“Wedding of My Dreams!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Southern Grace Bed and Breakfast
325 Kirchdorfer Road, Brandenburg, KY 40108   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Brandenburg B&B and Inns
Clearfield, KY
“Wedding of My Dreams!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

In early October, Southern Grace hosted my wedding and did a fabulous job! My husband and I fell in love with the place the first time we walked in the door, knowing it was exactly what we wanted: comfortable and welcoming. Southern Grace (and especially Theresa and Pat) went above and beyond to make every moment of our wedding magnificent, including the rehearsal dinner, the ceremony with 100 guests, and a blast of a reception! They thought of everything, and executed the whole event with precision, good humor, and best of all: a caring heart!

We loved the honeymoon suite, and I couldn't get enough of the breakfast in the morning! We rented the whole bed and breakfast for two nights so the bridal party could stay (and help me get ready on the big day). Everyone at the bed and breakfast worked hard to make the ceremony and the reception perfect, and it felt like I only had to worry about getting ready (thank you so much!). Our wedding guests kept talking about the delicious food at the reception and the beautiful decorations. We never could have asked for a more perfect, welcoming, joyous wedding experience.

I would recommend anyone who is getting married (small wedding or large) to look at the bed and breakfast. You will be happy you did! We'll be coming back at some point in the future... maybe an anniversary?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a small wedding at the b&b. We took over the entire inn for the night. We loved having our families together to stay with us, but still being able to have our privacy. Our suite was amazing. The wedding and reception were beautiful. We are very pleased and will be returning every year for our anniversary.

• Stayed January 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I travel quite a bit for work and always look for a good B&B over a hotel. Southern Grace has been by far the BEST B&B I've stayed at thus far. I ended up staying 2 weeks for not much more then the local rundown motel. I looked forward to getting off work and relaxing in this beautiful house everyday. I looked forward even more to breakfast every morning! Especaily the Blue berry and sweetpotatoe waffles!! Cant say enough about how gracious Theresa and her husband were to us for our entire stay. I will be bringing my wife back for our anniversery.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Webster, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I needed some time away from everyday life. We live less than 8 miles from Southern Grace Bed and Breakfast. It was nice to find a place so luxurious so close to home. It was the romantic retreat my husband and I needed. We arrived later than planned and were greeted at the door and given a tour of the home. Theresa was very welcoming and accommodating. We stayed in the Southern Grace Suite, and it was amazing. The bathroom and bedroom were very spacious well decorated and "couple friendly"!! The breakfast was also wonderful. We had a wonderful time and look forward to a return visit in the spring.

Room Tip: The Southern Grace Suite has a romantic charm to it!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband surprised me by taking me to Southern Grace for my birthday. This modern home in a country setting was so inviting as the alpacas gazed to see who was coming up the drive. Greeted at the door, we received a quick tour of our home for the evening, while Theresa explained all of the extra amenities included with our stay. The room was amazing - romantic and inviting, with added touches to add that home-away-from-home charm such as bubble bath, in-room coffee, wine glasses and a corkscrew for the wine we purchased on our wine trail tour before we arrived. Breakfast was cooked perfectly to order, made from "green eggs" gathered from their own chickens! But the best part was the hospitality of our hosts, David and Theresa. I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone looking for romance, relaxation, and a quiet charm. I will have lasting memories not only of my birthday, but also of the new friends we made!

Room Tip: None of the rooms share a common wall. The suite has a private entrance if you're looking for ex...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I visited Southern Grace on a much needed personal retreat. My daughter and I stayed 3 nights at the BB and booked a return trip upon check out. Dave and Theresa were some of the kindest people I have ever met in my entire life. The environment in the house was like you were at home, without all the work to be done. The food was amazing - I still dream of the sweet potato waffles. I have trouble sleeping at night, I am lucky if I can get 5 hours a night with all my tossing and turning - I slept 13 hours straight every night I was there. Aptly named, the Southern Grace was hands down the best place I have ever stayed, this coming from a woman that has traveled extensively for work, school, and play.

Room Tip: I stayed in the lilac room and it was perfect. I did get to look at all the other rooms though beca...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Warsaw, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This Bed & Breakfast in Brandenburg, KY near Louisville is a charming one!! It provided a comfortable meeting place for my son & daughter-in-law from Florida & myself from PA to come together for a Christmas celebration. Theresa & David were so accommodating to us all! Theresa drew maps for us to get to restaurants, local, & antique stores which was great! Ask David his secret recipe for the best bacon in the world!!! The beds are so comfortable and the home is set up so you aren't running into everyone at the same time. Another great feature is the breakfast menu, yes, menu!!! You pick what you want AND what time you would like it, wow, that is unheard of at a B & B. I would recommend this wonderful B & B that is full of Southern Grace to anyone!!

Room Tip: I think next time I will go for a room upstairs just for a change.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Southern Grace Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!