“Average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brooks
North Olmsted, Ohio
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed overnight in the middle of a road trip so we were there less than 10 hrs. The price is right, especially with a AAA discount. The front desk personnel was very nice. Our room was ok. It does need a remodel. It was very muggy in there but the A/C ran fine. There were some toiletries & mini fridge. Flat screen TV. 2 full size beds. I don't really like the sink being outside of the bathroom but that's not uncommon. I thought the free breakfast was nice, I love sausage gravy & biscuits. Also the donuts were pretty good. Saw the pool, it looked inviting but we didn't have time. And I saw that there is a fitness room but I didn't look inside at all. Location is ok for what we needed, off the highway, gas station right there. The only big issue is that it really does need to be remodeled. I think it was a good 1 night stay hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
FOM_BI_Brooks, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Louisville South I 65, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for staying at the Baymont Inn in Brooks, Kentucky and for taking the time to leave a review of your stay! I am glad you found our rates were a good value for the money and that you had a pleasant experience with our front desk staff. Thank you for also mentioning our free continental breakfast; Biscuits and Sausage gravy has been a favorite staple since we brought it back on the menu earlier this year, and it is good to hear it doesn't disappoint! Our donuts, muffins and danishes are delivered from a local bakery called Sugar and Spice, I'll pass along the compliments next time they stop by. Our indoor pool is a very popular guest attraction and is open til 11pm each night, bring your swimwear next time and enjoy a refreshing dip! Or if burning off some extra calories is more your style our fitness room is equipped with a treadmill, exercise bike, elliptical machine, and weight-resistance machine. The hotel has begun a remodeling project to update our guest rooms and public areas, so I would like to invite you back in the future to see our progress!
-Billie C., Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed here while on layover waiting to get loaded with freight. Found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and well stocked. Will be staying here again when iin Louisville.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

FOM_BI_Brooks, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Louisville South I 65, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to review the Baymont Inn in Brooks, KY. I'm very pleased you found our staff to be pleasant and helpful, we are very glad you enjoyed our Hometown Hospitality and I'll be sure to pass along your comments to them! Safe travels to you, and we look forward to having you again when you come through Louisville, KY!
Morrow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This was a great motel. At check in the lady was very nice and the room was wonderful. Very Clean and quiet. Breakfast was also very good. Biskets and gravy and great coffee. We didn't use the pool but noticed the area was also very clean.

Room Tip: We were traveling from home in Florida to WI to visit our kids with our 3 Grand Kids (we are their f...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for stopping by the Baymont Inn in Brooks, Ky and for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am very glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay here, and encourage you to stay here again on your next trip to enjoy a swim in our wonderful indoor pool! Thank you for mentioning our clean rooms, inviting staff, and complimenting our breakfast items, I will be sure to let our staff know their hard work is appreciated.
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This hotel is in serious need of a visit by Baymont executive management and if not improved should have its flag removed. I know I don't lay on carpets, but these were extremely dirty and stained. Outer doors need paint. Rodent trap at the outside entrance was telling. The second floor smelled of cigarette smoke throughout. In the first room we got, AC was not working, someone had been smoking and the window open, also telling. Second one was marginally better. No elevator, so one has to drag heavy luggage up a flight of stairs. Visible cigarette burns and tobacco stains on the curtains, bathtub, and even a pillow casing. Peeling wallpaper. When you see common areas in this kind of shape it is hard to imagine rooms much better. I realize we are dealing with a lower price point but why should the place be in such unpresentable condition? Breakfast bar was very basic. I will be discouraged from ever staying at this chain again. Management needs to do more than simply apologize for this.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and bring these comments to our attention. Our property is currently being renovated, and will be addressing many of the issues you mentioned. Several a/c units that have been working poorly have already been replaced. Some of the projects include replacing carpeting, removing wallpaper and updating rooms with fresh paint, as well as checking existing furniture and fixtures for refinishing and repairs. The lobby and breakfast area is also scheduled to be updated. Several guest rooms have been completed already, however they are currently limited. We are focusing on only a couple rooms at a time to limit the inconvenience that large construction projects can place on our guests.
I hope you will give us and our brand another chance during your travels, and invite you back in the future to see the updates and improvements we are working hard to complete for our guests.

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Louisville South I 65? Share your experiences!