The bungalows are basic but comfy and lets face it, you don't go on holiday to such a fantastic place to spend time in your accomodation!
All in all, a fantastic place that we would love to go back to.
Thank you everyone at Gillhams.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Loved it - beautiful locations and stunning grounds taht are so well looked after. I fished here for an afternoon and morning staying just one night and now wish it had been for much longer. But one night was all the girlfiend would allow. although once she has seen it she was happy to stay for much longer (result) I had a coupkle of runs catching my own PB (freshwater) a siamese carp of 35 - 40lb - stunning condition and oh what a fight. I then go a bit of "fish envy" when the guy next to me pulled in (after 1.25 hour fight a 180lb mekong catfish - I will return for my own.

Also top breakfast with real bacon mmmmm

Lovely stay and great service = prices are a little high for food and drink but hey ho!

My only real suggestion for improvement would be softer matresses of some toppers as beds fairl hard for my tatse

Thanks all

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
St Helens, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

what an amazing place, spent 3 days fishing here and loved every minute. the resort is second to none! i caught some of the biggest fish of my life in the most beautiful surroundings. the staff were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble for them, they would wait on you at your swim delivering food and drink whenever wanted!
John my guide did everything in his power to put me on the fish and his passion for fishing and gillhams was awsome! he seemed almost as happy for me with the fish i caught as i was!
over the 3 days i caught 5 fish of 4 species and lost 4 more! my biggest a 65lb siamese carp is fairly average of the place but was the biggest fish i have caught in 23 years of fishing! i will be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
essex england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed at Gillham's Fishing Resort from 11-18 January, During a 3 week holiday in Thailand.
This resort is siimply outstanding for fishing or relaxing.
Stuart, his family and all the staff go out of their way to make sure you have a great tiime.
I can honestly say I would count this as one of our best holidays, we made lots of new
friends who we will be keeping in touch with in the future and we all intend to go back as a
group next year to Gillhams.
The guides are total professionals who really care about the fish, Joel and Chris and a
special thank you to Geoff who had to put up with a lot of ribbing being a northener as
we were all from London and the south. He really made our holiday and we all never stopped laughing.
The Food is great, whether you want Thai, English or even Indian.
Accommodation is simple but adequate, our lodge was right next to the pool
The views and scenery are to die for.
We will definitely be going back as soon as possible.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

We have just finished a weeks holiday at Gillhams, our second there and certainly not our last !

My husband caught some real monsters and was thrilled to have landed a 108lb Siamese carp as his first catch of holiday.

I can't recommend Gillhams highly enough, if your a non fisherman like myself I can honestly say you will still enjoy it. There's a lovely pool to relax around, and Stu will gladly arrange taxis or day trips for you as well.

The guides are a good bunch , and we had a couple of good nights out with them all, especially New Year's Eve in Ao Nang.

You won't be dissapointed !

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

visited this place for 2 days in December but only on a day ticket it was a fifties t birthday treat and what a treat it was we were picked up in aonang and taken to the resort from the moment you arrive you realize that you are somewhere special this place is no ordinary fishing resort if you are an angler like we are i don't think you will find a better place to fish me my 2 sons and my friend managed to catch an impressive 14 fish i personally managed 2 Siamese carp to 85 ponds and 2 Mekong cats to 195 pounds and until you have hooked one of these well i cant really describe tthe power just type in gillhams into to google and have a look. just wish we had stayed but that's
for another trip sooner rather than later thanks to stuart lake owner all the staff huge thanks to simmo and also managed to meet fishing legend ron buss what a gent oh and be prepared to get very wet

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Gillhams Fishing Resorts? Share your experiences!