“Average for what its worth” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge & Suites Brooks

Econo Lodge & Suites Brooks
You added Econo Lodge & Suites Brooks to your Saves list
Econo Lodge & Suites Brooks
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1901 East Blue Lick Road, I-65 at Exit 121, Brooks, KY 40109   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Brooks
Louisville, Kentucky
“Average for what its worth”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I booked online for travel plans and everything went smooth the first week. The office staff was friendly and helpful. Housekeeping was good, until the second week. They cleaned the room lightly when they did. (I was a housekeeper for several years, I know what should be done and what shouldn't be done for customers.) The office informed me the housekeepers need to service the rooms at least every three days. The second week, I left the room and they were cleaning the room RIGHT NEXT TO ME. I made eye contact with the lady and said good morning when I left my room. I went on my merry way, and when I came back my room was not cleaned, bed not made. Fine. This actually happened once the first week I was there too, and it wasn't the afternoon yet. It was around 10am. A few days later I was sleeping and housekeeping unlocked the door. I said I didn't need anything. They shut the door, and unlocked the door again and tried to force the door open. That made my stay kind of freaky and disappointing. Other weird things that happened, during my first week, a few days in the front desk called my room and said they were sorry I was unhappy with my room and wanted to know if I still wanted to move to a new room. I never made a complaint about my room. If I was going to complain about my room, the only thing I would say is I wouldn't recommend staying here during the winter. The gap under the door makes the cool outdoor air seep into your room, and the heater didn't get past cold. I ran it for at least an hour and a half. Overall average experience. It didn't suck until a few days before I left, but that was reflected in the tip. Good place to stay on a tight budget. 24 hour subway, waffle house and taco bell within walking distance. It served its purpose.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I was planning to turn in my Choice credit card and never use any of their hotels again. But there was a trucker convention in town and nobody else had a room. I was very pleasantly surprised.

The room was clean and clean smelling. The beds were the quality of more expensive chains. There was a little peeling paint above the tub but you expect some issues in sub $100/night room.

The staff was competent and friendly. The breakfast area is small but if you search a little you will find what you need.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel for an overnight stopover.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I'm not easily impressed and don't normally post reviews but in this case I felt it was due. I stayed for five days (25 OCT-30OCT2013). I like most was initially taken by the negative reviews but there was a convention in town and rooms were very tough to come by so I had to take a chance. I arrived at the hotel and things were good... counter staff were friendly, check in was quick... to the room. I was preparing for a the marginal but that's not what I found. The room was nice! Easily on or above par with any Econo Lodge I've stayed in the nation. Yeah, the pool was not open but it was late October and I wasn't looking to use the pool any way.
I'm not sure if the owner have changed or if the managers have changed but I saw no need to not stay at this hotel. I will stay here the next time I'm in the Louisville area! It's close enough to downtown but far enough to get a great deal on a room... fit my needs. And BTW, it was about full as I left... The convention crowd had packed the place. Not to mention, all accounting was accurate.
They also accept pets at a cheaper rate than anyone else I could find in the area!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Grant City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Room was ok I guess. Cobwebs, very old comforters, stains on carpet are a few complaints. This hotel is not for a family experience. It is basically a truck stop hotel. For $89 the room is way over priced. Looks like they jacked up prices to the national FFA convention kids. Be warned they have a no exception, 30 day cancellation policy also. Picture on website is "off" too. Roof is wrong color. It is tricky to find also when you get off interstate.

I called with my concerns due to poor ratings, they blame people only post complaints. Not true with me...I post good and bad, and a majority of mine are good. If I would have had my family with me, or staying more than one night I would have been Unhappy, but in this case, I was alone and only needed a place to sleep.

One good thing was, conviently located to places to get dinner.

Room Tip: Avoid them all unless you need just a place to sleep
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Fall River, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I should have heeded the warnings I came across when reading reviews before booking this hotel. However, we stayed here five years ago and it was a decent place to stay. But not this time around! The trouble started when we arrived at the hotel. We found out the pool was closed because it needed to be fixed (keep in mind it's July!). I told the front desk agent that one of the reasons we booked the hotel was because of the pool. Instead of apologies, we were told that the pictures of the pool were taken down from the website. This must have been done after we booked the hotel because the pictures were still up when we booked. Unfortunately, we had to stay here for six nights because we would lose $400-$500. Things were worse once we got to the room. First of all, the bed looked like a five year old made it! The towels were stained and displayed sloppily! There appeared to be a cigarette burn in the tub of a non-smoking room. The staff was also incompetent. One "kid" closed breakfast early in order to text or play games on his phone. Another staff member couldn't make a simple pot of coffee! I would never stay here again, and I hope this review will prevent someone from making the same mistake we made.

Room Tip: Try another hotel! If you are from out of town like I was, maybe try booking the room for one night...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in mid-February. Stayed in a room with King bed & pull out couch. Very clean room, recent paint/remodel. Unit had a fridge, small desk w/office chair. Ate breakfast all three mornings, biscuits & gravy, donuts, cereal, & fruit. Wireless internet was fast. Check in/out was very helpful and friendly. Nothing fancy, close to interstate (easy access, but not scenic). I would definitely stay here again. Great value!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Grayling, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on a recent trip home from Florida. Easy access from I-65, CLEAN and comfortable room (#124), friendly and accomodating staff. We left early the next morning before official breakfast hours, yet the staff gratiously served us coffee and rolls upon our departure.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge & Suites Brooks? Share your experiences!