“Ok for a night” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge & Suites Brooks

Econo Lodge & Suites Brooks
You added Econo Lodge & Suites Brooks to your Saves list
Econo Lodge & Suites Brooks
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1901 East Blue Lick Road, I-65 at Exit 121, Brooks, KY 40109   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Brooks
Grant City
“Ok for a night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Room was ok I guess. Cobwebs, very old comforters, stains on carpet are a few complaints. This hotel is not for a family experience. It is basically a truck stop hotel. For $89 the room is way over priced. Looks like they jacked up prices to the national FFA convention kids. Be warned they have a no exception, 30 day cancellation policy also. Picture on website is "off" too. Roof is wrong color. It is tricky to find also when you get off interstate.

I called with my concerns due to poor ratings, they blame people only post complaints. Not true with me...I post good and bad, and a majority of mine are good. If I would have had my family with me, or staying more than one night I would have been Unhappy, but in this case, I was alone and only needed a place to sleep.

One good thing was, conviently located to places to get dinner.

Room Tip: Avoid them all unless you need just a place to sleep
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Fall River, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I should have heeded the warnings I came across when reading reviews before booking this hotel. However, we stayed here five years ago and it was a decent place to stay. But not this time around! The trouble started when we arrived at the hotel. We found out the pool was closed because it needed to be fixed (keep in mind it's July!). I told the front desk agent that one of the reasons we booked the hotel was because of the pool. Instead of apologies, we were told that the pictures of the pool were taken down from the website. This must have been done after we booked the hotel because the pictures were still up when we booked. Unfortunately, we had to stay here for six nights because we would lose $400-$500. Things were worse once we got to the room. First of all, the bed looked like a five year old made it! The towels were stained and displayed sloppily! There appeared to be a cigarette burn in the tub of a non-smoking room. The staff was also incompetent. One "kid" closed breakfast early in order to text or play games on his phone. Another staff member couldn't make a simple pot of coffee! I would never stay here again, and I hope this review will prevent someone from making the same mistake we made.

Room Tip: Try another hotel! If you are from out of town like I was, maybe try booking the room for one night...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in mid-February. Stayed in a room with King bed & pull out couch. Very clean room, recent paint/remodel. Unit had a fridge, small desk w/office chair. Ate breakfast all three mornings, biscuits & gravy, donuts, cereal, & fruit. Wireless internet was fast. Check in/out was very helpful and friendly. Nothing fancy, close to interstate (easy access, but not scenic). I would definitely stay here again. Great value!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Grayling, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on a recent trip home from Florida. Easy access from I-65, CLEAN and comfortable room (#124), friendly and accomodating staff. We left early the next morning before official breakfast hours, yet the staff gratiously served us coffee and rolls upon our departure.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Rochester, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The lobby and breakfast area looked clean, so we decided to stay. Our room was number 104 and absolutely run down. The blankets were ripped, the comforter had cigarette holes, the carpet was worn and cement was showing in several areas. After taking a shower I walked back to the bed and noticed the soles of my feet were black. Further inspection revealed that the black stain on my feet was dirt coming off the carpet. The TV did not work so we called maintenance. Within 5 minutes thereafter it stopped working again. In the morning there was not toast to be had for breakfast. We brought all these issues to the attention of the front desk clerk who simply told us "I have nothing to do with housekeeping". Never again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tomahawk, WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

We had very few choices of rooms in the area due to the Mid-America Truck Show ( the reason for our visit) and if I had known what I was getting for $90, I would have stayed anywhere else! The room was dirty, the towels and bathroom reeked of cigarette and pot smoke, the TV required 2 remotes (in a certain order). We will either book much earlier next time or stay farther away from convention center.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stopped here on my trip to Gatlinburg. I was given a room and the key would not work I tried 3 time and on the 3rd time a person from the room opened the door. I explained I was just given this room and showed him the key with the room number. Apologized and went to the office. The girl behind the desk seemed to be confused and not know how to run the computer. She got me a room. It was on the North end of the building. I could hear the traffic from the highway. The breakfast was cont in the AM. Nice enough. It looked like somebody should get trained or retrained in the office procedures. The room was a little shabby with the kick board was not attached to the wall. Room and bath was clean.

Room Tip: If you want ecno lodges go to the next exit.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge & Suites Brooks? Share your experiences!