“It's not the best but if you need a place for just one night right off the highway this is decent.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Country Hearth Inn - Bowling Green

Save Saved
You added Country Hearth Inn - Bowling Green to your Saves list
Country Hearth Inn - Bowling Green
395 Corvette Drive, Bowling Green, KY 42101   |
Ranked #29 of 31 hotels in Bowling Green
col
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This hotel was in a very convenient location. Access to the highway is really close and that is about the best part of this hotel. This hotel looks great on the outside. The lobby is very inviting and nice looking as well. The beds weren't that bad, it was the cigarette burns in the blanket and comfortable that bothered me the most (which warranted the overall poor rating). Our room smelled like smoke. We stayed at this hotel for one night on way to Louisiana. The bathroom was clean, it was not pristine and I didn't expect it to be but it was clean. They offered breakfast in the morning with the regular breakfast pastries, cereal, milk, juice, and fresh fruit there may have been more breakfast items but I didn't see them. The staff was nice and friendly. I was with my husband and in laws, I would not have stayed at this place alone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Columbus, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I checked the reviews in advance and read that it was clean and well priced. It was smoke filled and smelled of cigarettes and pets. Unless you need a room you can smoke in or are in a pinch for a place that allows pets, this is not a good choice. We walked to our room and with kids covering their faces with their blankets checked right back out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Milwaukee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed here because we were visiting the Corvette Museum the next day and the motel is adjacent to the parking lot. Our room had obviously been recently redecorated and was in nice shape. It was also quite quiet considering the motel is right up against the freeway. The blanket had wear and cigarette burns and the sheets, although obviously laundered, had some stains. The security lock on the side door was broken.

Breakfast was provided but was quite bad - think of the worst motel breakfast you have ever had. Juice was in a nearly-empty pitcher on the counter and the coffee carafe was empty when I arrived (at 8am). I had to ask for it to be refilled and for bagels. All during breakfast I was regaled by someone behind the counter (not the clerk) talking very loudly on a cell phone in another language.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bloomington, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We used to like this location, because the jacuzzi's were a nice size and the kitchenette was very convenient. But we had to give up on it after this last visit. It's been getting worse over the years, and until some serious changes are made I can not recommend this place to anyone. On our latest visit, our reservation could not be found upon arrival... even with providing the confirmation number. On our way to the room, there were many noticable items that needed to be fixed... window screens ripped, the side door was not locked, and there was a bad smell. Once we made it up the stairs and found the room, some of the signage had been ripped off the door. Once we entered the room, there was the smell of smoke... even though this was a non-smoking room. The frame around the window was water damaged, and showed serious signs of deterioration. The jacuzzi was not clean. There was debris all over the bottom of the tub. The countertops were sticky. The phone didn't work. In order to get the TV to work, I had to move the cable box that had been added, and turn the TV to the correct channel before the remote would begin to work. We didn't venture any further. We asked for a replacement room, and we were told everything was booked. We finally moved back out, and was thankfully and kindly given a full refund.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel room was very clean, although the sheets were obciously well worn. - had small holes in them. The reception was very respectful and the breakfast was adequate. Across from the National corvelle museum which was a bonus. Bed comfortable, and room well kept

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the ice machine
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Middletown, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed here one night because we were picking up a car at the corvette museum. There is a reason that rooms are only $45.00. There was new carpet in our room, new tile and tub in the bathroom, but the window looked like it might fall out of the wall at any moment! I think that someone may want to introduce them to bleach as well. I got a washrag wet to wash my face and it was black in the center! Eww! The only plus.....no bed bugs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I've travelled to places in Peru, Guatamala, Mexico, multiple US states, the Caribean etc. This is the 1st place that I had to leave. From the moment I walked in things looked bad, but after driving all day I thought I could handle it. The manager at the desk didn't think it necessary to wear socks or shoes. The front desk area smelled like a Pakistan restaurant kitchen. On the way to my second floor room I noticed the carpet had not been vacuumed, with dirt and sunflower seed shells on the floor. A window screen on a landing window had been torn but not replaced. Upon entering my room, 2nd floor other side of the building from the front desk, the stench I encountered at the desk continued. The carpet again looked as if it had not been vacuumed in some time. The room was barren with a sunken old recliner and the usual fridge and tv. The window had no screen. The toilet seat's paint was peeling off. The lampshade on one lamp had some sort of funky stain. Luckily enough the manager allowed me a refund and I departed about an hour after arriving. I would stay away from the whole Country Hearth chain. I stayed at one in Pigeon Forge and it was the same, a real lack of upkeep.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Country Hearth Inn - Bowling Green? Share your experiences!