“Food was so nice, we ate there twice!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
lafayette, indiana
“Food was so nice, we ate there twice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

After having supper the first night in Burlington, we decided to go back the second night. Portions are plentiful and all was very delicious.

Visited October 2012

Evanston, Illinois
“Best meal of our vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

A local pub / restaurant in this small town that must draw customers for miles around. A wonderful inn like facility in a very old brick building. An extensive menu with typical pub fare but with steaks and many specials. This was out last dinner for the trip and was probably the best out of 11 dinners we had. Wish we had something like this near us.

Visited October 2012
Wilmington, Ohio
“Great restaurant in Burlington, Ky”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Very diverse menu. the chicken livers are the best! There 3 of us, we had an attentive server, a lovely restaurant.

Visited August 2012
Union, Kentucky
“An Utterly Miserable Dining Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

As a local resident, I have dined at Tousey House on many occasions, and always enjoyed the experience.....until last Wednesday. My family and friends, ten in all, gathered at Tousey House to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday. Unfortunately, the meal was an unmitigated disaster from start to finish. Our initial drink order took over 20 minutes to arrive, and was incomplete. While ordering dinner, the waitress knocked over a glass of tea with the menus she was holding, spilling it on me and across the table, soaking my clothes and the tablecloth. She did not even notice what happened until I pointed it out to her. The waitress, instead of cleaning up the mess, simply brought a few clean napkins to the table. Once it became apparent that no one on the wait staff intended to clean up the spill, my wife removed the soiled tablecloth and mopped up the spill with our napkins while our waitress watched. Several of the main courses were overcooked, and when one of our friends brought this problem up with the restaurant manager, he did not simply take my friend's word for it, he inspected the meal as though confirmation was necessary before he would act on the complaint. The portion sizes were smaller than were served during previous visits, and some meals arrived cold. Drink orders continued to arrive late or not at all. At the end of the meal, the manager, who was fully aware of everything that went wrong, asked me what he could do to make up for our poor experience. I suggested a reduction in the bill would be appropriate, and he agreed. When the bill arrived, I was surprised and disappointed to see a reduction that was so small that it was almost insulting. Overall, this was the worst fine dining experience I have ever encountered. It is said that you only lose a customer once, and I regret to say that Tousey House has managed to lose ten customers, all at one time.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pittsburgh, PA
“Good food and a nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We had a meal here while staying at Willis Graves B&B. We sat outside on the deck which was very nice. The food was good but everything wasn't the same quality. We had the pretzel rolls to start and they were honestly my favorite part. We both indulged with the fried chicken which was good although I did think the sides could have been fresher. You could tell that they had been sitting. All in all it was a good meal and we went on a Wednesday to take advantage of their half-price wine deal. I would visit again!

Visited August 2012