i visited the resort recently for an afternoon w/friends who live nearby, and i must say that
it is in an absolutely stunning location, lush native tropical greenery everywhere,
surrounded by the bizarre limestone "karsts" for which Krabi & Phrang Nga province are
the owner, son & daughter each came to talk with us; we also talked w/several guests,
who all agreed as to certain specifics:
1) for a fisherman, this is paradise...
2) the setting is idyllic
3) the pool is great
4) the restaurant's food is delicious
5) the hosts & staff are gregarious, knowledgeable & ever-helpful
6) the room interiors are a bit "faded" -i looked at several- ***
(but the setting, again, is beautiful, so a trade-off???)
7) even w/other families around, not really a lot for the youngsters to "do" ***
8) a bit far away from anywhere else in Krabi & Ao Nang ***
*** (these points are why i gave it "very good" & not "excellent")
i'd say, stay a night or 2 (or just go for a day of fishing), then proceed to
Ao Nang, Railay, Krabi town, Koh Lanta, Phrang Nga Bay, etc...
in short, this resort is definitely worth checking out, even if only for the day...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have many world record sized fish at Gillhams Fishing Resorts, built in a stunning national park, surrounded by lime-scale karsts, 19 km from seaside town of Ao-Nang. We offer high quality two bedroom fully air conditioned bungalows within 12 meters of the 9 acre fishing lake, all with TV, DVD, hot showers, fridge and safe. For private usage, a large 7mtr x 15mtr infinity pool, lakeside restaurant with stunning views, full English and Thai menu. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Gillhams Fishing Hotel Ao Nang